Just bought 7.62x39 for 2.99

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    The West Monroe store is getting several new loads a week.

What I have heard (unconfirmed) is that whoever orders for the chain ordered 50,000 cases and accidentally added one zero too many. Thus, they're selling it off basically at cost to reclaim warehouse space. Again, this is unconfirmed, but it jibes.

Side note, WTH is the deal with that table of shotgun shells? The one here has the same thing. Gun counter manager said they were out, I picked up a case and asked "Then what's this?" His reply : "Shotgun shells"

Wasn't aware they made shotguns in 7.62x39 guage...:rolleyes:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

What I have heard (unconfirmed) is that whoever orders for the chain ordered 50,000 cases and accidentally added one zero too many. Thus, they're selling it off basically at cost to reclaim warehouse space. Again, this is unconfirmed, but it jibes.

Side note, WTH is the deal with that table of shotgun shells? The one here has the same thing. Gun counter manager said they were out, I picked up a case and asked "Then what's this?" His reply : "Shotgun shells"

Dammit, somebody at academy needs to order too many cases of 9mm....

That's all i'm saying.. :D

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Hey, they have 9x18 Makarov for $8.49 a box at the regular price too!

It's funny watching the old guys in camo jackets race each other to the ammo shelves at opening time. Almost like a geriatric shopping cart demolition derby...:D

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans

Wait, so are you saying that they have cases of the stuff on the shotgun table? Dammit, I didn't even think to look there; I'll have to go back tomorrow and make sure I clean them out. :D

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    It's a sort of makeshift table in the middle of the aisle with the regular ammo, with boxes of shotgun shells on top. Underneath are the larger unopened cases of shotgun shells, which is where the 7.62 500 round cases are.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    150.00 for 10000. Is that a good price?

Called Harahan and they said they have about 5 cases on the table. i will probably stop and get one on the way home.

That is not a good price. That is an amazing price.

Unless you mean 150 for 1000. ;) Then yes, by today's prices, 162 OTD is a good price.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Holy batcrap Robin..!!

When I got to Academy, tere were about 10 500rd cases. I reached down to grab two and had an older gentlemen almost snatch it. I got my two, and he grabbed the rest as some poor old guy walked up to an empty rack.

He was not on this site, but he said word got around quick.

Glad I got my extra 1K. Jesus.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Holy batcrap Robin..!!

When I got to Academy, tere were about 10 500rd cases. I reached down to grab two and had an older gentlemen almost snatch it. I got my two, and he grabbed the rest as some poor old guy walked up to an empty rack.

He was not on this site, but he said word got around quick.

Glad I got my extra 1K. Jesus.

Its been on most gun sites i go too since I first saw it on here :(

J

jayd

I got my two, and he grabbed the rest as some poor old guy walked up to an empty rack.

When I walked up to the cases there was someone in uniform and the old guy who sells ammo at the show there cleaning it out as I walked up :(

At least they left me a few loose 20rd boxes to scavenge on the counter :)

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I went to the Airline store this afternoon around 2:30. They had 1 case (500 rounds) on the counter, and about another 1500 rounds in loose boxes on the counter and shelf. I grabbed the case and another 500 rounds, leaving the rest for my BSC pals.

They do now have the $2.99 price prominently displayed as a "Price Reduction."

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I wish I had some spare money! It would be a good investment. Pay $162 per case, wait a few months until the oversupply runs out and sell for $200 per
    That and mexican real estate would b e my 2 picks for a 6 month investment!

Top Bottom