Kahr pistols?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Does anyone in the northshore area carry Kahr pistols?
    Or do I have to wait til the next gun show?

I remember holding one of the single stack 9mm's and it felt pretty good, I have tomorrow off and would like to go look at some again.

Leethar

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have actually handled a Kahr before. It was a range rental, but I had a rather poor experience with it.

First of all, the slide release felt like it was loose or about to break. Also, whenever the slide was released, it would not go completely into battery (I think that's the term). Slide would not go all the way forward.

Of course, that was only one gun and it was a rental. Just sayin' my experience with one.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Which Kahr pistol would you like to check out? I have the PM9 and I love it. It has become the pistol that is with me more than any other. It isn't a fun range gun, but for what it is made for... IMO it can't be beat.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Looking at Kahrs website, I think it was the pm9.

The one I remember was about the same size as my glock 19 but difference in thickness was pretty considerable.

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I like them.I try to keep a few in stock..Highly recommended ,very small and compact..very nice peice of workmanship,no doubt....

kemo

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    I carry a CW40 and love it. I purchased the CW model since it seemed to be moderately priced and I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on something I may untimely not like. The PM models have a shorter barrel which may help with additional methods of concealablity. If I run across a PM model I'm considering it's purchase . My wife shoots a 380 cal now and she may want to eventually move up to a 9mm and the PM would be nice for her.

Be sure to keep Kemo, 10-8 and all of out sponsors in mind when you purchase.

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    I carry a CW40 and love it. I purchased the CW model since it seemed to be moderately priced and I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on something I may untimely not like. The PM models have a shorter barrel which may help with additional methods of concealablity. If I run across a PM model I'm considering it's purchase . My wife shoots a 380 cal now and she may want to eventually move up to a 9mm and the PM would be nice for her.

Be sure to keep Kemo, 10-8 and all of out sponsors in mind when you purchase.

FYI they are/have come out with a PM 380.

To the original poster the Cw9 can be had for about $500 out the door and is a nice little gun. The owners manual says not to consider it reliable until 250 rounds are shot in it. I bought mine from Larry at La gun and reloading who is now a site sponser.

Last edited:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a PM45 and like it very much. I sold my PPK/S and bought this to get more punch in the same size. It took some time to get the correct shooting grip because of its small size. But once I found the right one, it hits what I want to hit. I had an initial extraction issue but the factory fixed that and it cycles flawlessly now and will shoot Walmart whitebox or Blazer Brass with no complaints. The quality of the pistol seems on par with my Kimber and it's very concealable.

Top Bottom