Kamala Harris goes full DEI with her VP pick

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    GU3gQZMWsAAXawy

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    At least someone understands...Thank you.

It seems most people are comfortable measuring the "economy" based on the cost of groceries or gas which is like trying to quantify your net worth by shaking out your couch cushions. It's a small sliver of the pertinent data set. Most people are too ignorant to understand what the "economy" actually is so they parrot what they're told from sources they're used to. Fact is, they're just running around yelling about how awful the economy is doing without providing much in the way of facts or figures to bolster the opinion. Post-pandemic, we were all told that we were heading for a full blown depression and that it was inevitable. Not only did we manage to avoid a major economic disaster but we've managed to come roaring back faster than any other 1st world country. And I'm not heaping all that on Biden, mind you. No president is solely responsible for economic growth.
    "Most people" measure the economy based on the cost of groceries and gas, because "most people" are living paycheck to paycheck! "Most people" couldn't give a rats ass about economic data provided by the government that urges them to not believe their eyes, ears, pocketbooks, wallets, and bank accounts, because the government (most specifically the democrat run administrations), are liars and con artists! "Most people" don't care about the Dow Jones because "most people" have maxed out their credit cards to the highest debt levels since the beginning of mankind; and, "most people" are not invested directly in the stock market.

As for other people, those that own businesses; try to tell them the economy is rolling along, when business closings (in many areas of the country), are as high as they were in the midst of the 2008 financial downturn. For those people with 401k's and retirement accounts, tell them the economy is doing great as their accounts have lost 25-30% since democrats have taken over. It doesn't matter who the president is, as much as what party they are affiliated with.

How many more examples do you want?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    For those people with 401k's and retirement accounts, tell them the economy is doing great as their accounts have lost 25-30% since democrats have taken over. It doesn't matter who the president is, as much as what party they are affiliated with.
    I gotta say, though, my retirement hasn't really suffered under this admin. It has not gone up as much as it was during Trump (which I suppose is technically a loss) , but I've been happy that it hasn't tanked (except on Monday...). Things could be worse, but, you're right, if you are marginally on the lower side of the economic spectrum these days, you are definitely hurting.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    "Most people" measure the economy based on the cost of groceries and gas, because "most people" are living paycheck to paycheck!

Living paycheck to paycheck is not a sign of the economy. You can make $200k a year and still live that way. Poor financial education and spending can put anyone in that category. If you want to argue living wages are too low to offset higher costs of living then we can absolutely agree there but then we'd go down the rabbit hole of Republicans traditionally cutting lower wage earner's benefits, access to socio-economic welfare programs, corporate tax cuts benefiting high earners, et al. States that typically have below-average earners more likely to struggle to "buy groceries" are those that live in states with traditionally poor public education and low federally mandated minimum wage and high standards to meet welfare assistance. We don't need to travel outside of our great state to see those wonders at work. We see them every day and we bleed Republican red.
    "Most people" couldn't give a rats ass about economic data provided by the government that urges them to not believe their eyes, ears, pocketbooks, wallets, and bank accounts, because the government (most specifically the democrat run administrations), are liars and con artists!

:eyeroll: Is everything a conspiracy?
    "Most people" don't care about the Dow Jones because "most people" have maxed out their credit cards to the highest debt levels since the beginning of mankind; and, "most people" are not invested directly in the stock market.

From an investing perspective, I'd say you're right. Most people don't care about the stock market. Hell, most days I don't even care. What people should care about though, is that a prospering stock market and/or commodities market is a reflection of certain points of data that are important.
    As for other people, those that own businesses; try to tell them the economy is rolling along, when business closings (in many areas of the country), are as high as they were in the midst of the 2008 financial downturn. For those people with 401k's and retirement accounts, tell them the economy is doing great as their accounts have lost 25-30% since democrats have taken over. It doesn't matter who the president is, as much as what party they are affiliated with.

Yea I'm also going to have to disagree with you about the 401k. Both mine and my wife's 401k is invested conservatively and has regained everything the pandemic turn down caused plus some. It was not doing bad during DJT's 4 years or Obama's 4 years before that, mind you, but "lost 25-30%" is hyberbolic.
    How many more "examples" do you want?

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Look at your 401k & subtract how much you put in since 2020 & subtract the inflation during biden then look again. It doesn’t look that good under that light.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I agree with much of what's being posted here about the economy.

Personally, I'm doing great. Groceries? I buy what I want. I don't "go crazy" making groceries, but I stock everything I want, in large quantities, and don't even flinch. I love saving money and watching those numbers grow. I'd save more if groceries and other things were at pre-Biden prices, but I'm still doing very well.

I'll take Trump back. Maybe we'll stop or slow this mass illegal immigration and start deporting.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Living paycheck to paycheck is not a sign of the economy. You can make $200k a year and still live that way. Poor financial education and spending can put anyone in that category. If you want to argue living wages are too low to offset higher costs of living then we can absolutely agree there but then we'd go down the rabbit hole of Republicans traditionally cutting lower wage earner's benefits, access to socio-economic welfare programs, corporate tax cuts benefiting high earners, et al. States that typically have below-average earners more likely to struggle to "buy groceries" are those that live in states with traditionally poor public education and low federally mandated minimum wage and high standards to meet welfare assistance. We don't need to travel outside of our great state to see those wonders at work. We see them every day and we bleed Republican red.

:eyeroll: Is everything a conspiracy?

From an investing perspective, I'd say you're right. Most people don't care about the stock market. Hell, most days I don't even care. What people should care about though, is that a prospering stock market and/or commodities market is a reflection of certain points of data that are important.

Yea I'm also going to have to disagree with you about the 401k. Both mine and my wife's 401k is invested conservatively and has regained everything the pandemic turn down caused plus some. It was not doing bad during DJT's 4 years or Obama's 4 years before that, mind you, but "lost 25-30%" is hyberbolic.
    You haven't been here long enough to know that I hate all politicians. Even the ones I like. But if you truly believe that democrats do more good than harm in the grand scheme, you are delusional IMHO, or in denial, or just have too bad a case of TDS.

And you should check into some of those conspiracy's! You know, the ones like; Obama's gun running scheme (that got an innocent leo killed), Solyndra thievery, Liars Lois Lerner & John Kosiken, Liars John Brennan & James Clapper, (PRISM) & spying on citizens; the phony impeachments of Trump, the FBI under Comey, Strock & Page, then the FBI under Wray, the laptop and the 50 traitors that said it was not real, Biden's influence peddling, the border, the biased tech giants & the openly biased media censoring all things conservative, and on, and on, and on......

And again, before you reply let me dislcose (like I already have in another political thread), that republicans have their skeletons too, but those instances pale in comparison by leaps and bounds to the traitorous deeds perpetrated on this country by democrats. This Republic cannot survive with us retaining true liberty & freedom, under democrats.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I hate all politicians. Even the ones I like.
    Zero disagreement. Politicians are tools (figuratively and metaphorically) and are designed/supposed to do the job to which they are elected to do based on the policies and beliefs upon which they campaign. When I vote for someone, it's like reaching into my toolbox for a hammer or a screwdriver and hoping it's the right tool for the job.

And you should check into some of those conspiracy's! You know, the ones like; Obama's gun running scheme (that got an innocent leo killed), Solyndra thievery, Liars Lois Lerner & John Kosiken, Liars John Brennan & James Clapper, (PRISM) & spying on citizens; the phony impeachments of Trump, the FBI under Comey, Strock & Page, then the FBI under Wray, the laptop and the 50 traitors that said it was not real, Biden's influence peddling, the border, the biased tech giants & the openly biased media censoring all things conservative, and on, and on, and on......

Any credibility you were trying to build was lost here. Peddling conspiracy theories is a joke and some of them you listed have direct evidence refuting them (not that conspiracy theorists believe evidence refuting them) or are so far out in left (right?) field, that no one with 2 brain cells to rub together would believe them unless they were already preconceived to the notion or they fit a preferred narrative. There are just as many left wing conspiracy theories that come from the "other" side and those are just as stupid. I don't even bother citing them as proof of anything because it's lazy and doesn't actually do anything positive.
    And again, before you reply let me dislcose (like I already have in another political thread), that republicans have their skeletons too, but those instances pale in comparison by leaps and bounds to the traitorous deeds perpetrated on this country by democrats. This Republic cannot survive with us retaining true liberty & freedom, under democrats.

That's your opinion and I respect it as well as respectfully disagree right now. If the republican party could have generated an intelligent and productive candidate to run in this election, my vote would have been sealed a long time ago. Instead, they're insistent on parading around Donald Trump and doing his bidding which I do not subscribe to. When the republican party can return to some semblance of normalcy, I'll be right back up on that bandwagon. Til then.....well...you see how well this election is going now.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I get the metaphor, but when I go into my tool box, I know exactly what tool I need to get for the job. Just saying.

As for the quick dismissal of the “conspiracies?” What I cited where “actual” things that democrats did to us. They were labeled “right wing conspiracies” by the corrupt media BEFORE & during when they were exposed as events that actually occurred. You’re welcomed to submit Watergate as one of your supposed “unfounded” conspiracies from the right if you like. I know that happened too.

As for your last folly; republicans didn’t pick Trump. Voters did! I’m sorry that was lost on you. In a democracy, your peers vote too, and choose the candidate. If you think both candidates suck, stay home. Why come on here, or any of these social media sites, to espouse your beliefs when you pretend to be an independent? You’re obviously not.

If you can prove that an America under democrat rule is better for Americans, state your case! I doubt anyone with a semblance of intelligence will embrace it. For now, you sound like the first dos computer I ever had, where the program asked questions that never actually answered the questions. Kind of like a “Magic 8-ball.”

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    I agree with much of what's being posted here about the economy.

Personally, I'm doing great. Groceries? I buy what I want. I don't "go crazy" making groceries, but I stock everything I want, in large quantities, and don't even flinch. I love saving money and watching those numbers grow. I'd save more if groceries and other things were at pre-Biden prices, but I'm still doing very well.

I'll take Trump back. Maybe we'll stop or slow this mass illegal immigration and start deporting.
    ...and exporting OIL!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Barnettmickey
    Top Bottom