Kimber vs Springfield

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird007

Not wrong, just different
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    St.Amant
    9mm, Kimber Ultra CDP II or 9mm Springfield Armory EMP for CCW? ANYONE have experience with these? Both VERY nice and practically identical, but I want an outside opinion.

Dennis

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    laplace,louisiana
    Both guns or like you said or practically identical. For me I have both kimber & springfield pistols and have to say,I love my kimbers most. You get more bang for you buck as far as custom work goes from kimber then you do springfield not to say that the springfield is a piece of junk because it not.Have you looked at the ultra raptor II from kimbers custom shop? Even more bells then the cdp II & cheaper I belive , but only in the 45acp not the 9mm.Check it out and compair the two & also kimbers hold there resale value better then springfields do. Good luck hope I helped .

Jaybird007

Not wrong, just different
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    St.Amant
    I have seen the URaptorII on line and in their brochure but haven't held it. I do like the looks of it over the other 2, but already own a 45 and 40 cal. and thats why I'm looking for something in a 9mm. Thanks for the info

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have carried the Kimber .45 UCDP for about three years. It is a nice looking piece but has several disadvantages.
    Of all the stuff available in our safe, we find ourselves reaching for the GLOCK 26 over and over. It is a wonderful compromise.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Short answer - Springfield

Long answer - I wouldn't buy either one, personally. They are both, in a relative sense, unproven weapons that are low in the horsepower to weight department.

How much smaller is it, really, than a Glock 26 (13 rounds of 9mm) or Glock 36 (7 rounds of .45)? How much heavier is it than a lightweight J frame? Just a little food for thought.

Ummmm, Where do you find this mag?

+2 +1 in chamber???

JMHO but I sta yaway with 1911's with less than 4 inch barrels.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    i dont like how kimber treated denver pd.

i wouldnt carry <4" in 1911 (or any 45)

but i would agree. in 9mm, i wouldnt even bother with 1911.. glock, hk, springfield.... taurus....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom