Knuckle fetish anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Anyone else on here collect brass knuckles and knuckle dusters?

pyvu2ave.jpg

y4avasyt.jpg

ymypy4az.jpg

Last edited:

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I can't say I have seen such a vast collection of paper weights :mamoru: Very cool, how long have you been collecting? Or is it something you just came across and decided to put together?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have a set of brass that i got at a gun show a few years back. Theyre pretty well made. My grand father has an authentic trench knife brass knuckle combo stamped US 1918 with original sheath...pretty neat. Ill try to get some pics of his.

Last edited:

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Thank you. I bought those off of gunbroker and the seller said he got them from his grandfather who claimed to have carried them during WWII. Thats his story true or not but when he sent them he sent them in the sack. I asked but he didnt know anything about the sack other then the knuckles were in them when they were passed on to him. I wanted to keep the sack with the knuckles so I asked the framing shop to display them together. Im a sucker for family history as both of my grandfathers did not really talk about their time in the service.

Well worth the money I say. What's the story behind the one displayed with the sack?

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Paper weights is right considering they dont sling bullets but should considering the cost of some of them! Here and there over several years. It is like everything else, usually I do not have the play money when the really nice ones pop up. I had a cousin who was a cop and gave me my first pair when I was around 12 or so and every since then I have been a fan. Unfortunately I no longer have those. I fingured with all the weapons enthusiast on here I would find someone with more knowledge on the subject. I read that during the civil war the soldiers would make sand molds and melt the lead balls down to make knuckles. I think some of the heavier rough cut lead ones may be examples of these but I do not know for sure.

I can't say I have seen such a vast collection of paper weights :mamoru: Very cool, how long have you been collecting? Or is it something you just came across and decided to put together?

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I didnt take it that way, Im open to all comments. You should see the look on peoples faces when they see them in my office for the first time. Usually the first question is always "have you ever hit anyone with any of these?" I think the standard answer of "no not yet" further baffles them as to why someone would have so many or any at all.

I don't think he meant that to be derogatory. Alot of online knuckle duster sellers call their products "paper weights" for legal/liability reasons.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Very nice sir! I made myself a pair on the plasma table at my old man's shop when he first bought it. I actually just found it the other day cleaning out on of my junk drawers at home.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Thank you. Good find, Something you can tell your kids about

QUOTE=Pas Tout La;1210096]Very nice sir! I made myself a pair on the plasma table at my old man's shop when he first bought it. I actually just found it the other day cleaning out on of my junk drawers at home.[/QUOTE]

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I hope to be able to authinticate this stuff somehow one day. Got them off of gunbroker and according to the seller:

This is a very intresting brass knuckle,its very heavy and its big ! it says LE POILU..... ITS FRENCH & its a warmly informal term for a French World War I infantryman, meaning, literally,the hairy one. someone emailed me and said their is also a knuckle gun version of this knuckle ...google LE POILU KNUCKLE GUN !! VERY INTRESTING !8.00 shipping due to weight !
    transparentcorner_topleft.gif
    Pictures for Item # 331525935
    transparentcorner_topright.gif
    1:
    pix833206339.jpg
    2:

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I remember seeing a brass knuckle/knife/gun combo in a "spy" coffee table book when I was a kid. I ran across one (only on display and demilled) in a knife shop in Barcelona, Spain a few years back. You've got me interested now! Thanks for posting your great collection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom