Kyle Rittenhouse speaking out against BLM at universities.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We had 40mm HEDP(high-explosive-duel-purpode) rounds for the M203 and the belt-fed version(fed from a large ammo can)for our MK-19s. Those are actual weapons of war that we used to kill more Hajis than with those pissy little 5.56 rifles.
    I am not familiar with 44mm.

44mm are just like the 40mm but 4mm more powerful.

They took away our MK-19's before we got in country. Something about potential for civilian casualties blah blah blah.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    2a = anything is fair game, and so is stopping reasonable threats to life.

We all know it, it just makes some people uncomfortable.
    Weapons are inanimate objects, every single one of them, as of now at least (AI will certainly change this). They cannot harm anyone without physically being put to use. If they didn't pose a significant threat to control, they would not be regulated. The goal is never safety, ever, when it comes to the regulation of arms, and many other things.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yeah i always chuckle when folks say civillians cant own this or that. Just look at Acedemia formerly Blackwater. They have a civillian army.
    Many civilians don't know anything about mercenaries..........oh sorry........ private contractors! These "contractors" are not exactly the general public though. The civilians you refer to wouldn't be hired by any of those companies, so no they wouldn't be able to acquire any heavy weapons themselves above the Class 3 level (The M79 and M203 40mm grenade launchers are available as Destructive Devices with the $200 stamp, but every explosive round would also require a $200 stamp.) I don't think the smoke or the paint marking practice rounds are subject to the stamp though

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Amendment does not limit arms to small arms. Cannons existed at that time so there was a basis should they have decided to make that distinction. Privateers regularly had cannons on their ships, showing that private citizens were allowed to own arms that were not "small arms." "Common sense" gun restrictions are straight from the left/antigunner’s playbook.
    I have a canon

I’m talking about by today’s standards. For the common man who doesn’t want to get licensed or pay for special rights and registration, but own what arms are in common use. Again, all the hype about “bazookas” and “rocket launchers” and “fully automatic high capacity armor piercing exploding clipping clip” by the left is to pour their extremist sauce all over the discussion. I just didn’t expect to run into that here.

Last edited:

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Many civilians don't know anything about mercenaries..........oh sorry........ private contractors! These "contractors" are not exactly the general public though. The civilians you refer to wouldn't be hired by any of those companies, so no they wouldn't be able to acquire any heavy weapons themselves above the Class 3 level (The M79 and M203 40mm grenade launchers are available as Destructive Devices with the $200 stamp, but every explosive round would also require a $200 stamp.) I don't think the smoke or the paint marking practice rounds are subject to the stamp though
    You do know that private companies make tanks, jet fighters, and all the other weapons, they own these weapons until they are sold. Yes a civilian can own these weapons if they jump through the hoops

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a canon

I’m talking about by today’s standards. For the common man who doesn’t want to get licensed or pay for special rights and registration, but own what arms are in common use. Again, all the hype about “bazookas” and “rocket launchers” and “fully automatic high capacity armor piercing exploding clipping clip” by the left is to pour their extremist sauce all over the discussion. I just didn’t expect to run into that here.

You can continue to call it leftist but that doesn't make it so. If someone takes a stance that doesn't allow for exceptions, that stance must hold true for extreme examples, however unlikely it is those examples might occur.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You do know that private companies make tanks, jet fighters, and all the other weapons, they own these weapons until they are sold. Yes a civilian can own these weapons if they jump through the hoops
    Are you saying that just because I own shares of Lockheed/Martin and Raytheon that I own military fixed wing aircraft?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Are you saying that just because I own shares of Lockheed/Martin and Raytheon that I own military fixed wing aircraft?
    I dont think that's what they mean. Those are/were public companies started by private citizens and they produce goods that are sold to the militaries, governments, and private individuals.

Mom & pop gun shops, run by private citizens, in the US also get contracts to build/repair for foreign elites/militaries/private security companies as well. They are manufacturing and possessing highly restricted items and exporting them.

It's all about the hoops you're willing to jump through, but ultimately it is private citizens (and publicly traded and private companies) manufacturing and possessing these items until they are released to a government entity.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I dont think that's what they mean. Those are/were public companies started by private citizens and they produce goods that are sold to the militaries, governments, and private individuals.

Mom & pop gun shops, run by private citizens, in the US also get contracts to build/repair for foreign elites/militaries/private security companies as well. They are manufacturing and possessing highly restricted items and exporting them.

It's all about the hoops you're willing to jump through, but ultimately it is private citizens (and publicly traded and private companies) manufacturing and possessing these items until they are released to a government entity.
    Point taken, thanks for the clarification!

Top Bottom