La OCer Arrested for filming cops and Open Carry, Legal Fund set up to help.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    The Open Carrier who was arrested in this case has decided to remove the details of this event until after he has had a chance to consult further with his lawyer.
    Thanks for your assistance and stay tuned for further developments.

Last edited:

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I really and truly feel for this kid. Assuming all the above is true it infuriates me to no end. And its amazing to me how many LEOs do not know the law they so passionetly enforce.

That being said the fact is, while OCing is %100 legal. it does not keep you from being harrassed, thown in jail for days on end and stacking up some serious legal fees.

Unfortunetly I think this is a case 'play stupid games, win stupid prises'.

I respect the OCers for there commitment to supporting and bring light to our laws at the cost of thier grief and money. But for this very story is why I carry concealed.

Best of luck to that young man and I hope this all plays out in his favor.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    So he already had a history with them, and knew they would probably react the way they did, so he taunted them basically.

**** him. He's wanting a big fat payday? Let him suffer to pay the bills till he gets it.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I would be interested in viewing the video. Hard to believe a trooper would go that far out of his way during an investigation because someone is filming them.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I would be interested in viewing the video. Hard to believe a trooper would go that far out of his way during an investigation because someone is filming them.

And risk his career by lying on paperwork. I think Yale may be soliciting money for someone who is a lying.

Oh, and they always come back.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    This isn't the first time the Monroe PD has stopped him for filming and open carrying. In fact, there is a Youtube video which was posted by Redeye at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVulmXQKr4 showing how, after filming the response to a motor vehicle wreck and leaving the OCer was pulled over by police and questioned about filming and Open Carrying.

Please go to the forum if you have any advice or can help in any way. Donate to help with his legal fund. We stand together or we fall apart.

Thanks,

Steve Raacke,
    La Open Carry Awareness League

Sounds like he has been asking for trouble. Why film them in the first place, and don't say because he can? Why if he has nothing to do with the investigation, as if being a LEO isn't hard enough you got to worry that this kid isn't some whack job with a gun and camera about to go off and shoot a cop on camera for his 15 minutes of fame?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    There's more to this story. What's posted makes no sense.

Yale, how long are you going to stick around this time? I'm surprised that you're back after your last little temper tantrum.

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wow.

This is by no means a condemnation of the arrested, because I don't care to read the story, unless someone gives me the tl;dr version.

However... if you're gonna go and **** with the cops, instigated a situation, legal or not, and gonna wear a gun on your side... how about you have a lawyer fund supplied AHEAD of time. It ain't cheap.

Seriously, don't go pokin' sleepin' dogs unless you're prepared to treat a bite wound.

****in' idiot.

Now there's a PayPal set up for people to pay for /his/ stupidity and inability to appropriately prepare? **** him.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Oh, and call me a cynic, but it seems that more often than NOT the arrested is lying or concealing information that leads to a justification of his arrest.

If he wants money for his fund, he can come wash my windows, power-wash the siding, or mow my lawn. I got stuff he can do I'll pay him for.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    IF there is NOT anymore to this story, and the story is 100% accurate, then I wish you the best and hope that the lying leo gets some UNPAID vacation time and new training on the LEGALITY of Open Carry and Filming of police.

I do love how some people say to us Citizens - "Hey, if you have nothing to hide who cares if police search your vehicle or put cameras on every corner or search your house without a warrant"...BUT when the shoe is on the other foot, however, you are an idiot for filming police "who shouldn't have anything to hide" either. Filming police is a GREAT way to protect yourself and your fellow citizens during a police encounter, but it comes with the risk that the police will be ignorant to your Rights and will trample on them and throw you in jail for false charges.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    What people who like to go around filming the police need to get into their heads is the fact that by videotaping the police, they are injecting themselves into a situation where they have no business being.

Besides opening themselves up to potentially being called as a witness in court, (I HATE being in court and avoid it at all costs.. why would someone want to have that headache?), they could potentially be opening themselves up to legal action by the people involved other than the police, they could be endangering themselves by filming someone other than the police who doesn't want to be filmed, and has no qualms about physically assaulting them...

Everyone wants the police to act in a professional manner, and 99% of the time they do. If you decide it's your moral responsibility to be the guy who's gonna shine the light of justice onto the corrupt police officers of the world, you better think long and hard about if it's really worth it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I like the part of the story where the guy is in the parking lot filming but "minding his own business". Lucky for this guy there are people like Yale who fall for scams.

MOTOR 51

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I like the part of the story where the guy is in the parking lot filming but "minding his own business". Lucky for this guy there are people like Yale who fall for scams.

MOTOR 51

was in no way interfering with any police activity, I was minding my own business and was at least several hundred feet away from the officers when one of the troopers spotted me and began to proceed towards me on foot. He started from the opposite side of the hwy, crossed the shoulder and both driving lanes and proceeded all the way across the parking lot to where I was.

is this "i shoot deer at 600 yards with my ak" or does anyone know what several hundred feet is. i do. i have some very nice equipment and "several hundred feet" is not easily film able

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Verm,
    There was no reason to edit my post.
    the information presented was factual. The poster is a LOCAL member and we have contacted his lawyers office and confirmed that this person was indeed arrested and that the offices of Steven Hansen are representing him in this case.
    As for the attacks agaist me and LOCAL, they are uncalled for.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Original Post edited.

Thanks. I wasnt speeding but a cop pulled me over and falsified a report saying i was in fact speeding and issued me a ticket the other day and it's impossible to pay working, being a college student, wife, two sons, mortgage, utilities, and miscellaneous bills each month. Thanks for the handout here's my pay pal info.

LMFAO F off kid.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    At the distance he describes, he could have just set his camera on his car pointed at the action, and stood around inconspicuously filming everything...OR...he could stand around quite obviously filming to draw the attention of those whose attention he has drawn in the past to poor result. By the choice we have been told he made, we can easily infer his mindset and intent: "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! HEY, OVER HERE, LOOK AT ME! PLEASE LOOK AT ME! HEY, LOOK WHAT I'M DOING! LOOK AT ME!"

Right or wrong legally, this just sounds like a douche looking for attention, which is exactly what he got.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    images

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722