La OCer Arrested for filming cops and Open Carry, Legal Fund set up to help.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Verm,
    There was no reason to edit my post.
    the information presented was factual. The poster is a LOCAL member and we have contacted his lawyers office and confirmed that this person was indeed arrested and that the offices of Steven Hansen are representing him in this case.
    As for the attacks agaist me and LOCAL, they are uncalled for.

Due to your last "Melt Down" here, you have no credibility left in my eyes and I do not trust you. You will not be allowed to post links in this forum for paypal "donations" nor links to your website.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    images

LOL it did didn't it?!

:run:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Verm,
    There was no reason to edit my post.
    the information presented was factual. The poster is a LOCAL member and we have contacted his lawyers office and confirmed that this person was indeed arrested and that the offices of Steven Hansen are representing him in this case.
    As for the attacks agaist me and LOCAL, they are uncalled for.
    I don't think you understand "factual"... you know what he's claiming. That's all.

You've also made posts to stories like this then had to go back with a "Oops, looks like he IS a bad guy.." mea culpa.

I also see no reason to believe that any dollar that goes into that PayPal fund will go to what it claims to go to. There's no accountability.

ETA: He didn't attack LOCAL. He brought up /your/ history. He advocated that people check out LOCAL for open carry topics. LOCAL is fine - it's your post history he was bringing up.

Last edited:

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    What law enforcement officers need to realize is they have no expectation of privacy in public. You can audio and video record (in Louisiana) anyone as long as they are in a public place and you are lawful to be there. This includes public servants. You also arent required to carry ID or present it to a Louisiana law enforcment if you arent suspected of a crime. Law enforcement officers have absolutely no basis just to identify anyone they come in contact with. This includes passengers in motor vehicles. An example is making a traffic stop and attempting to gain the ID's of all the passengers located within that vehicle. The passengers can tell you to go pound sand.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    ETA: He didn't attack LOCAL. He brought up /your/ history. He advocated that people check out LOCAL for open carry topics. LOCAL is fine - it's your post history he was bringing up.

Actually I see LOCAL as "fruit from the poison tree" because of its leadership and his behavior here on a public forum. I advocated that people start with opencarry.org not LOCAL.

LocalYokel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    tumblr_lr2vdlIPC21qc2036o1_500.gif

tumblr_lr2vdlIPC21qc2036o2_500.gif

This is a fairly accurate depiction of every open carry video I've ever seen.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Actually I see LOCAL as "fruit from the poison tree" because of its leadership and his behavior here on a public forum. I advocated that people start with opencarry.org not LOCAL.
    Sorry got it mixed up.

Yes, I agree about LOCAL, and often association OCDO and LOCAL but should probably stop doing that.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    So what law was broken that led to his arrest?

Does anyone know? What was/is the charge? :dunno:

No actual law was broken....according to this report anyways. BUT, don't let that stop you from advocating people bow down to all police no matter what. :chuckles:

***they levied charges of trespassing, illegal carry of a firearm, and interference w state police.***

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    lol so that was a State cop, not some country bumpkin pudunk cop that's ignunt of the law like stereotypes lead me to assume?

Yea, I'm starting to assume the kid in the story was not exactly on the up-and-up.

"He's such a nice boy though, he couldn't have done nuffin wrong"

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    What's the arrested subject's real name? There are tons of free online sources available (google) that can be use to vet and verify this story.

JR1572

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    and? How's that in conflict with my post?

SVT, let's wait for more information before you light the fire and go searching for the witches. If the story as told is true, I agree that the police are wrong.

However, I'm sure you remember that a bunch of people got suckered into giving a gun to a guy who's trailer burned down last year. I want to see something else other than this guys account of the story.

JR1572

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    SVT, let's wait for more information before you light the fire and go searching for the witches. If the story as told is true, I agree that the police are wrong.

However, I'm sure you remember that a bunch of people got suckered into giving a gun to a guy who's trailer burned down last year. I want to see something else other than this guys account of the story.

JR1572

well, I have no idea the case you are referring to from last year, but I am really confused by this comment from you - "SVT, let's wait for more information before you light the fire and go searching for the witches." - I don't understand why you are saying that to me.

I agree we should wait.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    SVT is giving the presumed douche the "presumption of innocence" which as far as I can remember is the foundation of our justice system.

I think he's got it right. Regardless of how it looks to ex-LEO or any that side emotionly with LEO. It looks easy to see that some here may have placed that legel tenet on hold.

That's not good for citenzry or LE community.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    well, I have no idea the case you are referring to from last year, but I am really confused by this comment from you - "SVT, let's wait for more information before you light the fire and go searching for the witches." - I don't understand why you are saying that to me.

I agree we should wait.

You know why I said that.

JR1572

Top Bottom