La OCer Arrested for filming cops and Open Carry, Legal Fund set up to help.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    SVT is giving the presumed douche the "presumption of innocence" which as far as I can remember is the foundation of our justice system.

I think he's got it right. Regardless of how it looks to ex-LEO or any that side emotionly with LEO. It looks easy to see that some here may have placed that legel tenet on hold.

That's not good for citenzry or LE community.

You're in the same boat as SVT.

I'm convinced there's more to this story. Lets not rush to judgement. That goes for both sides.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'll ask again:

Can anyone confirm the name of the arrested person so we can search the name on Google and try to find any other account of the facts and circumstances that led to this arrest?

JR1572

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    IF there is NOT anymore to this story, and the story is 100% accurate, then I wish you the best and hope that the lying leo gets some UNPAID vacation time and new training on the LEGALITY of Open Carry and Filming of police.

I do love how some people say to us Citizens - "Hey, if you have nothing to hide who cares if police search your vehicle or put cameras on every corner or search your house without a warrant"...BUT when the shoe is on the other foot, however, you are an idiot for filming police "who shouldn't have anything to hide" either. Filming police is a GREAT way to protect yourself and your fellow citizens during a police encounter, but it comes with the risk that the police will be ignorant to your Rights and will trample on them and throw you in jail for false charges.

images

No actual law was broken....according to this report anyways. BUT, don't let that stop you from advocating people bow down to all police no matter what. :chuckles:

***they levied charges of trespassing, illegal carry of a firearm, and interference w state police.***

and? How's that in conflict with my post?

well, I have no idea the case you are referring to from last year, but I am really confused by this comment from you - "SVT, let's wait for more information before you light the fire and go searching for the witches." - I don't understand why you are saying that to me.

I agree we should wait.

You know why I said that.

JR1572

Please review all of my posts in this thread, and then please explain your comment -"SVT, let's wait for more information before you light the fire and go searching for the witches." - b/c I still don't understand.

Are you confused that a person can be objective, and comment differently about cases that are Independent from one another?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I'm convinced there's more to this story. Lets not rush to judgement. That goes for both sides.

JR1572

I'm not in anyone's boat. But, it doesn't matter what the guy did to get arrested; he is innocent until proven guilty, or do you just want to forget that small detail of American life?!? :dunno:

Speaking of waiting; don't worry. The day of "on the spot" exacting of justice is right around the corner somewhere.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Please review all of my posts in this thread, and then please explain your comment -"SVT, let's wait for more information before you light the fire and go searching for the witches." - b/c I still don't understand.

Are you confused that a person can be objective, and comment differently about cases that are Independent from one another?

Some people dissent just to be the one dissenting.

JR1572

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

JR1572

"Let's not rush to judgement"..."I'm convinced there's more to the story".

How can one be "convinced" of one thing, and still be withholding judgement? You've already judged that there's more to the case without any evidence. Shouldn't you instead say: "Let's not rush to judgement b/c there could be more to the case than this."

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    "Let's not rush to judgement"..."I'm convinced there's more to the story".

How can one be "convinced" of one thing, and still be withholding judgement? You've already judged that there's more to the case without any evidence. Shouldn't you instead say: "Let's not rush to judgement b/c there could be more to the case than this."

How many times have stories like this have been posted and low and behold it was discovered that the original story that ignited a firestorm were BS?

Do you remember the guy who got on here and claimed to be arrested for OC'ing in the Esplanade Mall in Kenner and come to find out that story wasn't exactly true? I'm sure you conveniently forgot about that?

I'm just saying there's always another side to every story. You know that.

JR1572

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    How many times have stories like this have been posted and low and behold it was discovered that the original story that ignited a firestorm were BS?

Do you remember the guy who got on here and claimed to be arrested for OC'ing in the Esplanade Mall in Kenner and come to find out that story wasn't exactly true? I'm sure you conveniently forgot about that?

I'm just saying there's always another side to every story. You know that.

JR1572

I do not remember anything about a Kenner mall incident.

AND FOR THE 2ND TIME I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THERE COULD BE ANOTHER SIDE TO THIS STORY!!!!!

But that still does not explain your comment.

have a good one

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I do not remember anything about a Kenner mall incident.

AND FOR THE 2ND TIME I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THERE COULD BE ANOTHER SIDE TO THIS STORY!!!!!

But that still does not explain your comment.

have a good one

You are the first person to raise hell about the police. You do it all the time.

I'm not saying the police are right all of the time, they do screw up, but not as often as you and other people think they do.

JR1572

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    You are the first person to raise hell about the police. You do it all the time.

I'm not saying the police are right all of the time, they do screw up, but not as often as you and other people think they do.

JR1572

OH, I get it now. So instead of judging by my ACTUAL comments on THIS case, you decided to wear your SVT-Bias glasses....gotcha, well done.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Yale, why was the guy filmin the troopers? Can you shed some light in that part of the story? Give in his history was he making a statement as an activist? I'm just confused by his intent.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Minding his own business? That seems to be more like the opposite of that.

When you are filming someone, LEO or not, you are being nosy which is exactly the opposite of "minding my own business". Some people just can't help themselves. Nosy people really **** me off. Get a ****ing life.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom