LA Sportsman - new site

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I tried to log in to the "new" LA Sportsman site. Doesn't have my account anymore. It looks like they want you to pay for a subscription to the magazine or something now to get member access to the classifieds. Anyone else have any insight on this? Looks like it's getting worse over there...

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    I tried to log in to the "new" LA Sportsman site. Doesn't have my account anymore. It looks like they want you to pay for a subscription to the magazine or something now to get member access to the classifieds. Anyone else have any insight on this? Looks like it's getting worse over there...
    You will need to reset your password for the new format. Log in and it will show "forgot password?". Click on that, reset your password and you should be good to go.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I got an email asking me to change my password due to the updated site.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You will need to reset your password for the new format. Log in and it will show "forgot password?". Click on that, reset your password and you should be good to go.
    It tells me that my login ID and e-mail are wrong when I try to reset. I know that they are correct... Annoying

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    OK, I got back in. The classified membership is different from the "subscriber" membership. It looks even more worthless than it was becoming before. You can't even click on a user account to see if they have been around a long time, which was a pretty good way to sniff out the scammers. And you have to pay to post ads, after the free 1st one? Nope nope nope...

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yeah I don’t like it either. My subscription is ending shortly and doubt I’ll be renewing after many many years. I browse the classifieds daily and not being able to check the seller is enough for me to not renew. Like you said you can figure out the scammers easily when you clicked on the name.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    LOL, so I updated and got logged back in.
    Some interesting changes.
    1. You can't repost your original ad (with the edit button), it just keeps running for weeks at the end of the stack so no one sees it.
    2. You have to subscribe with a membership that costs more than its worth unless its a business
    3. The scammers are STILL on there posting fake gun ads, literally two fake gun ads within 45 min of this.
    4. The report scam button now doesnt work at all. Before it was like the elevator door close button before and just for show now it tries to open javascript which is just an about page.

Brilliant. If they sat down and said "how can we make the site even worse so no one wants to use it ? How can we do it ?"
    They did.
    I truly want to meet whoever runs this website.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    LOL, so I updated and got logged back in.
    Some interesting changes.
    1. You can't repost your original ad (with the edit button), it just keeps running for weeks at the end of the stack so no one sees it.
    2. You have to subscribe with a membership that costs more than its worth unless its a business
    3. The scammers are STILL on there posting fake gun ads, literally two fake gun ads within 45 min of this.
    4. The report scam button now doesnt work at all. Before it was like the elevator door close button before and just for show now it tries to open javascript which is just an about page.

Brilliant. If they sat down and said "how can we make the site even worse so no one wants to use it ? How can we do it ?"
    They did.
    I truly want to meet whoever runs this website.
    But, do they still have ads for heavy construction equipment for sale like a front end loader for 1000 dollars?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    What really concerns me is the scammers must be successful a decent percentage of the time. I mean, if they weren't, they would find something else to do.

Who said it?

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid!

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    What really concerns me is the scammers must be successful a decent percentage of the time. I mean, if they weren't, they would find something else to do.

Who said it?

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid!
    I chat with them here and there when I get bored. I really don't understand how anyone can fall for their bs.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    LOL, SO, My old account is not even able to be recovered..
    In my poking around. It looks like the website is hosted in a united healthcare stack..
    If you poke around, you can get to UHC and pull down every account and their terms they have with companies.. in a Json format..

I did not go further, As I dont care..
    I have tried for years to help them with their ****, and no response , ever.. this one, may get them into trouble..

Top Bottom