Lafayette duputies drive car in pond.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I bet they were doing donuts.:bowrofl:
    Patrol car in pond leads to dismissal

Two Lafayette Parish sheriff's deputies have been dismissed after an internal affairs investigation into the sinking of a patrol car last month in a pond near one of their homes.

Lt. Craig Stansbury, the department's public affairs officer, said the incident occurred Oct. 23.

The officers were fired Friday for violating department policies concerning conduct and use of equipment.

He declined to identify the officers involved except to say they were a two-year and a three-year veteran respectively of the force. The officers had been placed on desk duty after the incident while the case was under investigation.

Stansbury said the officers had attended a private party at the southwest Lafayette Parish home of one of the deputies the day of the incident.

Several hours later, the two were apparently taking turns driving a patrol unit through the open fields around the house.

During the joy ride, one of the deputies lost control of the vehicle, which then ended up submerged in the pond.

Stansbury said a watch commander with the sheriff's office was notified of the incident about 2 a.m. the next morning and the vehicle, which received water damage, had to be towed from the pond.

He said the accident involved only one department vehicle and no one was injured.
    http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20101107/NEWS01/11070334/Patrol-car-in-pond-leads-to-dismissal
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/acadiana/106790369.html

:)

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Wait! I am tired of you giys always jumping to call the LEO out for doing something wrong. You have no idea what it is like. Unless you have been there keep your mouth shut. None of you.........

Never mind, these dudes are dumbasses. ;)

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I am so proud of our guys,... but still can't help wondering if one of them was wearing hot pants. :rofl:

attachment.php

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Another cop-bashing thread...I'm late to the party...better late than never...these boys are getting the crap bashed out of them for what...a little joyride and some wet upholstery...WTF...drove a squad car into a pond drunk on their asses...no problem...have you ever driven a car into a pond??? Were you there??? How do you know what really happened???

Unless you have specific knowledge of driving police cars into ponds, you should stick with what you know and don't bash these two morons....

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Another cop-bashing thread...I'm late to the party...better late than never...these boys are getting the crap bashed out of them for what...a little joyride and some wet upholstery...WTF...drove a squad car into a pond drunk on their asses...no problem...have you ever driven a car into a pond??? Were you there??? How do you know what really happened???

Unless you have specific knowledge of driving police cars into ponds, you should stick with what you know and don't bash these two morons....

I have specific knowledge that you are a paranoid *******.

:mamoru:

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    Seriously. I mean no offense to the very dedicated and underpaid members of LE.

I work in a an industrial setting and very often similar incidents happen with employees and company equipment.

When I was a kid, we had something called a "Pasture Truck".

It got stuck, wet, onfire, upside down, and rolled over a few times.

SO yes, I do know about acting like a fool in a vechicle.

NO it didn't get printed in the new paper and I did not loose my job over it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom