LDWF License Now On LA Wallet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Blah blah blah.

I would absolutely watch a video or read patent articles that would substantiate your claim, but you didn't provide them. You've just constantly backtracked. Whatever.

I asked you a very specific question that you have yet to even attempt to answer. A question that was a direct follow-up to an outlandish claim that you made. Clearly you were talking out of your ass and didn't expect someone to call you out and ask for you to have facts behind your claim. But that's okay. Most people nowadays have strong opinions formed by weak or non-existant facts because they never learned logic, or rather how to spot logical fallacies. The internet and now TikTok have just made it worse as people spew their ******** in an echo chamber (see above posts) without anyone ever stepping back and questioning the claim.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Yup. Just as I properly assumed.

The only one “talking out of their ass” is YOU!

Pull your head out, clean your face and pay attention!

Or be like the masses in a few months.

Either way, you’re not my responsibility.

And if you’d TRUlLY read patents and watch videos why haven’t you????????!

Yeah, got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    So more like just a regular lunatic?

Yeah just a regular one. Watch how normal I look:

ALEC BALDWIN MADE AMMO EXPENSIVE BECAUSE CHINA IMPLANTED MICROCHIPS IN BALD EAGLES SO HILARY CAN READ MY BANK PASSWORD HA HA BITCH MONEY'S IN MY UNVACCINATED MATTRESS THAT I LOST IN A BOATING ACCIDENT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T DRAIN THE SWAMP SO I ONLY TRUST MY RELOADS ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?

Right? I mean come on, standard Friday afternoon on the 'Shooter.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Yeah just a regular one. Watch how normal I look:

ALEC BALDWIN MADE AMMO EXPENSIVE BECAUSE CHINA IMPLANTED MICROCHIPS IN BALD EAGLES SO HILARY CAN READ MY BANK PASSWORD HA HA BITCH MONEY'S IN MY UNVACCINATED MATTRESS THAT I LOST IN A BOATING ACCIDENT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T DRAIN THE SWAMP SO I ONLY TRUST MY RELOADS ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?

Right? I mean come on, standard Friday afternoon on the 'Shooter.

:rofl:

I would go back and read the post about MRIs and chips and stuff but damn that is just crazy talk who would want to put information out over wires and through the air that other people might see or read...........? oh wait didn't I just do that? damn that patent....

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    *comes to discussion board
    *preaches
    *gets called out on ******** and asked to actually discuss something
    *trolls and preaches more
    *gets called out again
    *ignores and points fingers

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I could have done as you and provided links but the people who are all slack jawed today are not going to bother reading for comprehension and digging a bit further. It just not in them. Give them a 25 minute video and it’s “too long”. Provide a .pdf of the patents and “I cannot understand that jibberish and just because it’s a patent doesn’t mean...”

My mantra is let the dead bury the dead. And THEY have free will chosen to know all manner of details of sports, Hollywood, Guns, etc., but they know darn near zero about things that TRULY matter. They are NOT going to change - well... MANY won’t. If they are sarcastic in their response I assume they are the ones that will not awaken; they are “woke”.

In summary, let the muppets do their muppet stuff. Or... “muppets gotta muppet.”

PS

Your response was well written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you 100% -plenty of fantasy football and water cooler talk. Most of them will get by just fine with that shallow BS until living gets real and requires some depth. Then those slack jaws will clench.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I agree with you 100% -plenty of fantasy football and water cooler talk. Most of them will get by just fine with that shallow BS until living gets real and requires some depth. Then those slack jaws will clench.
    Wut?

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Digital age is great.
    But do you really want to hand over your phone for a stranger to peruse through?
    I'll stick to the real thing while it is still available.

Sorry I do not see an upside to the LA wallet.

I share your concerns, but looked into it anyway. My biggest issue came after reading the LA statute. Although the LA Wallet website says, "100% Legal for driving purposes", the actual Louisiana statute says that it's only a valid form of identification for traffic stops and checkpoints. It goes on to say that if you're require to identify yourself by law enforcement for any other reason and cannot produce a valid driver's license, you may face consequences and penalties.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I share your concerns, but looked into it anyway. My biggest issue came after reading the LA statute. Although the LA Wallet website says, "100% Legal for driving purposes", the actual Louisiana statute says that it's only a valid form of identification for traffic stops and checkpoints. It goes on to say that if you're require to identify yourself by law enforcement for any other reason and cannot produce a valid driver's license, you may face consequences and penalties.
    This is going only going to be a problem for people who are being a problem. If you're not a problem, it really should be fine. I can't see many cops giving people a hard time over it unless they already did something stupid.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    This is going only going to be a problem for people who are being a problem. If you're not a problem, it really should be fine. I can't see many cops giving people a hard time over it unless they already did something stupid.

Don't you go and ruin it with common sense and logic .

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish

Ugh, more gibberish from the peanut gallery. When exceptions to the rule of law become
    more prominent than the law itself, then the exceptions become the law. Thanks, Pal because of guys like you we get more "woke" by the mintue. You should be a website moderator or something. Better yet, you'd be perfect as a supreme court justice -take Ginsburg's spot.

Please pass the arsenic...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ugh, more gibberish from the peanut gallery. When exceptions to the rule of law become
    more prominent than the law itself, then the exceptions become the law. Thanks, Pal because of guys like you we get more "woke" by the mintue. You should be a website moderator or something. Better yet, you'd be perfect as a supreme court justice -take Ginsburg's spot.

Please pass the arsenic...
    What exception to the law do you expect to become more promenent?

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    What exception to the law do you expect to become more promenent?

You stated in your post that the Louisiana law statute posted by JayKay "is only going to be a problem for people who are being a problem. If you're not a problem, it really should be fine."

Stated most simply, if you're a douche the law applies, if you're not a douche the law won't apply.

The next poster agreed with you -said your take on the statute was "common sense and logic".

To conclude that law is discretionary based on attitude (being a problem) is what's watering down every aspect of our once great nation. Immigration -come on over if you have a baby in your arms. Healthcare -no we're not prescribing you Ivermectin because we don't believe in it. Democracy -dead or alive, your vote will be counted. Protests -it's ok for you to hold hostage a few city blocks and burn businesses. Commerce -you can steal day and night from the San Fran Walgreens, we'll just close that location. Housing -it's ok if you don't pay your rent, the CDC says so. If the laws that are on our proverbial books are not strictly adhered to then the exceptions to them (hot blonde chick in booty shorts or rich boy slips the cop a few C notes to look the other way, not acting like a douchebag) then they'll only be as strong as the last excpetion(s). We're choking on laws already, so many laws that "We the people" have not even the faintest idea of how many laws do exist. And we beg and plead with "them" to make more. And they do ad naseum, ad infintum. Now will you pass the arsenic? I'm parched.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

You stated in your post that the Louisiana law statute posted by JayKay "is only going to be a problem for people who are being a problem. If you're not a problem, it really should be fine."

Stated most simply, if you're a douche the law applies, if you're not a douche the law won't apply.

The next poster agreed with you -said your take on the statute was "common sense and logic".

To conclude that law is discretionary based on attitude (being a problem) is what's watering down every aspect of our once great nation. Immigration -come on over if you have a baby in your arms. Healthcare -no we're not prescribing you Ivermectin because we don't believe in it. Democracy -dead or alive, your vote will be counted. Protests -it's ok for you to hold hostage a few city blocks and burn businesses. Commerce -you can steal day and night from the San Fran Walgreens, we'll just close that location. Housing -it's ok if you don't pay your rent, the CDC says so. If the laws that are on our proverbial books are not strictly adhered to then the exceptions to them (hot blonde chick in booty shorts or rich boy slips the cop a few C notes to look the other way, not acting like a douchebag) then they'll only be as strong as the last excpetion(s). We're choking on laws already, so many laws that "We the people" have not even the faintest idea of how many laws do exist. And we beg and plead with "them" to make more. And they do ad naseum, ad infintum. Now will you pass the arsenic? I'm parched.

I think it's a better idea to go read the law:
    https://legiscan.com/LA/text/HB481/id/1420649

I'll summarize. Your digital license is acceptable for driving in Louisiana. It may not be acceptable for other government situations where you need to identify yourself. An example of this is if you go to court for something and they request identification. Private businesses who wish to identify you may or may not use the digital license at their discretion.

My previous post was rather narrow in scope and likely somewhat factually incorrect related to identification. I'm not aware of any Louisiana law that requires individuals to carry a physical ID on their person all the time. You are required to have an ID on you to drive (and a digital one suffices as an option, now). You also are required to identify yourself to a LEO if they legally command you to do so. Identifying yourself can be done verbally by providing name, DOB, SSN, etc. I don't think that a cop can arrest you for simply not having a plastic ID card or passport on your person. Now, they can arrest you for failure to identify, which might fall under the obstruction statute, but I don't remember exactly.

Having a digital ID is a great backup and redundancy. I wouldn't rely on it solely for driving as sometimes phones just don't work. But, any LEO in LA are going to accept it for formal traffic stops. It shouldn't cause a problem.

As for your last paragraph, I'm not sure how any of this is related to discussing a digital ID.

Top Bottom