Leaded .22LR barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • graymo2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    New Orleans/ Baton Rouge
    22 rimfire brushes are smaller in O.D. than 22 centerfire brushes. Stay away from stainless steel brushes. Hoppes sells a lead remover cloth that works great. You should be able to find it at Wal-Mart or gun shops.

This stuff works great. Just about all I shoot is cast lead bullets in my handguns and its what I use when I get leading. 1 pack will last you forever.
    Just trim a small piece off and pass it through your bore like a patch.
    Cost is about $4.00. The price in the link below is high.

http://www.productwizard.com/hoppes-pl1215.html

Art

I think I may have the wrong .22 adapter then. I have a good bit out, but I'm so damn tired of cleaning. I'll try Academy or Dick's tomorrow. I may also try the H2O2 and vinegar too.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Gray. What I was talking about is some companies such as Pro Shot make two types of brushes. The bristles on the centerfire brush are bigger (.224) than the bristles on the rimfire (.222?, I'm just using these numbers to get my point across).

Art

graymo2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    New Orleans/ Baton Rouge
    Gray. What I was talking about is some companies such as Pro Shot make two types of brushes. The bristles on the centerfire brush are bigger (.224) than the bristles on the rimfire (.222?, I'm just using these numbers to get my point across).

Art

Thanks for the info, but both of the brushes fit. The adapter to fit it on the cleaning rod was too big. I ended up using a .17 brush that fit directly onto the end of the rod. There is still a bit left in there, but I should get that off later today.

Also, thanks to everyone for some good information. I'll let yall know how I do later today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom