LEO'S Explain this to me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I have a life that I love, so I could care less of people opinions.

And I see that they dont teach Humor 101 at that school of yours. Tell you what, when you get a little "real" life experience under your belt and not college-classroom-hanging-out-with-friends-at-coffee-shops-book-reading-on-a-Friday-night "experience", then maybe you'll get a sense of humor......and maybe hate cops a little less. :mamoru:

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    This is true libertarianism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_a_New_Liberty
    There has never really been a true conservative in power I can think of. Goldwater was more libertarian, and Regan would now be considered a neo-conservative. Most conservatives tend to be neo-conservatives in todays world.

I would have thought you were smarter than to use wiki as a reference.

Explains a lot.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Aw, **** you know what that means. **** is about to hit the fan. To the trenches!

Anyways, police officers need to be pay more. They put up with a lot of ****. If police officers would go back to the roots in which they were created, which was protecting peoples rights and property, then I would really consider being one. However, government bureaucrats got involved and started screwing things up from there as usual.
    Police should be a totally independent branch. The leaders are elected, and laws are voted on by the people.

Do your research little whippersnapper...they were created to be agents of the government. Yo enforce laws. That is what they were CREATED FOR.

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    girl

there are many juveniles that are very violent.the m other has probably had many encouters with the girl.you do realize many children are in detention because they will not submite to any control.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Do your research little whippersnapper...they were created to be agents of the government. Yo enforce laws. That is what they were CREATED FOR.

The whole purpose of government to begin with is to protect property rights and individual right. "And to secure these rights governments are instituted among men." However, government has swollen into an ungodly size, a long with everything that is included in government. That means police officers no longer just "protect and serve".
    I am talking about detaching the police officers from the political process and giving the people a direct vote on what laws they want enforced and who they want enforcing them.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The whole purpose of government to begin with is to protect property rights and individual right. "And to secure these rights governments are instituted among men." However, government has swollen into an ungodly size, a long with everything that is included in government. That means police officers no longer just "protect and serve".

I am talking about detaching the police officers from the political process and giving the people a direct vote on what laws they want enforced and who they want enforcing them.
    ?????

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Your on the right track, but like most, you fail to seperate the laws from the law makers, from the law enforcer. LEO does not make the laws.

i agree that people should make the laws. That said, no law will satisfy all the peole, The majority will think speeding is wrong, but there will be those who disobey the law simply because the do not agree with it.

The majority may think sex with minors is wrong, but there will be those who will disobey it because they do not agree with it. It will be no different, sans a few ridiculous laws we have now, if "the people" created the laws.

No matter what the laws are or who initiates them, there wqill be those who do not conform to societal norms. That is what the "serve and protect is" to serve and protect the majority, the law abiders, from the law breakers.

Speeding is a law.
    Litter is a law
    Murder is a law.
    Concealed carry is a law.

I agree we have too many restrictions on our freedom via laws, but that has nothing to do with the evil cop. you cannot change the system by killing it's agents. you must change the system.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    The officer walked into a no-win situation, it was a sensitvie issue with no good way of handling it. Any action would be physical and be easily viewed as excessive force. His action, while judged as excessive, was probably no more than a open hand slap to the back of a wet leg. Got her attention didn't it? Other methods may have proved more harmful.

Its always easy to judge from a keyboard when you don't have to walk into strange surroundings and make a decision faster than Jerry Miculek can empty his 627.

CAT, You go girl!!
    SEABEEVET, I salute you!!
    GUMBO, I see your point with social workers but you might be painting with a very broad brush, they're out there in large numbers but you have to give at least 10% margin for good ones like SEABEEVETS little lady.

All LEO and their families get my highest esteem! BAR-NONE
    The bad apples tend to weed themselves out.

I learned the hard way to not let my elders have to say anything more than once, sometimes the fear of the tanning is enough incentive to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Be safe, shoot fast,

Chicago John.

Top Bottom