LEO'S Explain this to me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    OK, hypothetically speaking.

If one of my kids is beating me up while I am on my death bed, I would tase them.

But since I did discipline them as children I know that will never happen.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I believe I read somewhere that it was a drive stun, and not a full deployment. To those who have no clue what that means:

A drive stun is where you make contact with or without the use of probes. It appears that in this case, the probes weren't deployed, and it was used for pain compliance rather than the incapacitating effect of the probes. Basically, he used it to make her stop and comply.

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    I wouldn't say that. I think, correct me if I am wrong, but a taser can deliver a shock but not be deployed from the gun. This is what the officer in question did. He just touched to child with the gun, he did not deploy the taser.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Thats what I read. And yes, except we don't just stick it anywhere. We use them on pressure points to get a desired result. Like when you get knee'd for a deadleg? We will drive stun you there and achieve the same result.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    OR......you could get a social worker like my wife, who is skinny, tall, and sexy as hell, has three kids (two by me and one that we adopted together), and is a diehard Libertarian conservative Christian.

I agree. My 3 year old son goes to a private Christian school. I know his teacher well and would trust her judgement. My daughter is in high school and has 7 different teachers (too many of them are bleeding heart liberals). I dont know any of them well enough to trust their judgement.
    :confused: Kinda an oxymoron.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I feel you, and it is a shame we cannot trust openly trust teacherws anymore, just like, I hate to admit it, we cannot openly trust all cops. It is not because of teachers or cops, it is because of society. There is no respect for anything.

When I was growing up, I got paddled on a daily basis at school, and if my parents found out about it, I got it again. Part of that was me just being a kid, and some mild acting out because my parents were going through a divorce.

That said, I woulf know enough about my kids teachers and parents that i could trust them to discipline my child. My wife is a teacher, and it is obvious the parents who take an interst and active role in their kids through their behavior and grades.

You know why we cant trust them? It all boils down to pay. If those jobs were more competitive, then we could have a lot better people occupying them.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Speaking of getting hit in the nads. I came VERY close to being fired today at work. Me and a guy I work with were clowning around because we didn't have any work to do. So we were just talkin and all of a sudden he tries to kick me in the nuts with steel toe boots. I saw it comming so I backed up and his boot hit my "head" I cocked back to hit him and another guy I work with caught my arm. It was instict, but it that guy wouldnt have caught my arm I was aming straight for his nose. The guy that caught my arm told the other guy if he touches someone else hes fired. I would have liked to hit him, but I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't want to loose my job over something like that orpossible have charges brought against me.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You know why we cant trust them? It all boils down to pay. If those jobs were more competitive, then we could have a lot better people occupying them.

Wow. I agree with you twice in one day. Lol.

If the imortant jobs like Leo, teacher, social worker, sid like basketball and football, then we would have that caiber of skill level.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    No, not really. She is extremly conservative in her personal/family life. Always has been. But politically, she follows a Libertarian route.
    Well, conservatives tend to attempt to make people act "moral". They are usually against gay rights, and such. They are usually for victimless crime laws, and against some parts of the right to self ownership. Conservatives are for taxes, while libertarians consider it theft on a grand scale. Conservatives usually follow the Chicago school of economics, and the Libertarians are founded in the Austrian school. Conservatives view government as a necessary good, and libertarians view it as intrinsically evil.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wow. I agree with you twice in one day. Lol.

If the imortant jobs like Leo, teacher, social worker, sid like basketball and football, then we would have that caiber of skill level.

Aw, **** you know what that means. **** is about to hit the fan. To the trenches!

Anyways, police officers need to be pay more. They put up with a lot of ****. If police officers would go back to the roots in which they were created, which was protecting peoples rights and property, then I would really consider being one. However, government bureaucrats got involved and started screwing things up from there as usual.
    Police should be a totally independent branch. The leaders are elected, and laws are voted on by the people.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Well, conservatives tend to attempt to make people act "moral". They are usually against gay rights, and such. They are usually for victimless crime laws, and against some parts of the right to self ownership. Conservatives are for taxes, while libertarians consider it theft on a grand scale. Conservatives usually follow the Chicago school of economics, and the Libertarians are founded in the Austrian school. Conservatives view government as a necessary good, and libertarians view it as intrinsically evil.
    Where the hell did you get that twisted definition of conservatives ?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Where the hell did you get that twisted definition of conservatives ?

His college professors. You know, "the ones that cant do, teach". The ones that love to put people in neat little packages. Ex hippies that did a lot of drugs in the 60's and 70's and now feel they can teach the younger generation. :rofl:

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    His college professors. You know, "the ones that cant do, teach". The ones that love to put people in neat little packages. Ex hippies that did a lot of drugs in the 60's and 70's and now feel they can teach the younger generation. :rofl:

Yeah, I don't read political theory for fun or anything. I don't get involved every week and do street activism. I don't just bitch on message board every week and not to do anything to attempt to change it. Instead if going out on Fridays I stay home and read books on economics and politics.
    Yep, I have learned everything from college. :rolleyes:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Yeah, I don't read political theory for fun or anything. I don't get involved every week and do street activism. I don't just bitch on message board every week and not to do anything to attempt to change it. Instead if going out on Fridays I stay home and read books on economics and politics.
    Yep, I have learned everything from college. :rolleyes:

Wow, you have no life. Congrats! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom