LEO'S Explain this to me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Right, so criticizing an LEO means I am anti-LEO? That makes sense.

Nick all you gotta do is post up some pro LEO post and most people on here might change their minds about you anti LEO post.

Did you read the news report I posted that said the mom gave the LEO permission to use the taser. And how the hell do you know how big this 10 yo girl was. You don't know anything about the situation, you weren't there but yet you have to make the anti LEO post.

C'mon son, everyone can read you like a book.

Last edited:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I've met some pretty badass 10 year olds. You could shoot a damn mortar at them and they would still come at you.

Shitty situation either way, but I support the cop. Sometimes you just need some extra help, and that's where a taser comes in.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I support the LEOs in this situation. If a 10 year old kid is THAT bad and kicks the LEO in the nads. Damnright I would tase her. I would also tase the parent for being to stupid to know how to control their kid!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    A ten year old girl is going to be charged with disorderly conduct for throwing a hissy-fit? Seriously? I mean, SERIOUSLY?!? Is that what it has come down to? You can't spank your child, but they can be tased and charged in juvenile court?

Ding, ding, ding. That's the problem! I don't spank my children very often, because they don't need it but I think a little corporal punishment isn't necessarily a bad thing.

He tased the girl. That must be okay.

He could have spun her around on his lap and smacked her ass hard enough she couldn't sit down for a week... and that would have landed him jail.

Something is very wrong with that IMO.

For the record, I wouldn't have had issue if she was wrenched to the ground and handcuffed. Tasers scare me a little because they can be fatal. It's rare, but it's a possibility. I'd rather wrestling handcuffs on her, or spraying her.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I just realized there might not be any clarity to my opinion....

If we spank our children like we were able to thirty years ago, we might not be where we are today. That 10 year old evidently has gotten her way, way too often to get that bad. The mother also could have wrapped her hand around a length of hair. I promise they don't move.... ask me how I know. (my mother's hand, a very hormonal teenaged Cat)

The officer felt he was acting in the best course of action. Personally if I had a choice, I'd be leary of a taser. Doesn't mean I'd say the guy is a jerk for using one.

There is something wrong IMO that a cop can't spank the girl like she should have been, because that would have been considered abusive. But the system allows him to tase her. But that's not the cop's fault. It's just our screwy definition of socially acceptable punishment.

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    I dont think the cop should have spanked her, I think the cop shouldn't have been called in the first place.

I think that rather than charging the little girl with disorderly conduct, the courts should be deciding if that woman should really be keeping the child.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I don't mean the cop should have spanked her. I meant.... it's gotten to the point spanking is considered abusive.

I suppose I should have said if it came out that the mother spanked her child, she could have been in trouble. But it gets to the point that the little girl is tased, and that's somehow socially acceptable.

I'm not saying being tased was wrong. Heck, if she kicked just right the poor fellow could have lost a testicle. That's pretty serious! I think it's wrong we've come to the point where one action could land you in jail, and another wouldn't.

Does that make sense? I'm hell at boggling my opinion sometimes.

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    I got the point, was just saying that the mother never should have called the cops because her child was throwing a fit.

Not being a LEO, I can't say for sure how I would have handled the situation. I would like to think that I would have found a better solution. The girl didn't just run at the LEO and ninja kick him. If a child is on the ground of their parent's kitchen throwing a fit, IMO it isn't a LEO's place, responsibility, or job to lay a hand on that child unless they are an actual threat to themselves or anyone else (ie banging her head into the ground or trying to stab someone). If someone is laying on the ground throwing a fit, and you try to manhandle them, you should expect to get a physical response because you innitiated physical contact.

If the officer walked through the door and the girl came running at him all wild eyed and screaming like a banshee, tase away. If not, he should have gone about things in a different manner.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Clearly the disparity in physical stature between any qualified LEO and a ten year old female appears too wide to justify the use of a taser control device in this case as the girl was unarmed. Unless the cop felt extremely vulnerable and unable to defend himiself after being kicked in the oysters, in which case, ZAP the disrespectin' little bitch.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I got the point, was just saying that the mother never should have called the cops because her child was throwing a fit.

Not being a LEO, I can't say for sure how I would have handled the situation. I would like to think that I would have found a better solution. The girl didn't just run at the LEO and ninja kick him. If a child is on the ground of their parent's kitchen throwing a fit, IMO it isn't a LEO's place, responsibility, or job to lay a hand on that child unless they are an actual threat to themselves or anyone else (ie banging her head into the ground or trying to stab someone). If someone is laying on the ground throwing a fit, and you try to manhandle them, you should expect to get a physical response because you innitiated physical contact.

If the officer walked through the door and the girl came running at him all wild eyed and screaming like a banshee, tase away. If not, he should have gone about things in a different manner.

Ooooooh, yeah. I see where you're coming from now. What kind of parent loses control of a ten year old so much she needs to call 911...

Not sure what the full scope of details were. When she kicked him in the groin, obviously some sort of action needed to be taken. I'm not going to fault the officer with that but you have a valid point. Why did Mom let it escalate that far to begin with.

As I said earlier, I know for a fact once a mother has a good strong grip twisted up in in her daughter's ponytail.... there's not a whole lot of fight left. :rofl: My mother had her limits. I only had to meet them once to find out what they were.

The question here is if a ten year old is old enough to recognize the consequences for failure to listen to an LEO's directives. I think so. I expect my 11 year old to know that.

Last edited:

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    I am shocked at the response everyone has to this. If a ten year old girl kicked me in the nuts, should I have a right to taser her or use OC on her? Noooooo. She is a TEN YEAR OLD GIRL.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yeah, however....

I've accidentally whacked my husband in the nuts. I don't know if he has extraordinarily more-than-most sensitive testicles or they're just that doggone sensitive but he ended up on the floor in a slow motion oozing moaning lump. And it wasn't that hard. It was more of a playful toe tap.

If she full out and out HIT them with force.... Haven't guys ended up with ruptured testicles in the ER for that sort of thing?

Seems kind of serious to me and I don't even have a pair.

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    Having taken 3 paintballs to the boys from 5 feet away (flying 300 feet per second), I can't imagine tasering a ten year old, even if they kicked me in the nuts. But I still say it wasn't that man's place to lay a hand on that girl at all. If the mother thought her daughter was so wacked that she needed assistance handling her, she should have called an ambulance and told them to bring sedatives.

Last edited:

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Yeah, however....

I've accidentally whacked my husband in the nuts. I don't know if he has extraordinarily more-than-most sensitive testicles or they're just that doggone sensitive but he ended up on the floor in a slow motion oozing moaning lump. And it wasn't that hard. It was more of a playful toe tap.

If she full out and out HIT them with force.... Haven't guys ended up with ruptured testicles in the ER for that sort of thing?

Seems kind of serious to me and I don't even have a pair.

I've been hit in the nads already and IDK why but a little tap hurts WAYYY more than a harder shot. I was just tapped in my nads one time and it hurt so much it makes your stomach hurt.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Ok... I heard on two different reports that the girl was "Stunned" not tazed. I'm pretty sure there's a difference between the two... but I haven't had any experience.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    An out of control 10 year girl can bite, scratch the hell out of, gouge, or injure the officer. I would say the 5 second ride was appropriate. Maybe she will learn some manners. Tough love is a B*tch.

Top Bottom