LEO'S Explain this to me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Not as cool as the other tough guy

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVsxOrp7sAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVsxOrp7sAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I dont think the cop should have spanked her, I think the cop shouldn't have been called in the first place.

I think that rather than charging the little girl with disorderly conduct, the courts should be deciding if that woman should really be keeping the child.

Now that sounds like a logical and more realistic idea, I'm sorry but if I was a leo and I had to waste time on calls like this, I would be pissed at someone and it wouldn't be the 10 year old. Guess what she's 10 and if her parents are not capable of raising her then maybe someone else should.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't understand why there was an LEO involved to begin with. How is an unruly, disobedient 10 year old a police problem? It's not like she was shooting from her front porch or setting fire to the neighbors' houses.

I think the cop should have said, "ma'am, your problem is not a police issue. Have a nice night."

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    Ok... I heard on two different reports that the girl was "Stunned" not tazed. I'm pretty sure there's a difference between the two... but I haven't had any experience.

"Tased" generally referrs to the taser being used in the projectile mode where 2 barbed prongs are fired and the electrical current arcs between them on impact.

"Stunned" refers to using the Taser in a contact mode called "Drive Stunning", where only 2 electrodes contact the target. (An area of approx. 1 sq inch)

Drive stun affects only a small area, whereas Tasing affects the entire area between the prongs.

I think the cop should have said, "ma'am, your problem is not a police issue. Have a nice night."

Unfortunately, one of the juvenile status offenses is called "Unruly and uncontrollable", and we have to act on those complaints.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Y'all need to call that guy something other than "Nick", he's making me look bad lol

the little twit kicked him in the nuts, he may have certainly over reacted a little by using a tazer, but it has no long term effect and it achieved his goal and probably got him a little personal satisfaction in the process... cops are people too, getting kicked in the nuts hurts!

as for parenting issues, well, the only reason why I want nothing to do with kids of my own is because I don't want to raise them right only to be either corrupted by little tyrants of someone else or getting killed by someone else's little tyrant throwing a fit b/c they didn't get their way.

Pretty sad when you have a person with no criminal history, college degree, actually manages their finances, etc. that doesn't want to contribute to the gene pool b/c it's so clouded with turds floating around.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Maybe she knew Karate?:rofl:
    She kicked him in the cods??? The little ****'s luck she didn't get a .40 cal to the face...
    (Okay, not really. Maybe.)

At the very least, it sounds like she's missed a few ass whippins from her "parents"....

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Gunut I don't think it is a law specifically but... Well, let's say I spanked my son before dropping him off at daycare. In this scenario he was kicking me while attempting to dress I openhandedly pop him on a thigh. My fingers leave a red stinging appearance. Smack your wife on the butt.... Same handprints.

Daycare teacher changes his clothes because as soon as he arrives, he spills koolaid on his pants. She sees that mark, by now barely noticiable. They are required to report it to CPS.

From there, it could go either way.

And no. I did not have that happen to me. The daycare owner used that example.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Coporal punishment is legal in La. This gives me the right to disipline my kids. Also gives the school the right to do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal_punishment

Wiki is definitely the best place to get your legal advice from. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wile the means were foolish, the end is right.

The legal justification statute, 14:19 I believe allows for a justification exemption to battery by...

"reasonable discipline of a minor by their parents, tutor, or teacher."

The problem comes in when who is making the decision of "reasonable". I my opinion, as long as I do not break bones, cause unconsciousness or death, it is reasonable for me to do to my child within reason.

There is no concrete definition. One person's slap on the butt for cursing is another person's child abuse and you should get the death penalty la-"There is never a reson to put your hands on a child" WRONG.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Sorry, it is LA.RS 14:18

18. Justification; general provisions

The fact that an offender's conduct is justifiable, although otherwise criminal, shall constitute a defense to prosecution for any crime based on that conduct. This defense of justification can be claimed under the following circumstances:

(1) When the offender's conduct is an apparently authorized and reasonable fulfillment of any duties of public office; or

(2) When the offender's conduct is a reasonable accomplishment of an arrest which is lawful under the Code of Criminal Procedure; or

(3) When for any reason the offender's conduct is authorized by law; or

(4) When the offender's conduct is reasonable discipline of minors by their parents, tutors or teachers; or

(5) When the crime consists of a failure to perform an affirmative duty and the failure to perform is caused by physical impossibility; or

(6) When any crime, except murder, is committed through the compulsion of threats by another of death or great bodily harm, and the offender reasonably believes the person making the threats is present and would immediately carry out the threats if the crime were not committed; or

(7) When the offender's conduct is in defense of persons or of property under any of the circumstances described in Articles 19 through 22.

These definitions apply to all laws. this is what allows p[olice officers to use force, parents to dicipline, and the use of force in self-defense.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I look at it this way. A teacher better never lay a hand on my child (for punishment). I dont trust their judgement when it comes to my kid. BUT........I encourage them to call me and I will personally drive over to the school and take care of it myself. If my kid is disrespectful, I dont tollerate that. My 3 year old son says "Sir" and "Ma'am". My 15 year old daughter does the same. If my kids ever kicked a cop in the nuts, I would taze them myself.

Top Bottom