Les Miles...MORON or THE MAN???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    There's plenty of blame to go around. LSU fought hard, but in the end the players just didn't execute when needed. I saw missed tackles, passes that hit the receiver's hands or chest but not caught, field goals missed, etc. Can't blame that on Les.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I'm not a LSU fan. Each week, it's hard for me to decide if I even want them to win a game or not, but:

LSU has never had a coach that has done better than Les Miles.
    LSU has never had a coach that consistently wins more games than Miles.
    Les Miles has the best overall percentage of wins since 1908 (and those coaches didn't coach near as many games).
    Les Miles has coached LSU to 82 wins out of 102 games.

LSU has never had it so good.

Les Miles is a moron? Pot meet kettle.

LSU has never had so much talent on the field than under Les Miles, either. (IOW-- the coach is not the only reason a team wins, but can be the only reason they lose any given game.)

He's the worst coach in the SEC, and then some.

There's a time to gamble and a time to play it close to the vest. Early in the game, with the lead still very much in reach, coming off a momentum-killing penalty and subsequently stalled drive, and giving up an almost guaranteed 3 points on a long-shot trick play (that AL is VISIBLY defending against no less) is not one of those times-- as any half-tard could tell you (but not a full-tard, quite obviously).

That image of him with a finger in his ear right after that blundered attempt was absolutely perfect.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    There's plenty of blame to go around. LSU fought hard, but in the end the players just didn't execute when needed. I saw missed tackles, passes that hit the receiver's hands or chest but not caught, field goals missed, etc. Can't blame that on Les.

LSU should have been up by 9 by the time that last Field Goal was missed-- taking so much pressure off the kicker that it might very well have been made instead, albeit needlessly.

The fact that they weren't was 100% head coaching error.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Moron. If he had taken 3 on those 4th down tries, we would have won. I know Alleman missed a kick or two, but the ones where he went for it on 4th were closer than the kicks he missed.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just don't understand that fool. WHY gamble when you don't have to....You NEVER gamble unless you're way behind and have no choice, and that was NOT the case. I think he's a moron...and if you listen to him speak for 10 minutes or more, he removes ALL DOUBT!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    LSU has never had so much talent on the field than under Les Miles, either. (IOW-- the coach is not the only reason a team wins, but can be the only reason they lose any given game.)

What are you blind? The only competition Miles has is Nick Saban. Miles is one of three coaches to get a National Championship to LSU. The guy has a higher overall win percentage than Saban did at LSU. Talent? Sure, but Les is part of the reason they come to LSU. Additionally, they manage to do well with crap QBs.

Les' Record?
    2005 LSU 11–2 7–1 1st (West) W Chick-fil-A 6 5
    2006 LSU 11–2 6–2 2nd (West) W Sugar† 3 3
    2007 LSU 12–2 6–2 1st (West) W BCS NCG† 1 1
    2008 LSU 8–5 3–5 3rd (West) W Chick-fil-A
    2009 LSU 9–4 5–3 2nd (West) L Capital One 17 17
    2010 LSU 11–2 6–2 T–2nd (West) W Cotton 8 8
    2011 LSU 13–1 8–0 1st (West) L BCS NCG† 2 2
    2012 LSU 7–2 3–2 T-2nd (West)
    LSU: 82–20 44–17

Worst coach in the SEC? :rotfl: He's almost the best coach in the SEC every year.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

You're 20 years off, bro. :rofl:

curley_hallman_t180.jpg

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    You're 20 years off, bro. :rofl:

curley_hallman_t180.jpg

:bowrofl:

I meant currently.

Yeah, obviously his win-loss numbers are strong-- during the regular season. If that was 100% the result of his coaching, it'd be one thing. Do you think Saban would have fewer wins if he'd stuck around?

What's he got in those 8 years... 3 Division, 2 SEC and 1 National Championship?

Ironically, Saban did the same for LSU-- in only 5 years, and starting out with a team in 2000 that was... shall we say... "not very good".

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    What are you blind? The only competition Miles has is Nick Saban. Miles is one of three coaches to get a National Championship to LSU. The guy has a higher overall win percentage than Saban did at LSU. Talent? Sure, but Les is part of the reason they come to LSU. Additionally, they manage to do well with crap QBs.

Les' Record?
    2005 LSU 11–2 7–1 1st (West) W Chick-fil-A 6 5
    2006 LSU 11–2 6–2 2nd (West) W Sugar† 3 3
    2007 LSU 12–2 6–2 1st (West) W BCS NCG† 1 1
    2008 LSU 8–5 3–5 3rd (West) W Chick-fil-A
    2009 LSU 9–4 5–3 2nd (West) L Capital One 17 17
    2010 LSU 11–2 6–2 T–2nd (West) W Cotton 8 8
    2011 LSU 13–1 8–0 1st (West) L BCS NCG† 2 2
    2012 LSU 7–2 3–2 T-2nd (West)
    LSU: 82–20 44–17

Worst coach in the SEC? :rotfl: He's almost the best coach in the SEC every year.
    Ummm.... Notice that he does well when he's playing Nick Saban's Recruiting Classes?!? -Just say'n! LSU started to drop off of the summit once Saban's coat tails left the front door for the NFL Draft.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    :bowrofl:

I meant currently.

I know.:dogkeke:

Yeah, obviously his win-loss numbers are strong-- during the regular season. If that was 100% the result of his coaching, it'd be one thing. Do you think Saban would have fewer wins if he'd stuck around?

One can only speculate. Odds are, no. Miles' & Saban's seasons & success at LSU have practically mirrored one-another, and both men have taken the blame- including Saban at Bama- for losses due to playing "safe" with a lead late in the game.

What's he got in those 8 years... 3 Division, 2 SEC and 1 National Championship?

Ironically, Saban did the same for LSU-- in only 5 years, and starting out with a team in 2000 that was... shall we say... "not very good".

Like I said, both coaches' careers at LSU have had very similar results- from the two bowl losses, to the way Saban lost his last game at LSU in VERY similar fashion to the way Miles lost this one vs Bama.

I give Saban total credit for getting LSU back to where they wanted to be. I also give Miles a lot of credit for keeping them in that same neighborhood. LSU Football is in good hands- and will be a great program for a very long time.....

I will also add that Saban did NOT arrive at Alabama & find the cluster F he did when he arrived here. Believe it or not- Shula didn't have that program in the same kind of mess we did here circa 1999.:o

Here's a shocking prediction: Next year, LSU & Alabama will once again be in contention with one another for a national title- and the winner will probably win it.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I will never understand how you die-hard LSU fans can complain after the decades of worthlessness that settled in after Arnsparger left?

Some of you young whippersnappers might want to dredge up some of those old game films from the lean times! It might make you appreciate winning a tad bit more.

Did you forget that a ranked (albeit rarely), LSU football team lost to Miami (Ohio), on national TV once?

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I will never understand how you die-hard LSU fans can complain after the decades of worthlessness that settled in after Arnsparger left?

Some of you young whippersnappers might want to dredge up some of those old game films from the lean times! It might make you appreciate winning a tad bit more.

Did you forget that a ranked (albeit rarely), LSU football team lost to Miami (Ohio), on national TV once?

Tell me about it. :confused:

In those days, LSU Football was at a level of awful that few today can comprehend- and those who can, try to forget. :bowrofl:

And remember how embarrassingly "fitting" it was for the LSU band to be in the stands cheerfully playing "The Curley Shuffle" while the team was out there on the field getting the $hit kicked out of them on a regular basis?:o

I doubt I'll ever forget the elderly Bama fan who laughed and told me 'damn, man- y'all are bad enough as it is- y'all really need theme music for it...?' :redfinger:

Yeah- we really got it bad now. :bowrofl: :bowrofl::bowrofl:

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Ummm.... Notice that he does well when he's playing Nick Saban's Recruiting Classes?!? -Just say'n! LSU started to drop off of the summit once Saban's coat tails left the front door for the NFL Draft.

It's been a few years since Saban's Recruiting Classes graduated. This argument no longer holds water.

I say this: Fire him. LSU is an elite school that would be attractive to many-o coaches from the NFL looking for a more permanent "gig."

Yeah, fire the guy who regularly has LSU in the top 10, has won one of three NCs for LSU, regularly has one of the best recruiting classes in the country, has won more games than any other LSU coach... interesting tid-bit:

For coaches who have spent at least five seasons at an SEC member, Florida's Urban Meyer in the winningest coach in league history. In his five seasons with the Gators, Meyer has a 57-10 record, an .851 winning percentage. In second place is former Alabama coach Gene Stallings, who had a winning percentage of .810 with the Crimson Tide.

After third-place Frank Thomas, fourth-place Paul "Bear" Bryant and fifth-place Robert Neyland comes current LSU coach Les Miles (.773 winning percentage), Alabama coach Nick Saban (.771 at LSU and Alabama) and Georgia coach Mark Richt (.769).

http://blog.al.com/keepingscore/2010/07/who_are_the_winningest_coaches.html

Somehow, that's just not "Elite" enough! :rofl:

Hiring a NFL Coach? NFL and NCAA football are completely different games. Some coaches that do well in one doesn't mean it translates into doing well in the other league. The dynamics of the players are different.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hiring a NFL Coach? NFL and NCAA football are completely different games. Some coaches that do well in one doesn't mean it translates into doing well in the other league. The dynamics of the players are different.

Fo shizzle, my nizzle! Some may not like NFL football over college, but if you can't appreciate the difference....wow!

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I am on several forums for other interests that have national members.

It is funny that when we discuss college football they have commented on the "fair weather" attitude of LSU fans.

And I have to agree.

LSU fans are the most fickle, hypocritical, and childish of all college football fans.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am on several forums for other interests that have national members.

It is funny that when we discuss college football they have commented on the "fair weather" attitude of LSU fans.

And I have to agree.

LSU fans are the most fickle, hypocritical, and childish of all college football fans.

Yup!

And the worst thing of all is the tons of people wearing all this LSU gear and knowing nothing about LSU or football. :rolleyes:

BTW: We suck, but Go Saints! :p

Talk about lean times! :ohreally:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Yup!

And the worst thing of all is the tons of people wearing all this LSU gear and knowing nothing about LSU or football. :rolleyes:

BTW: We suck, but Go Saints! :p

Talk about lean times! :ohreally:

My team is 7-2 overall and #3 in their conference.

So I got no worries at this point.

Top Bottom