Let's grow the site....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lacajun

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2024
    North La.
    I try to keep these people seperate than facebook people. yesterday i saw in a group someone got jacked during a gun deal with counterfeit money. I wont deal with new members on here as it is.
    I guess it depends on who your FB friends are. I wasn't suggesting sharing the link to all of FB. Just FB friends that have the same interest most of the people on here do. Lots more good gun/shooting enthusiast in Louisiana then 700 - 800 people. I'm new to this site but I've been on snipershide.com and longrangehunting.com for years. Got crooks on all of them.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I deleted my fb years ago. I did, however, make a burner account last year, strictly for marketplace purposes.
    10984441307644e9e4e22c6bc3d91de3.jpg

lacajun

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2024
    North La.
    Certainly don't want libtards on here but it would be better to have more Louisiana folks join the site to buy/sell/trade guns with. I have been trying to sell a couple rifles that I know would go quick on GunBroker or one of the larger message boards but trying to avoid the whole shipping thing vs face to face transactions. Got a guy right now, on another site wanting to trade me a super clean Mod 12 winchester 16 gauge for 1 of my rifles but he's in South Dakota.

lacajun

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2024
    North La.
    Should start screening for entrance tho... was behind an assumed bs member today in walker. Was challenging to say the least. They were in a bone stock jeep with a few stickers on it one of which was a bayoushooter sticker. The other was a built not bought... (assumed here. Has zero indicarion if there was anything done but it was stock height, stock wheels, zero indication of anything. They then proceeded to stop at the pendarvis red light half in each lane. Then when the light turned they were on their phone and didnt have a clue it turned. If this is you and you see it, i was the guy in the diesel truck behind you that was pissed off.... feel free to pm me if you need help removing those stickers. I can also make you a sticker that says honk when light is green because i have no idea
    Ok I see now.....I got a little of that old timers sometimes.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    People still use Facebook?
    Many do... I had to make a new Facebook account when my son started various activities. The only way to know what was scheduled, changed or canceled was to keep up with their Facebook page and groups. Then when we started homeschooling it was an important tool...atleast for where we live.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I learned of BS from M4 carbine dot net. A member there DMd me and told me to try it. I think that would be a good source of new members. M4carbine seems to be a dying site but there are others.

KRB

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Franklinton, LA
    I was confused ... Sight doesn't mean the same thing as Site ...
    there is a big difference ...
    But it doesn't matter ... I don't do Face Book .
    Gary
    I hate correcting people on spelling and grammar, but it drives me nuts and sometimes I can't help myself. thanks for beating me to it.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    we could plan some organized shoots... impromptu training sessions, either live or virtual... swap meet? Dinners after the gun show? Maybe do some things that encourage others to join us?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    we could plan some organized shoots... impromptu training sessions, either live or virtual... swap meet? Dinners after the gun show? Maybe do some things that encourage others to join us?
    This sounds like something I could get behind...

lacajun

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2024
    North La.
    I copied and pasted the link on FB and shared it with all my friends...none of which are libtards most of which hunt and are interested in guns/shooting. I think putting flyers with a pic of the homepage @ gun shows in our areas is a great ideal too.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    I guess it depends on who your FB friends are. I wasn't suggesting sharing the link to all of FB. Just FB friends that have the same interest most of the people on here do. Lots more good gun/shooting enthusiast in Louisiana then 700 - 800 people. I'm new to this site but I've been on snipershide.com and longrangehunting.com for years. Got crooks on all of them.
    Ive been on this "sight" a long time. All of my friends that are into guns have been on here as well. A large number of my Facebook friends i met from this site.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    The only thing this place has going for it is proximity.

And it isn’t utilized like it used to be(gun show meetups, lunch hangs, member range sessions etc)

Something like A monthly ruck around the LSU lakes followed by dinner and beers would go a long way to enhancing the community.

Wish we had an American pioneer corps chapter.

Would be neat to learn some Cajun swamp ****.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    The only thing this place has going for it is proximity.

And it isn’t utilized like it used to be(gun show meetups, lunch hangs, member range sessions etc)

Something like A monthly ruck around the LSU lakes followed by dinner and beers would go a long way to enhancing the community.

Wish we had an American pioneer corps chapter.

Would be neat to learn some Cajun swamp ****.
    Maybe BS isnt owned by locals? Could be 3 letter agency owned? But i agree with the community activities idea.

Top Bottom