Lifestraw

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jvr

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    new orleans
    life straw may work if you have fresh water from the source streams bubbling up. not such a good idea for ponds and puddles unless you only need emergency water for a day or two and then can get medical treatment and fresh water. you need to see what micron level they filter. you have a better chance of dying from dehydration due to diarrhea than bad guys (relative to where you live). check out saywer products. they make a .02 kit that filters out all the 99.9999 of the bad viruses; bacteria; protozoa/cysts. not as cheap as the straws; but worth every penny if you really need them.

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    +100 on the Sawyer filters. The mini is $20 and can be used as a straw amongst other uses. I have the larger Squeeze model and two of the mini's and they all perform great.

I looked at the lifestraw when I shopped around but I'm finding the sawyers hard to beat.

So long as you backflush em with clean water occasionaly they'll last a long time IMHO.

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    Sawyer filters might not be as fast but they work great. We had a group of 6 people and it only took about 5 mins for us to get everyone a liter of water with 2 filters. If you have multiple bags you can have someone filling bags while the others are squeezing. They are a great light solution and they are what I use when backpacking.

They also come with a straw so if you want to use it like a life straw you can.

I will even give you the Amazon Link

Last edited:
    Top Bottom