Lifetime ccw

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andimthejr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    westbank
    I didn't shop around fingerprints at JPSO were 50 bucks I took like three different passport pictures and picked the one I liked best lol and I'm counting the rounds I shot and the notary fees maybe 40 bucks if I remember right so boom there's 130 without the rounds

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    i like the idea of the lifetime ccw b/c it's lessens the chance of gov't interference with our right to carry...shouldn't even have to jump through the current hoops anyways.

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I'm all for family involvement, but it would have been a better photo op if he taught his kids to keep their booger hooks off of the bang switches. It's never too early to teach proper handling, even if only BB guns.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    my renewal class was $55, the permit was $125, no prints but they are only $10 at LSP HQ, notary was free because the instructor has a deal with him and pic is like $10 at Walgreens.

andimthejr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    westbank
    my renewal class was $55, the permit was $125, no prints but they are only $10 at LSP HQ, notary was free because the instructor has a deal with him and pic is like $10 at Walgreens.
    Cool I plan on having this thing for ev er, if a lifetime does happen I can't see not spending the 500 plus all the other stuff, just not having to wait for it every 5 years is worth 500 to me and next time I'm deff doing finger prints and dropping it off at lsp I spent way to much this time then I mailed it priority with signature required and delivery confirmation I shoulda just spent the money on gas and drive up to br but now that I know for next time at least

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Cool I plan on having this thing for ev er, if a lifetime does happen I can't see not spending the 500 plus all the other stuff, just not having to wait for it every 5 years is worth 500 to me and next time I'm deff doing finger prints and dropping it off at lsp I spent way to much this time then I mailed it priority with signature required and delivery confirmation I shoulda just spent the money on gas and drive up to br but now that I know for next time at least

I've only done prints one time and that was about 17 years ago. Don't let your CHP expire

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I like the idea... Just like lifetime hunting licenses, it's one less thing to worry about. I do like the idea of adding some type of refresher course periodically, we can never learn too much.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Tom has a point. I'd hate to loose reciprocity...

On the plus side that's money that could go for ammo, more varied courses, etc.

What I'd like to see is different special topics courses that count for ccw. Have a 30 minute what's new section then get credit for a tactical class, etc. The same material gets old after a while.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Mine expires in 8 months. Anyone know what the current wait times are? Dont want any "uncovered" time.

Mine expired in March. On the website it said you must send in your renewal packet 60 days prior to expiring. I went on hearsay and waited till a month prior. I had to he without for 3 weeks. So, abide by the FAQ and send it in 2 months prior. Don't forget all the stupid time limits on pictures and whatnot. Thank God this one is for 5 years.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Mine expires in 8 months. Anyone know what the current wait times are? Dont want any "uncovered" time.

4 months, they have 27 tubs of mail at LSP right now and there is a new person in charge, Sergeant Michelle King. Also there has been an increase of new applications of about 40% ever since the "weapons ban".

Be prepared to wait

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    $500 is a ton of money. I don't understand why the lifetime permit should cost more. Only time I ever have to deal with the permit folks is when I apply for the permit. After that I never deal with them again.

Good reminder though since mine is about to expire. I need to go grab my parish permit so I can skip the renewal class.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    A lifetime CCL probably would erase a lot of states which now honor the LA permit.

Does anyone know how this currently works between Louisiana and states such as AK, AZ, MT, and VT, where a permit is not required? The LSP map lists them all as reciprocal states- yet none of these states require a permit.

Personally, I agree with DZ, FWIW. This is but one step away from a law abiding citizen being able to do what he should be able to do, anyway, IMHO. It's the next best thing; I believe the states I mentioned above actually have the right idea.

Top Bottom