Live From Louis! Day 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I don't remember any negative comments about TT. The fact that his holster was collapsing and the Sparks were working fine is enough I think.

If any of you guys are still questioning the benefit of professional training, I am literally sending in my deposit tomorrow for his carbine class in October. And it is a 13 hour drive. I like Louis, he seems to like me, I see no reason to blow money elsewhere.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    can anybody remember what negative comments louis had to say about TT gunleather?

I don't remember any negative comments about TT. The fact that his holster was collapsing and the Sparks were working fine is enough I think.

If any of you guys are still questioning the benefit of professional training, I am literally sending in my deposit tomorrow for his carbine class in October. And it is a 13 hour drive. I like Louis, he seems to like me, I see no reason to blow money elsewhere.

No. The point was that those of us with extra meat around the loins (fat hanging over the belt, "muffin top," love handles, whatever) really are getting screwed up by having sweat guards that are not reinforced. It goes double for non-reinforced mouths but if the mouth is reinforced but your love handles are pushing the sweat flap over the mouth it makes it harder to get to.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That was a ****ing blast guys. Good meeting all of you. :cool:

For anyone wondering, the class was GREAT. Was it worth $500? I would pay $1000 in a heartbeat. I can honestly personally say, if I ever have the misfortune of having to defend myself with a firearm, that $500 probably will save my life. If nothing else, it increased my odds greatly.

Awerbuck is one of the last true gritty trainers out there. He's been there. He's done that. He's seen it all. He doesn't teach things hypothetically or ideally. If he tells you to do or not do something, it's because he's seen it work or seen it fail with disastrous results.

Anyone who couldn't make the class, I highly recommend spending the $30 and buy his book Tactical Reality. You can basically learn everything we did, albeit in words as opposed to hands on.

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    East Texas
    It was in the range bag. It, and my Sparks 55BN, are not suitable for drawing my "alternate weapon" from its hiding place. The carry holster I have- for a G19- that is (TT IWB) was being used by another student whom I loaned my extra G19 to. He came with a 1911, had problems (imagine that). I loaned him the pistol, holster , mag pouch, magazines, and my spare 9mm ammunition. He paid for that with a .45 ammo exchange.

The Fobus was all I had left. And truth be told, it is a surprisingly efficient holster.

I saw an opening and couldn't resist. FWIW, I use the Fobus with my own 17 from time to time, when I don't want to mess up a nicer holster or thread one onto the belt.

What 1911 had problems, and how so? The 5" guns seem to run OK unscrewed with, assuming the extractor has good tension (and with MIM internals, that's usually not the case). A 4 1/4" Commander is about as short as I'd trust; any shorter is asking for problems.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I saw an opening and couldn't resist. FWIW, I use the Fobus with my own 17 from time to time, when I don't want to mess up a nicer holster or thread one onto the belt.

What 1911 had problems, and how so? The 5" guns seem to run OK unscrewed with, assuming the extractor has good tension (and with MIM internals, that's usually not the case). A 4 1/4" Commander is about as short as I'd trust; any shorter is asking for problems.
    Nothing was "wrong" with the gun that I remember, he just couldn't shoot it that well because of the pissy factory sights.

that and his big complaint was that he wanted "more bullets."

imagine that.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Geez fellas. I have been trying to recover from the mental exhaustion. I have a crawfish boil today and star trek movie tonight so I probably won't post more pictures until tomorrow late afternoon.

Paul when you post your video post the whole thing. I let the camera roll long because I think his comments are the best part.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I want to take one too! I need to learn how to throw a hatchet while backflipping and shoot while dangling from a bungee cord.

You don't need a Hatchet if you have a LaRue mount ! They can chop down trees by themselves. :rofl::rofl:

Sure would have liked to have made this though. thanks for the updates

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Please explain, how is not knowing how to operate a firearm the firearms fault?
    missing the safety! malf #1 press checking to far malf #2 not hitting very well #3( i guess its the sh!tty trigger those 1911's have) :rofl: all problems with the student, not the pistol

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Please explain, how is not knowing how to operate a firearm the firearms fault?
    missing the safety! malf #1 press checking to far malf #2 not hitting very well #3( i guess its the sh!tty trigger those 1911's have) :rofl: all problems with the student, not the pistol

Did you get your shirt from Spanky?

Top Bottom