Long burning light needed for going underground

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Photos of the diamonds?

Caves are usually dissolved limestone pockets. I'm no geology expert but that doesn't seem like the right place for diamond discovery. I'd think high granite or iron areas.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Photos of the diamonds?

Caves are usually dissolved limestone pockets. I'm no geology expert but that doesn't seem like the right place for diamond discovery. I'd think high granite or iron areas.

No, not in a quartz and granite areas near fault lines. Also, where we found them is within an area consisting of the remnants of a volcanic crater.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Bringing it back to life,

First let me suggest some Holy Water for your journey
    Chem Lights, you don't need no fancy reflector device thingy, just watch how you open the wrapper and split long ways and it will shield the light from your eyes if held right. Of course RED is for emergencies so remember that and bring a few. Use 550 cord to tie them/wear around your neck etc.. in the event you fall down a cliff the chem light is by you and not down another cliff where rescuers will look.

Had a squad leader who jumped into Panama with the 75th who said that a gunner broke his leg on landing and the medic ran up assessed him and dropped a chem light by him so he could find a way back to him; but he put the chem light about 5 feet away so the gunner had to crawl to the light and lay on top of it so the glow would not attract enemy fire.

Remember when encountering things like a bear, big foot, large four legged treasure protecting ass raping woolly mammoth eating trivia asking monsters to make yourself appear bigger than you are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-uzm1QQkao&feature=related

Sorry guys this is a must read thread though

Well, there are Indian legends of an "Indian Bigfoot" that resides in the area. Cougar, yes, we got within about 150 yards of it. It saw us first and let out a "scream" that nearly caused me to have another heart attack. Still trying to figure out how to get in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom