Long burning light needed for going underground

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Dont be silly ... Surely you guys have heard of the Underground Pilgrims???

And what about the Cave Conquistadors???

You guys are silly....Of course its true...

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    On a brief short trip in we quickly found out that LED lights aren't anywhere near sufficient. Want to be properly prepared for next trip. Thanks

LaCamper..thanks...we are going to use light sticks to mark our exit route as we go. If it gets too risky we are coming out and re-group.Will have at least one good LED light for back up. None of us have ever gone underground before so we will be extra cautious and deliberate, especially since booby traps have been placed to protect. We have a very dangerous 4 legged predator to watch for but also we have to be very cautious of the 2 legged kind. The area is quite remote and rugged if you catch my drift.

which one is it. never done it, or have done it before?

btw, id suggest a little history for all of the BS members on here....
    lewis and clark were the original combat engineers, as UDT were the precursors of US navy seals.

clark used to blow some **** up. they blowed up their supply mules a few times.... matter of fact, clarks booby trap killed lewis....

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    dammit! you pulled the LORCIN card! i concede! I CONCEDE!

please stop the insanity! i walked into my closet this morning and forgot my 3 light MINIMUM.... my trusty wife had set a booby trap and i took a full force closet light string to the head! oooohhhhhhhhh the agony! i am icing the paper cut as we speak!

or maybe her boobies are traps? i get soooo confused!

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    dammit! you pulled the LORCIN card! i concede! I CONCEDE!
    please stop the insanity! i walked into my closet this morning and forgot my 3 light MINIMUM.... my trusty wife had set a booby trap and i took a full force closet light string to the head! oooohhhhhhhhh the agony! i am icing the paper cut as we speak!
    or maybe her boobies are traps? i get soooo confused!
    But what about the TREASURE???!!!

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    ive been married for 10 years. i cant get past the BOOBY traps frequently enough to justify the treasure..... and once you get the treasure, you have to hear about it for weeks.........

and no........... there are NO PICS

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Bringing it back to life,

First let me suggest some Holy Water for your journey
    Chem Lights, you don't need no fancy reflector device thingy, just watch how you open the wrapper and split long ways and it will shield the light from your eyes if held right. Of course RED is for emergencies so remember that and bring a few. Use 550 cord to tie them/wear around your neck etc.. in the event you fall down a cliff the chem light is by you and not down another cliff where rescuers will look.

Had a squad leader who jumped into Panama with the 75th who said that a gunner broke his leg on landing and the medic ran up assessed him and dropped a chem light by him so he could find a way back to him; but he put the chem light about 5 feet away so the gunner had to crawl to the light and lay on top of it so the glow would not attract enemy fire.

Remember when encountering things like a bear, big foot, large four legged treasure protecting ass raping woolly mammoth eating trivia asking monsters to make yourself appear bigger than you are.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-uzm1QQkao&feature=related[/ame]

Sorry guys this is a must read thread though

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    One other point before anybody gets any ideas going into caves and using lightsticks to find their way out. Sometimes you get delayed underground, lost, someone hurt, hypothermic, whatever. Lightsticks go out after a few hours. Once they go out you're seriously lost. Plus cavers don't want dead plastic lightsticks littering their caves! (We also don't like dead newbie cavers laying around as they degrade too slowly... :) ) A small stack of stones to one side of the path works much better, just scatter them on the way back out.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I am going out West in few months and am planning to go underground in caves and natural caverns that we have discovered. I need headlamps, flashlights and anything that has a long duration of light without having to carry tons of batteries. Talking about being underground probably 8-10 hours at a time. I have seen on TV miners using headlamps that have considerable "run" time using rechargeable battery packs worn on belt. Cannot seem to find anything like that.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Found the lights we needed. (See my other post in Lights and Optics). Also, our last trip out we found 3 rough diamonds. Weren't expecting them as none have ever been found in that part of the U.S. University Geologist verified them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom