Longest Back order for Ammo from Sportsman's Guide

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Does anyone have a back order for ammo from Sportsman's Guide longer than mine? 9MM PMC Bronze, ordered 1/6/13, I received probably 4 emails already asking if I wanted to keep it on back order. Yesterday's email pushed it to 11/12/13. I am going to keep extending it just to see how long it will go. I imagine 2014 is next. At least they seem to be willing to honor it eventually. I have not problem with SG, it is one of my favorite online places to shop. I have another type of 9mm on back order from the same 1/6/13 order, still shows 8/30/13 ship date. I expect this one will be extended too! What you gonna do?

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    12/28/12, 22LR from cabelas.

Still waiting, I get an email every 25th of the month telling me it's backordered until the 25th of the next month. They tried to talk me into canceling in the first couple months, but I told them I was in no hurry and willing to wait as long as it takes :D

I don't expect it anytime soon.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Last week I got a request to keep some x39 on back order for later in the year. A few days later that order of 5k rounds shipped out.

Not the first time this happened.

Sometimes the dates are correct, other times it ships much sooner.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have a few cases of .223 on Backorder since 01/28/2013. Estimated to ship 10/29/13.

Do they actually call before they ship? I use one account for online purchases and keep the balance in that account low. Hopefully they call so I can transfer the funds in time.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I have a few cases of .223 on Backorder since 01/28/2013. Estimated to ship 10/29/13.

Do they actually call before they ship? I use one account for online purchases and keep the balance in that account low. Hopefully they call so I can transfer the funds in time.

No call. I got caught off guard when the x39 had an estimated ship date of nov, but shipped out last week. But if card doesn't process, then will call.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have two orders on backorder for SportsmanGuide.com. One from 1/16 and the other from 1/29 -- total of 3 cases of 9mm. The 1/16 has been pushed back to 10/22 and the other to 11/1. I doubt I'll get either of them this year but have been successful in getting ammo continually in the last few months to support my training habits.

I will end up needing to renew my Sportsman membership before I ever receive an order from them but the prices on those two orders are something I don't ever expect to see again.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Well, I received crappy news from Sportsman's Guide. After over a year and some change waiting on a backorder of 223 from SG I received this news:
    '
    Dear ________

Thank you for your recent order for the 1000rd .223 (5.56mm) 55gr Fmj, item number WX2-223908

Unfortunately, we have just been notified by our vendor that we will not be receiving the item as promised.
    We apologize for this inconvenience, but we will be unable to fulfill your backorder.

If you used a credit card, you will receive a refund back to that credit card. If you paid by money order or check, you will receive a refund check in a separate mailing, sent to:

REALLY, after countless times of communicating with you and promises it would be fulfilled I get this kick in the B@LLs. Thanks sportsman's guide I appreciate your help. I hope you are monitoring this. Prior to this I saw countless numbers of posts elsewhere saying backorders would not be fulfilled, but everyone had such a high opinion of SG's character. Well thanks for my order. This could have been handled better in my opinion. But hell, what do I know I'm just a customer who buys lots of sportsman gear...

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well, I received crappy news from Sportsman's Guide. After over a year and some change waiting on a backorder of 223 from SG I received this news:
    '
    Dear ________

Thank you for your recent order for the 1000rd .223 (5.56mm) 55gr Fmj, item number WX2-223908

Unfortunately, we have just been notified by our vendor that we will not be receiving the item as promised.
    We apologize for this inconvenience, but we will be unable to fulfill your backorder.

If you used a credit card, you will receive a refund back to that credit card. If you paid by money order or check, you will receive a refund check in a separate mailing, sent to:

REALLY, after countless times of communicating with you and promises it would be fulfilled I get this kick in the B@LLs. Thanks sportsman's guide I appreciate your help. I hope you are monitoring this. Prior to this I saw countless numbers of posts elsewhere saying backorders would not be fulfilled, but everyone had such a high opinion of SG's character. Well thanks for my order. This could have been handled better in my opinion. But hell, what do I know I'm just a customer who buys lots of sportsman gear...

In all fairness, if they were told that the product would be in on _______ date by their supplier and then their supplier told them they wouldn't be able to fill their order, it really is on the supplier, not them. However, if you see the product show up in a couple of months for $100 more a case, I'd be pissed.

Last edited:

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Does anyone have a back order for ammo from Sportsman's Guide longer than mine? 9MM PMC Bronze, ordered 1/6/13, I received probably 4 emails already asking if I wanted to keep it on back order. Yesterday's email pushed it to 11/12/13. I am going to keep extending it just to see how long it will go. I imagine 2014 is next. At least they seem to be willing to honor it eventually. I have not problem with SG, it is one of my favorite online places to shop. I have another type of 9mm on back order from the same 1/6/13 order, still shows 8/30/13 ship date. I expect this one will be extended too! What you gonna do?[/QUOTE

I just gave up on my back order that is over a year old. They emailed me last week and said it was now expected to ship in March 2014.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I back-ordered 1k of Wolf 5.56 September 16, 2012. My card was charged and ammo shipped exactly 1yr to the day. $200 shipped to my door. ... A pleasant surprise when 5.56 was costing much more than what I paid.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom