Looking for a Benjamin 347

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    It's a .177 caliber and looks like this:

dsc01222.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Many a bird, squirrel and rabbit feared the sight of one of those in my neighborhood growing up! Not sure what model mine was but it looked just like that except it had a smooth forearm without the checkering.

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Many a bird, squirrel and rabbit feared the sight of one of those in my neighborhood growing up! Not sure what model mine was but it looked just like that except it had a smooth forearm without the checkering.

My dad bought me one twenty years ago, and I still use it to murder squirrels.:D

billy82269

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    DeQuincy, LA
    I have one like that. Finish started coming off the metal and stock over the years, And just for something to do I steel wooled the metal to a brass color and BLOed the stock. Looks pretty good. My Step-Son has a newer model called a 397, it has a smoother and longer stock and plastic trigger guard.

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    I have a .177 Benjamin from about 1972 that has had thousands of rounds through it. There is no telling how many birds, squirrels, snakes, turtles, etc. that I killed with that thing as a kid, not to mention the thousands of cans, bottles, and other targets. It was always, and still is deadly accurate within its range. Mine leaks a little while pumping now, but it'll still shoot yer eye out.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a .177 Benjamin from about 1972 that has had thousands of rounds through it. There is no telling how many birds, squirrels, snakes, turtles, etc. that I killed with that thing as a kid, not to mention the thousands of cans, bottles, and other targets. It was always, and still is deadly accurate within its range. Mine leaks a little while pumping now, but it'll still shoot yer eye out.

That's about the same vintage as mine. I'll have to dig it out and take a pic or two. Mine leaks too; if you pump it really slowly, you get no pressure, but if you pump it fairly quickly, it will still hold a charge and shoots great.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    wow...you guys sure do hang on to 'em!!

I went through at least 6 daisy pump rifles back in the day. I never got a Benjamin because I was the "small kid" back then. They were too hard for me to pump. Granted, I was 10 years old too so you could say I skipped it. When I broke the last air rifle, my dad finally gave up on them and got me a Savage model 30 back in the early-mid '80s I guess. Slaughtered countless animals with it. I still remember my best shot ever with it. Off the hip, I hit a squirrel at about 25yds that was at a full out run for the nearest tree.... :D I still have that little rifle and still shoot it. With CB caps is quieter than that benjamin up at the top of the page!

In case you didn't know
    Savage/Stevens Favorite model 30
    pix2354367343.jpg

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I always lusted after the Benjamin's back when all I had was a Crossman .177. Their one pump was every bit as stout as my 10 pumps! That old Crossman was accurate as can be with pellets though... I do have to give it credit for that.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Well I'll go ahead and date myself here... I cut grass until I saved up enough money and then got my mom to drive me to the TG&Y in the Drusilla Shopping Center to buy mine. I think I was about 12. I also OC'd a Crossman CO2 powered 6-shot *357*; for back-up. We used to *hunt* mostly snakes and squirrels behind the Cedarcrest Brec Park, which included ALL the property north of I-12 and south of Old Hammond Hwy, and east of Airline. It was all woods and pasture. No Don Carter's, no Shoney's, strip mall, hotels; nothing. Ah, the good ol' days...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom