LSP Trooper shot on I-10

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    When I was on I-10W by exit 100 they had 6 or 7 Lafayette city PD units parked every mile or so....I thought it might have been some type of 4th of July traffic enforcement....maybe it had something to do with this.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    DAMMMM this is right by my house, I assume the Troopers were from Troop C.

I might have to make some calls to check on some buddies, but I can picture the Trooper who usually patrols the bridge and hes an African American Male in the 30's I know this because he gave me a warning ticket for my tint and stopped me about a week later to make sure I had taken it off.

WOW prayers sent as he was a nice Officer to conversate with, real nice guy.

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    Actually, chances are the trooper was working LACE. Its a traffic enforcement detail that the Troop A works from the west side of the MRB to Whiskey Bay. Ive had diner with several of these troppers as they are always stopping in Grosse Tete to eat. Im waiting now to find out who it was. I was all over this area last night assisting BRPD searching for a suspect.

Last edited:

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    Just spoke with one of the Deputies that responded, I cant give the troopers name out as of now, but know that he is going to be just fine. The trooper was shot twice, once in the abdomen and once in the leg. Unknown if the trooper was wearing his vest.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This is from KLFY,

La. trooper shot, wounded in I-10 traffic stop

Associated Press - July 3, 2010 3:34 PM ET

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A Louisiana trooper is in stable condition after being shot while attempting a traffic stop on Interstate 10 west of Baton Rouge.

State Police Lt. Doug Cain says the shooting happened around 12:15 p.m. Saturday.

The trooper was attempting to pull over a white van with Texas plates and followed it down an off-ramp between Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

The two occupants of the van immediately jumped out and started firing at the trooper. The suspects were apprehended near Henderson. Their names were not immediately released.

The trooper, who was not named, suffered injuries that are not believed to life-threatening.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    State Police Lt. Doug Cain says the shooting happened around 12:15 p.m. Saturday.

The trooper, who was not named, suffered injuries that are not believed to life-threatening.

So this just happened like few hrs ago?????????????:eek3:

Glad to hear hes OK though, and that the BG are in custody.

Charlie you the LEO that sits after the Atchafalaya Bridge in the Gray Tahoe? LOL I must say it makes me hit the breakes every single time eventhough I know it stays there and I dont speed cruise control is always set, I guess its a reaction.

Thanks to all LEO's for your service.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    So this just happened like few hrs ago?????????????:eek3:

Glad to hear hes OK though, and that the BG are in custody.

Charlie you the LEO that sits after the Atchafalaya Bridge in the Gray Tahoe? LOL I must say it makes me hit the breakes every single time eventhough I know it stays there and I dont speed cruise control is always set, I guess its a reaction.

Thanks to all LEO's for your service.

Nope not a LEO.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    WBRZ's lastest report on it

2 arrested in shooting of state trooper; officer's injuries not life-threatening
    Advocate staff report
    Published: Jul 3, 2010 - UPDATED: 3:15 p.m.
    Comments (0)

RAMAH — Two men were arrested in the shooting about noon today of a Louisiana state trooper during a traffic stop on eastbound Interstate 10 near Ramah, said Trooper 1st Class Russell Graham, a State Police spokesman.

The trooper had stopped a white Chevrolet van for a traffic violation when at least one of the van’s occupants jumped from the van and began firing, Graham said.

The trooper tried to take cover behind his squad car when he was struck, Graham said. Graham did not know how many times the trooper was shot or where.

The van then fled the scene, Graham said. Despite his wounds, the trooper was able to radio for help, giving a full description of the van including its Texas license plate number, Graham said.

State Police intercepted the van near Henderson shortly after the shooting and arrested the two men inside, Graham said.

The trooper was taken by helicopter to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge, where he was admitted for treatment, Graham said. His injuries are not life threatening, Graham said.

“Some prayers were answered,” Graham said. “But we’re continuing to pray for him and his family.”

The trooper’s name was not released.

Information on the two arrested men was not available.

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    yeah, im a LEO. Im in Iberville Parish. My relief was one of the deputies that responded to the shooting. The shooters were two hispanic males, they were caught around the 115 mile marker.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The shooters were two hispanic males, they were caught around the 115 mile marker.

Kinna figured that when they said Texas plate and a Van.

I have always wondered what would happen if, I have seen soo many times when LEO's perform a traffic stop and they are dealing with hispanics, most hispanics play the "no comprende game" and I speak spanish so if I stopped and offered my help as a translator. How would the LEO see that on his side, and what would be the best way to aproach this???????

I am not directly refering to this shooting situation just in general traffic stops when it involves a spanish speaking suspect.

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    with a LEO on a traffic stop, it can be a tricky thing. Next to domestic disputes, misdemeanor traffic stops are the second most dangerous thing i as a LEO can do. More cops are killed every year on misdemeanor (or unknown, as some say) traffic stops than anything else, other than domestic disputes. As for your assistance, me personally, i would welcome it, although I would be leary of someone suddenly pulling up behind me while im on a stop. my suggestion would be not to stop unless you can see that the LEO is in trouble of some kind.

Top Bottom