LSU v Alabama

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Bad play calling, stupid penalties, dropped balls, terrible squib kick, not scoring a TD after the fumble... I can go on about the things that cost LSU the game. Offense is the problem, defense couldn't have played much better with the exception of the first play in OT. We are going to watch LSU struggle due to bad QB play for the next few years just like the last few years. I don't understand how we can be so good at recruiting quality players at every position EXCEPT QB!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Bad play calling, stupid penalties, dropped balls, terrible squib kick, not scoring a TD after the fumble... I can go on about the things that cost LSU the game. Offense is the problem, defense couldn't have played much better with the exception of the first play in OT. We are going to watch LSU struggle due to bad QB play for the next few years just like the last few years. I don't understand how we can be so good at recruiting quality players at every position EXCEPT QB!

This is the saddest statement there is; but it is true! LSU is a top tier football school and a top tier recruiting destination. They are considered contenders for a championship almost perpetually yet, look at the QB's in the past and the present.

How do you lose a Dak Prescott and end up with Jennings and Harris? Cut your losses now! Go find a QUARTERBACK who can be molded into the starting role from his freshman year to be your Junior and Senior leader! Give up a year (you won't win the SEC anyway), and build for the years after.

When you lose as many star athletes as LSU did last year and the year before and you still almost had a shot at the playoffs from the SEC West; you need to understand where your deficiencies lie.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That very guy may already be on the team. But it appears (outwardly, anyway) that he's being judged by the Auburn disaster- and hasn't gotten another chance.

The coaches mighta kinda sorta want to give Brandon Harris a few honest snaps, the remainder of the year. 8/26 for 76 yards FROM YOUR STARTER isn't going to win a game like we just witnessed very often.....:doh:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I don't know, man. Even Gary Danielson said something to the effect of 'come on, guys...don't let the game be decided this way'. That personal foul call was rotten.
    Even Sports Illustrated is questioning the officiating.
    If those calls had gone the other way, I'm sure the other guys would be griping (and poisoning trees) too.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That very guy may already be on the team. But it appears (outwardly, anyway) that he's being judged by the Auburn disaster- and hasn't gotten another chance.

The coaches mighta kinda sorta want to give Brandon Harris a few honest snaps, the remainder of the year. 8/26 for 76 yards FROM YOUR STARTER isn't going to win a game like we just witnessed very often.....:doh:

Well, I am kind of judging him on that too, cause that was a watershed moment in time where you may have seen brilliance in a future QB. However, I would most assuredly let him play in the next two games.

Get ready though, the money grubbing TAF will not want to lose a shot at a bigger bowl game this year to allow for anything that would make sense for the future. As a football fan, the date of the bowl game is inconsequential to me. Whether it be Sugar Bowl or Toilet Bowl. Most of these bowl games are completely useless. And when you are an elite football school, as LSU is, watching them play Clemson in the Peach Bowl is stupid.

The prize now, is and will always be the playoffs.

When the numbers of viewers worldwide for the LSU/Bama game is announced it will show how insignificant consolation Bowl games are.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I just think the team itself overall was not playing at the same level then as it has been the last few weeks- with the biggest difference being the guys up front, OL and DL. I'd really like to see what Harris could do with some decent pass blocking vs an SEC defense.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    The officiating was poor on both sides. There were at least two uncalled PIs against lsu, one turned out to be inconsequential but the other was an easily catchable ball in the end zone

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The officiating was poor on both sides. There were at least two uncalled PIs against lsu, one turned out to be inconsequential but the other was an easily catchable ball in the end zone

Overall, I would have to agree. They also missed LSU's backup tight end (no pun intended) dropping the pants of a Bama player during one of the pileups- leaving him momentarily bare-assed...:doh::doh::doh:

That would be unsportsmanlike conduct....I....guess? :confused:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Three things (among others) that ruined the game for LSU:
    1. Trey Quinn (I believe) unable to catch two elementary short passes.
    2. Vadal Alexander's personal foul penalty.
    3. Horrible kick out of bounds.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Three things (among others) that ruined the game for LSU:
    1. Trey Quinn (I believe) unable to catch two elementary short passes.
    2. Vadal Alexander's personal foul penalty.
    3. Horrible kick out of bounds.

You are listing relatively common things that happen in any game.

Here are my 3:

1. A
    2. Mediocre
    3. Quarterback

;)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    But I also think getting away from what was working for them (running the football and eating the clock) was a bad idea. Alabama barely had the ball in the 3rd quarter. Clearly the passing game was it's usual dismal self. Why LSU abandoned the running game at the end is beyond me....

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Overall, I would have to agree. They also missed LSU's backup tight end (no pun intended) dropping the pants of a Bama player during one of the pileups- leaving him momentarily bare-assed...:doh::doh::doh:

That would be unsportsmanlike conduct....I....guess? :confused:

Sure was funny though :D

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You are listing relatively common things that happen in any game.

Here are my 3:

1. A
    2. Mediocre
    3. Quarterback

;)

Yes, they are relatively common occurrences, but they killed the game for LSU. Recovering Yeldon's fumble, only to get a 15 yard penalty for pushing each other like little kids, is a game killer. Trey Quinn dropped an easy pass; So, don't throw it to him again.

The same could be said for Alabama's kicker. Missing that easy field goal is unacceptable. The amount of dropped passes was unacceptable. Both teams played mediocre.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Quinn didn't become the all-time leading HS receiver by being a bad player. I really believe it's simply the fact that he's such a young kid getting thrown into that pressure cooker right out of the gate. Slightly different than playing in a HS stadium. :dogkeke:

He will develop into a solid player- as will the other wealth of young talent LSU has at it's disposal. This is going to be a damn good football team in the coming years.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom