M.E.M case settlement.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Et tu Dan, Et tu?

When does it stop? the "tuck tail and run", "live to fight another day", "keep your head down and dont draw attention" mentality? so you are saying that although we lose rights and ground each day in the battle on gun control, we shouldnt draw attention to this matter? just be nice, polite and try and reason with the unreasonable? Wake up and smell the facts.. YOU WILL NOT CONVINCE AN ANTI GUN PERSON THAT YOU ARE RIGHT, NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER. So as long as they will use illegal arrests, and unlawful detentions, PRO GUNNERS WILL LOSE!..

For gods sakes people, this is starting to sound like all those morons after 9/11 saying, wait, we cant just carpet bomb Afghanistan, there are innocent people there.. well news flash, how in the hell did you ever think we could win a war against a people, who that when a building blows up 6 blocks away they dont even stop school, when we cant even keep a damn country running with the loss of 2 buildings? If the other side doesnt have to play by rules, and we do, guess what.. WE LOST! same goes for the gun rights.. as long as we have to play by some sort of gentlemanly conduct and not "stir the pot" we are screwed, this isnt an opinion this is a FACT. America wasnt founded on a bunch of blowhards begging for table scraps of rights, it was founded by men who FOUGHT and DIED and DEMANDED their rights.
    We are Americans, so please tell me why in the hell i or any of us should sit at the table of retards called "anti-gunners" and beg for a damn right that was born unto me? Anti gunners should be the ones sitting down and shutting the hell up, they dont have Guns!!

No offense to any one person, but when all the rights that our ancestors fought and died for are gone, because we chose to "not stir the pot", which of you will be able to stand with your head high at their graves and say... "oh BTW those rights you died for.. i let them go, so you died for nothing." So many here call themselves patriots, and fly the flag on high, and then cowardly say.. "wait, dont make any waves, or the kings will not give us our bread" ... There was a time when being an American meant you WERE the KING... now we have just whittled away into being a group of blowhard kissass serfs, waiting for the next scrap from the table of the Washington Dictators. Everyone too worried about losing their precious Mortgage and their mini-van to do a damn thing as the country that was the United States of America, becomes the Dictatorship of Anti-Americanism.

Each day you trudge off to work in hopes of keeping the right to serve others and make others rich, the fact is you dont hear the Criminals saying take those guns from the law abiding folks! Its the big Industries and Corporate american who are screwing the little guy everyday, there is a reason, because they know that sooner or later someones going to wise the **** up and realize how bad they are getting screwed, and when they do, well they sure as hell better be disarmed.
    THERE IS NO REASON FOR GUN CONTROL IF NOBODYS ****ING WITH ANYONE ELSE. So the people wanting Gun Control plan to **** someone over and dont want shot.

Does anyone even know what CIFTA E-63 is? or that it exists and could soon become law?

http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/treaties/a-63.html

http://pagenine.typepad.com/page_ni...te-obama-gun-treaty-skirts-congress.html#more

so keep on keeping your head down and not stirring the pot... when the pot boils over.. spare the rest of us the bitching and whining about how someone took your gun away.

LongRange,

Do you realize that your diatribes on gun rights don't make any sense?

Rest assured that gun owners are probably the only ones that can screw up enough to lose our rights. Public opinion matters greatly. At this time in history, public opinion is on our side. Scare the sheeple and it won't be. Remember, it took the Supreme Court 80 years to revisit the gun issue. If the justices (that are appointed by politicians, that are elected by the people) interprets the Constitution in an unfavorable way, you will be living with what you and all of us on this board believe to be unconstitutional laws for a very long time (likely your lifetime). Further, you won't do anything about it except lay there and take it.

By the way, what did you do today to support the cause of gun ownership? I assisted with the organizing of the state shooting associations to hire an attorney to write an amicus curiae brief in support of the NRA's writ to the Supreme Court to overturn the case that held that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to the states. Are you even a member of your state association? Do you want to make a donation to help pay the legal bills? Do you consider this work to be "tucking tail and running"?

Learn how to fight effectively. MEM's antics are not the way.

Dan

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    LongRange,

Do you realize that your diatribes on gun rights don't make any sense?

Rest assured that gun owners are probably the only ones that can screw up enough to lose our rights. Public opinion matters greatly. At this time in history, public opinion is on our side. Scare the sheeple and it won't be. Remember, it took the Supreme Court 80 years to revisit the gun issue. If the justices (that are appointed by politicians, that are elected by the people) interprets the Constitution in an unfavorable way, you will be living with what you and all of us on this board believe to be unconstitutional laws for a very long time (likely your lifetime). Further, you won't do anything about it except lay there and take it.

By the way, what did you do today to support the cause of gun ownership? I assisted with the organizing of the state shooting associations to hire an attorney to write an amicus curiae brief in support of the NRA's writ to the Supreme Court to overturn the case that held that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to the states. Are you even a member of your state association? Do you want to make a donation to help pay the legal bills? Do you consider this work to be "tucking tail and running"?

Learn how to fight effectively. MEM's antics are not the way.

Dan

what did i do today? Im glad you asked, today, while you were helping someone pay some legal bills that they would never have had to pay if someone wasn't asleep at the constiututional wheel, i was sittin on my fat ass due to a back injury.. but if its any consolation i did manage to earn my normal 6 grand today thus paying another 2300 in taxes to the good ol US of A, which in turn can spread it out to all those needy welfare freaks so they can get a set of 26" rims instead of 24" outdated ones for their 40,000 dollar suv, all the while the honest hard working folks on this board can keep having to beg borrow and steal for enough to feed their family, all so a bunch of guys can spend more government tax dollars to "argue" in a court of law and believfe they are actually getting anywhere.
    Ever stop and think since it seems very little pro gun laws are actually being passed and you spend your time on damage control, that the rest of us get to pay the legal bills on the other side of your arguments that yeild zip? Thats right! see every time you want to go to court with some BS argument that doesnt do much more than postpone the enevidable, John Q Taxpayer gets the bill, so if you dont mind i would like my moneys worth, if its not too much trouble, could you try and get rid of a few anti-gun laws instead of just trying to slow the bleeding?
    You have a bunch of people on this board cheering you on, but did you ever mention that each time you take on a case, they get to pay more taxes?

Dan this isn.t an attack on you as an individual, we just dont agree on the way things should be done. We agree what needs to happen just not in the manner of getting it done. Id never say you arent a first and foremost patriot, nor that you dont know your ****, but there is always 2 sides to any story, I believe in telling them both.

John_L

FTRB
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    rodney_king.jpg

I'd like to point out that a couple of years after Rodney King begged us all to just get along and his subsequent $3.5 million dollar pay day, he was convicted of hitting his wife with his car.

As one of my mentors put it, "Don't tell me about the labor pains, show me the baby."

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    .. but if its any consolation i did manage to earn my normal 6 grand today

And did you contribute any of your $ to any pro-gun causes through the LSA or any other association? Evidently not. And yes, I know that my tax dollars go to defend anti-gun issues. I have NO control over that. However, I do have control over where I spend that money that I do have. I will not willingly give up my guns, but it takes people like Dan and others at the tip of the spear to speak for those people who can't.

A good strategic thinker knows you fight a holding action until you marshall your forces to go on the offensive. We cannot take up arms and storm the streets as I have seen others post in different places on the 'net. That will only result in needless bloodshed and loss of any freedoms we still have. We have to have a "quiet" revolution. And yes, I know it's not as upfront as beating your chest and screaming about how I'm the baddest mother around. But, by calmly and confidently fighting in the courts, it keeps us from getting the stigma of some "right-wing nut job militia mob" that the liberal press would just love to tag us with. People like MEM and his in your face way of doing things only perpetuates this label.

And that's my $.02 for what it's worth.

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    what did i do today? Im glad you asked, today, while you were helping someone pay some legal bills that they would never have had to pay if someone wasn't asleep at the constiututional wheel, i was sittin on my fat ass due to a back injury.. but if its any consolation i did manage to earn my normal 6 grand today thus paying another 2300 in taxes to the good ol US of A, which in turn can spread it out to all those needy welfare freaks so they can get a set of 26" rims instead of 24" outdated ones for their 40,000 dollar suv, all the while the honest hard working folks on this board can keep having to beg borrow and steal for enough to feed their family, all so a bunch of guys can spend more government tax dollars to "argue" in a court of law and believfe they are actually getting anywhere.
    Ever stop and think since it seems very little pro gun laws are actually being passed and you spend your time on damage control, that the rest of us get to pay the legal bills on the other side of your arguments that yeild zip? Thats right! see every time you want to go to court with some BS argument that doesnt do much more than postpone the enevidable, John Q Taxpayer gets the bill, so if you dont mind i would like my moneys worth, if its not too much trouble, could you try and get rid of a few anti-gun laws instead of just trying to slow the bleeding?
    You have a bunch of people on this board cheering you on, but did you ever mention that each time you take on a case, they get to pay more taxes?

Dan this isn.t an attack on you as an individual, we just dont agree on the way things should be done. We agree what needs to happen just not in the manner of getting it done. Id never say you arent a first and foremost patriot, nor that you dont know your ****, but there is always 2 sides to any story, I believe in telling them both.

I am addressing this to LongRange and to everyone else that thinks that gun owners have been using the wrong strategy.

I would like to know what infringements on your rights have occurred in the last 20 years. These are the ones I can think of:

1986 new machinegun ban
    addition of domestic abusers to the list of prohibited persons for gun ownership
    1989 executive order restricting the importation of semi auto military rifles
    1994 brady background check
    1994 assault weapon ban
    some state assault weapon bans in states that do not have constitutional protection of gun ownership

against this we need to balance the following:

concealed carry with reciprocity in a majority of states
    castle doctrine
    liability limitation for justified use of guns in self defense
    protection of gun rights in emergencies (state and federal)
    lawful commerce in arms acts (state and federal)
    concealed carry in National Parks
    expiration of AWB
    NICS is now instant
    65 democratic house members calling for no new AWB (recognition of the political power of gun owners)
    23 state attorneys general calling for no new AWB
    virtually no anti gun legislation on either the state of federal level since 2000 (think "gunshow loophole" legislation)
    Heller case recognizing for the first time in US history that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual right

I am sure that others can think of more examples, but you should get the point.

Even though we have elected the most anti gun president in history and the leadership of the party in complete power is extremely anti gun, pro gun forces are still on the offensive and have passed legislation as recently as 6 weeks ago on a national level. What is more, the party in power recognizes that their hold on it depends on not pissing us off. We must be ever vigilant, but we should also recognize that this is not 1994. The demographics of gun ownership have changed. There are more of us and more importantly more of us are active politically. If we stay the course, we should do OK. Our worst nightmare is that gunowners lose the perception that they are reasonable, law abiding citizens. The vast majority of the population is afraid of nut jobs of whatever ilk and politicians will kowtow to their desires. Keep the silent majority on our side and we will prevail.

But then what do I know?

Dan

Last edited:
    Top Bottom