M&P 9c or Glock 19?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I would pick the M&P over a Glop. (big surprise ;)) But take this into consideration, M&P9c magazines simply do not exist in the retail market right now. NOBODY has them, including S&W themselves.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I like the M&P9 and M&P9c but I sell more Glock 19's. I sell more Shields than any other pistol (well unless we start counting AR pistols). Usually an M&P will be cheaper, and if it is not, you are shopping at the wrong place or you qualify for blue label guns...

I will say one thing I have observed. Guys that buy Glocks just come into the store and say I want the Glock XX, guys that buy M&P's usually try a few different pistols then pick one. That is just a small sample size over a short 3 months. I have only had one woman come in and say "I want that gun" and it was a purple Ruger she had been looking for.

Glock owners know what we want lol. As far as pricing, m&p costs less, but once you start fixing the horrible trigger the roles reverse. If someone decides to go with m&p, I'd look for a used one. You'll get a better deal on one with parts already swapped out.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    A few years back I sold off all my Glocks and went to the M&P. I shot the hell out of it then decided to detail strip it and give it a good cleaning that's when I started to hate the M&P guns lol. I have since sold all the M&Ps and went back to Glocks.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    own an m&p and a g19.

love both.

carry both.

it's like dating twins, just ones a blonde and ones a brunette. treat them equally and if you're man enough, double up. ;)

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    My vote is the Glock plus the M&P slide is wider then the Glock not sure about the Shield model ?

I was looking to buy a M&P 40c to carry also besides my Glock 27 but I could not get over the gritty trigger pull of the M&P and I was not going to spend any extra to have the trigger smoothed out when right out the box the Glock is perfect with no mods needed ya I know some may differ on that statement.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    All this talk of horrible triggers.. I don't get it. I don't have any problem with mine.

I like both Glock and MP. If I had to choose one over the other, I'd go with MP because it's more comfortable to hold and shoot.
    Not that the Glock isn't comfortable, just the MP is more.

Either way is a win though.

GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I figure they're virtually the same for my purposes, but I plan on getting a Shield a little bit later down the line. I've handled both and both felt good in my newbie hands. This gun will be my workhorse, I plan on putting a few thousand down range this year and doing a few training classes with it, truck gun, and eventually CC. I was leaning towards the Glock, but is there any reason to go with the M&P just because they're (9c and Shield) from the same line if they don't share mags or any other parts?

if it means anything to you i just bought a glock 19 this week, its my first 9mm, my first polymer gun and my first glock, i levied between the glock 19 and M&P for a while but im hapy i bought my glock, i dont think you can go wrong either way

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I traded my g19 for an m&p 9f and am very pleased. Mechanically I'm sure they are both similarly accurate but I had a lot easier time pulling accuracy out of the mp. I just really like it. Either pistol is an absolute winner. This is like choosing between a blonde or brunette.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I actually went with the Shield. It seemed like it would be much more comfortable IWB, and that was primarily what I was looking for when it came down to it. My fiancee decided she liked it as well and that she'll be using it when our permits come in, so she'll buy me another gun. She's also expressed some interest in steel matches, so I'm not sure what I'll go with next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Would the G19 be a good gun for steel matches? In comparison to a G17, full size M&P9, CZ 75, PPQ, etc.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    if it means anything to you i just bought a glock 19 this week, its my first 9mm, my first polymer gun and my first glock, i levied between the glock 19 and M&P for a while but im hapy i bought my glock, i dont think you can go wrong either way

as someone who does infact own a Ruger sr9c, and a glock 19, but not a M&P but i have shot a shield a number of times, i can honestly say my opinion is that the Ruger is more slim, has better sights, and a better trigger then both the glock and M&P

So... which is it? Or did you buy both, and determine which one was better based off of what, one trip to the range?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So... which is it? Or did you buy both, and determine which one was better based off of what, one trip to the range?

Mousetrap_with_mouse.jpg

Top Bottom