M1 Garand

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My Springfield Amory Service Grade Garand and 3 cases of ammo should ship this week from CMP!!!!! I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Jughead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Your going to have lots of fun.
    47b7d707b3127ccebcf73f17f3570000003.jpg

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    My CMP ammo order should be shipping out very soon too - from a 3-5 order date.

When it's time to order my carbine, i'm just gonna make the drive to the south store - this current 3-4 month wait time is killing me.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My CMP ammo order should be shipping out very soon too - from a 3-5 order date.

When it's time to order my carbine, i'm just gonna make the drive to the south store - this current 3-4 month wait time is killing me.

I almost went to the SouthStorefor this order but I couldnt get anyone to go with me and split the gas. I took what I spent on gas and bought three cases of the Greek HXP ammo.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I almost went to the SouthStorefor this order but I couldnt get anyone to go with me and split the gas. I took what I spent on gas and bought three cases of the Greek HXP ammo.

I had a road trip planned and it fell through . I have ammo on order myself .
    I may take a trip over there if I get another buttload of overtime . :cool:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Good news finally my Springfield Armory Service Grade M1 Garand shipped today. I have tracking numbers in hand! I sent my order in on 2/21 and CMP received it on 2/23. Been a long wait but will be here soon. I will post pictures when I have it in my hands.

Last edited:

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I was able to actually part with one of mine but just like a missing limb, I still think it's there. I'm down to only three. I suggest a trip to the store or even Camp Perry and don't forget the empty credit cards. I'm not much on these carbines. i think if it was still the good ole days of the super cheap .30 carbine ammo the attraction would be greater.
    I think it's better to pick through whatever is at the store than "luck of the draw". I compare the store visit to an easter egg hunt where there is one golden egg mixed with all the others. My friend can spot what he calls sleepers, guns passed by because of some shiny varnish or something, he cleans them up to be remarkable pieces.

Top Bottom