Mag pouch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Blackhawk for pistols. For my AR I picked up the army surplus 3 mag pouches -the ones with a baseball grenade holder on each side. I cut off the grenade holsters (if I have to start carrying grenades I'll buy some new pouches!)

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I shoot Production so I needs lots of mag pouches.

For pistol, I use four single Sidearmor pouches, side by side, on a CR Speed Belt, with a Comp-Tac double pouch around back that is only filled with mags on the "o-sheet" stages ;) BTW, the CR Speed makes for a nice stable system and saves a lot of threading of mag pouches onto belts for practice and match days...just slap the outer belt on the inner belt and velcro does it's thing ;)

Wilderness 1.5 in. five-stitch belts get the vote for all other times.

For rifle, I use a single Blade-Tech, with two single Viking Tactics nylon pouches, when necessary.

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i use two double bladetech pouches and one single blackhawk for my fifth mag that goes in the gun at start. makes it easier than digging in a pocket.

belt i use is a 1.5" wilderness instructor csm.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm about to order a couple double pouches from Bladetech, along with a holster for my XDm-9. What say you guys on belt mount vs. paddle?

Also a silly question, in the Production divisions of IDPA/USPSA/etc, is there a capacity limit? Will I be able to take advantage of my 19 round capacity? If so, seems like 5 mags would be overkill for most stages I've seen. :D

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm about to order a couple double pouches from Bladetech, along with a holster for my XDm-9. What say you guys on belt mount vs. paddle?

Also a silly question, in the Production divisions of IDPA/USPSA/etc, is there a capacity limit? Will I be able to take advantage of my 19 round capacity? If so, seems like 5 mags would be overkill for most stages I've seen. :D

Production is limited to 11 rounds at start and 10 rounds per mag. If you want to use your mag capacity, you can shoot in limited.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA

I prefer belt mount over paddle. That goes for both holster and mags. I also prefer production capacity loading because it gives me more practice changing mags under pressure. If you go this route, you'll need 5 mags.

I personally use the Bladetech double mag pouches and Sting Ray holster with the DOH adaptor. Good stuff.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm shooting in the Limited 10 division. I'm using a Double Alpha belt and mag holders. I'd recommend the belt but have reservations about the mag holders.

Dave

Top Bottom