Man shoots himself on I 49 near Opelousas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I saw this on this mornings news. (26 Dec). They were somewhat schetchy on details. Evidently some one shot himself while driving down the interstate at Opelousas. The were not clear on weather it was intentional, or accidental. What sort of fire arm was used etc. I was curious as to wheater it was poor gun handeling, or intentional suicide. Maybe the investigation is not yet complete, thus explaining the lack of detail. Any one heard any more on this?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    There was "slow down" written on back glass, and 3 bulletholes in glass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figures. People everywhere drive stupid, but this is the only place I have lived where people drive stupid AND as aggressively. Been run off the road a few times, had people swerve at me, flip me off for no reason, etc. Just a lot of bitter angry people. The NW part of this state seems especially poor and angry. Down south LA, I have had far better experiences and the people aren't mad at their lives.

Last edited:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Figures. People everywhere drive stupid, but this is the only place I have lived where people drive stupid AND as aggressively. Been run off the road a few times, had people swerve at me, flip me off for no reason, etc. Just a lot of bitter angry people. The NW part of this state seems especially poor and angry. Down south LA, I have had far better experiences and the people aren't mad at their lives.

Indeed this is true. Not to mention the inbreds playing with cellphones while careening down the roads in primered, dented Chevy Celebrity and Toyota Tercel cars that were old during Clinton's first term. . I cringe when I must pass through that area.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Indeed this is true. Not to mention the inbreds playing with cellphones while careening down the roads in primered, dented Chevy Celebrity and Toyota Tercel cars that were old during Clinton's first term. . I cringe when I must pass through that area.
    Your right going up through there is like going back in time in some places

Top Bottom