Marvin Heemeyer was a nutjob!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    me personally, i think we need to reserve the word "terrorist" and not throw it around all willie nillie at nut cases. I mean, if that were the case, when we read about a naked guy chasing boys around the woods trying to have "relations" with them we would immediately call him a "terrorist", when in fact his official title would be "scout leader".

h0b03ec01

kidding! Kidding! Dont taze me bro.

lolololololol

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    SVT your a moron. J: was the Unabomber a terrorist?
    Yea, absolutely. I don't think you necessarily have to be part of a larger social group, but acting on behalf of an ideology or cause that attracts people is certainly a qualifier, sure.

The cause of "This nation is going down the shitter because of our addiction to technology and development of structure and infrastructure at the cost of natural preservation. That's a major cause. He even announced he was committing these acts to get people to change their ways - to influence a change in culture - to defy and intimidate people through the use of bombs to change their way of life, and declared it so in letters to the media.

DozerBro just wanted revenge for a perceived slight. Like people who shoot their boss. Like people who 'go postal' and shoot up their place of employment. DozerBro wasn't trying to change anything or support any greater principle other than selfish personal desire.

SVT: Dude, it's gettin' old. We get it, you hate the government, blah blah blah, even if you think it's funny, you don't need to interject hyperbolic anti-government rhetoric into every thread you post in.

Last edited:

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Me personally, I think we need to reserve the word "terrorist" and not throw it around all willie nillie at nut cases. I mean, if that were the case, when we read about a naked guy chasing boys around the woods trying to have "relations" with them we would immediately call him a "terrorist", when in fact his official title would be "scout leader".

h0B03EC01

Kidding! kidding! Dont taze me bro.
    FTMFW!!!

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Yea, absolutely. I don't think you necessarily have to be part of a larger social group, but acting on behalf of an ideology or cause that attracts people is certainly a qualifier, sure.

The cause of "This nation is going down the shitter because of our addiction to technology and development of structure and infrastructure at the cost of natural preservation. That's a major cause. He even announced he was committing these acts to get people to change their ways - to influence a change in culture - to defy and intimidate people through the use of bombs to change their way of life, and declared it so in letters to the media.

DozerBro just wanted revenge for a perceived slight. Like people who shoot their boss. Like people who 'go postal' and shoot up their place of employment. DozerBro wasn't trying to change anything or support any greater principle other than selfish personal desire.

SVT: Dude, it's gettin' old. We get it, you hate the government, blah blah blah, even if you think it's funny, you don't need to interject hyperbolic anti-government rhetoric into every thread you post in.

Ted was crazy bro. That's all I'm trying to say we had no idea
    What the dudes motivations were cuz he was nuts. He's either a
    Criminal or a Terrorist in neither case do we need to memorialize the day he behaved in manner that put innocents at risk.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Here is my definition; he used violence, fear, and property damage to further his
    Agenda and didn't care that the people he could have hurt or killed or who's
    Property he damaged were innocent.

Well, the US Gov't is a terrorist organization then.

SVT your a moron.

So I use YOUR OWN definition of a word, which obviously applies to our own gov't, and I'm the moron? :squint:

If you don't see that some activity of the US Gov't fits VG's definition, then you're just not ready to accept it yet, and nothing I say will change your mind.

"used violence, fear, and property damage to further their Agenda and didn't care that the people they could have hurt or killed or who's Property they damaged were innocent."

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    dude... slow your roll... missing the point, here. YOUR OPINIONS ON THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE A ****ING THING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD.

If you want to spout off about your condemnations of the government, there are PLLLLLLLLLLLENTY of threads about it. This is a thread about the Killdozer event, and even as loosely as it's proceeded, you're way out of lane on this one.

Go start a thread if you want to talk about whether or not the USGOV is a "terrorist organization" and trying desperately to tie it into every other unrelated thread you attempt to string it in with.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ted was crazy bro. That's all I'm trying to say we had no idea
    What the dudes motivations were cuz he was nuts. He's either a
    Criminal or a Terrorist in neither case do we need to memorialize the day he behaved in manner that put innocents at risk.
    You mean... we had no idea what his motivations were... except that he openly declared them in letters to media organizations, directly saying "I'm doing this because..." and then targeted people related to the perceived plight?

Yes, he's crazy - all terrorists are crazy, but not all crazies are terrorists.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    dude... slow your roll... missing the point, here. YOUR OPINIONS ON THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE A ****ING THING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD.

If you want to spout off about your condemnations of the government, there are PLLLLLLLLLLLENTY of threads about it. This is a thread about the Killdozer event, and even as loosely as it's proceeded, you're way out of lane on this one.

Go start a thread if you want to talk about whether or not the USGOV is a "terrorist organization" and trying desperately to tie it into every other unrelated thread you attempt to string it in with.

take a deep breath JNieman...perhaps you should take a break from the interwebs for a little bit. Or perhaps you shouldn't let other people's opinions send you into such a hissy-fit. Seriously.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Richard Reid The Shoe Bomber didn't kill or
    Injure anyone. He was clearly a terrorist.
    Hippie kids that torch fur farms don't hurt anyone
    And they are terrorist. Here is my definition; he used violence, fear, and property damage to further his
    Agenda and didn't care that the people he could have hurt or killed or who's
    Property he damaged were innocent.

And we have a winner!!!

Seriously. This is a terrorist. I don't give a flaying cat crap what their ideology, religion, or race are.

Stop memorializing these asshats and we go far toward eliminating them.

Life sucks, buy a helmet.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I guess the way I titled this thread ruffled some feathers. He's not really someone to idolize, unless you're a psycho. Just wanted to remind everyone about him. I studied criminal justice in college and my interest in reading about criminals, weirdos, killers, psychopaths, etc hasn't stopped since then. Sorry if butthurt occurred. Carry on.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, im not too sure if I would consider Marvin a terrorist or not. I'm still up in the air on that.
    Your response of "I can't say for sure" was to Speedracer, asking if actual terrorists building bombs from pressure cookers should also be memorialized and celebrated.

Hence people scoffing.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It looks like a good example of Crybaby vs Crazyass (him being the latter).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom