Mask mandate lifted in Louisiana in most places except government offices, schools...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    https://www.wbrz.com/news/mask-mand...t-offices-schools-health-care-centers-142043/

BATON ROUGE – Louisiana took one of the last steps toward a pre-COVID normalcy Tuesday as the governor announced sweeping changes to the state’s ongoing health restrictions.

Louisiana has been under some sort of emergency health order restricting various aspects of life since March 2020.

Tuesday, the governor announced the state-wide mask mandate will end and, instead, will be set by local governments. Click HERE to read how area parishes and governments responded with localized orders.

However, the state will require masks at all schools: Early childhood education centers, k-12 campuses and colleges and universities. In addition, masks will still be required at health care facilities, on public transit, and in state government buildings.

Other changes to the state's executive order include the following.

- No capacity restrictions on outdoor events

- Indoor events can host up to 75 percent occupancy or no limit with mask enforcement.

A state-ordered mask mandate has been in place for all of Louisiana for nine months and 15 days as of Tuesday.

The state of Louisiana still recommends following all CDC mask guidelines.

State agencies will be allowed to opt-out of the few mask restrictions remaining in place, though none controlled by the governor’s office (cabinet-level branches such as Department of Health, etc.) did, officials added. Offices controlled by state-wide elected officials could enact specific mask rules.

Businesses and local leaders can enact mask mandates, the governor said.

Most capacity restrictions were already lifted, though those that remain will be adjusted: Indoor events (weddings, sporting events, conferences, etc.) may go to 75-percent occupancy or 100 percent if mask policies are enforced.

Outdoor events do not have capacity restrictions, though the state of Louisiana encourages people in large crowds to wear masks.

Sources told WBRZ, the governor spent Monday and nearly all day Tuesday mulling a decision and the final call came just before a Tuesday afternoon news conference.

Edwards modified the health restrictions as the current modified phase 3 order was scheduled to end Wednesday, four weeks after the governor signed it into effect.

The CDC eased its guidance on masks Tuesday.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Does this mean that I don’t have worry about seeing idiots wearing masks when in their car by themselves anymore?

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The mask wearing will never stop, between virtue signaling and the constant psa announcements EVERYWHERE the sheep are trained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Does this mean that I don’t have worry about seeing idiots wearing masks when in their car by themselves anymore?

Some of those drivers are UBER drivers who just don’t feel like taking them off and putting them back on multiple times an hour. UBER requires drivers to wear masks while passengers are in the vehicle. UBER Eats delivery drivers are required wear masks when they exit their vehicles to deliver or pick up food. They also must mask up at drive thru windows.

Last weekend, I saw a delivery driver get yelled at by a drunk tourist(he and his stupid friends were actually allowed to use the drive thru on foot) just for wearing a mask at a McDonald’s drive thru! The drunk called the driver a *F$$king Biden supporter* despite the presence of a USMC veteran plate on the car and a small black NRA sticker. They only backed off after I pointed out the plate and sticker, then threatened to call the NOPD(I know the watch commander for that District.)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some of those drivers are UBER drivers who just don’t feel like taking them off and putting them back on multiple times an hour.

Do you think the task is too physically demanding for them or do you think they have difficulties figuring out the complicated ear straps?

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    As a Louisiana Registered Pharmacist for 53 years, my views are as follows, get vaccinated, leave politics out. My first ten years out of college I was a USAF pharmacist and everyone was required to get all routine vaccinations unless they had been shown to be allergic to a particular vaccine or preservative. My wife and I went to Turkey for two years and additional more exotic vaccines were REQUIRED, things like cholera, plague, yellow fever. No problems. I am pro vaccine all the way, they work, and while some adverse reactions up to and including death have and do occur, then have an extremely good safety record, better than getting out of bed every morning.
    Masks, surgeons and operating room personnel have been wearing them for decades to prevent the open surgical wounds in patients from getting infected. Common surgical masks, like the little blue ones you see a lot of people wearing are not one way. They do keep things from you from going out, but also keep things from coming in.
    During the 2019-2020 fall winter flu season we could not keep the antiviral drugs such as Tamiflu on the shelves, This last 2020-2021 season hardly any was dispensed, Blame that change on the flue vaccine partly, but mostly to the widespread wearing of masks. I have no data to back up my next comment, but if a person had gotten the flu and the COVID at the same time, it would probably be best to schedule an appointment with an undertaker.

Vaccines work, masks work, don't be stubborn and STUPID, listen to medical personnel and follow their advice and your odds of staying healthy are going to be much better.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As a Louisiana Registered Pharmacist for 53 years, my views are as follows, get vaccinated, leave politics out. My first ten years out of college I was a USAF pharmacist and everyone was required to get all routine vaccinations unless they had been shown to be allergic to a particular vaccine or preservative. My wife and I went to Turkey for two years and additional more exotic vaccines were REQUIRED, things like cholera, plague, yellow fever. No problems. I am pro vaccine all the way, they work, and while some adverse reactions up to and including death have and do occur, then have an extremely good safety record, better than getting out of bed every morning.
    Masks, surgeons and operating room personnel have been wearing them for decades to prevent the open surgical wounds in patients from getting infected. Common surgical masks, like the little blue ones you see a lot of people wearing are not one way. They do keep things from you from going out, but also keep things from coming in.
    During the 2019-2020 fall winter flu season we could not keep the antiviral drugs such as Tamiflu on the shelves, This last 2020-2021 season hardly any was dispensed, Blame that change on the flue vaccine partly, but mostly to the widespread wearing of masks. I have no data to back up my next comment, but if a person had gotten the flu and the COVID at the same time, it would probably be best to schedule an appointment with an undertaker.

Vaccines work, masks work, don't be stubborn and STUPID, listen to medical personnel and follow their advice and your odds of staying healthy are going to be much better.

I get what your saying, but to blindly listen to the dummies we have running the US medical community is foolish. Did you hear that CDC Director "Dr." Walensky allowed public policy to be dictated by teacher's unions? That has the smell of confidence in the government medical community all over it. On top of that, I wouldn't listen to this fraud Fauci if he gave me free advice on how to blow my nose!

Other than that, I have no problems whatsoever, of anyone making a conscience personal decision to not get vaccinated. But if you do decide that you will pass on it, you can expect nothing from me in the way of taking precautions to protect you!

As for Edwards; he may be the only democrat that actually allowed his state to continue to function the best it could under the circumstances. I would never vote for him, but he did a decent job on this!

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    As for Edwards; he may be the only democrat that actually allowed his state to continue to function the best it could under the circumstances. I would never vote for him, but he did a decent job on this!
    With you on this. Have to believe his West Point education had something to do with it. He approached this with the attitude of what is the best bang for the buck, with the limited resources I have, and upset the status quo as little as possible. Have to give credit where credit is due.

Got a buddy in Canada and we frequently talk. The wailing of the populace of Canada to open up isn't something you'll see but it's a big deal there. My bud asked, "Wait a minute. Your mask mandate is effectively ended. Your sporting events are at full capacity. Indoor dining is back. What are you doing different from what we are doing?"

We didn't elect an idiot prime minister.

"You win."

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    I get what your saying, but to blindly listen to the dummies we have running the US medical community is foolish. Did you hear that CDC Director "Dr." Walensky allowed public policy to be dictated by teacher's unions? That has the smell of confidence in the government medical community all over it. On top of that, I wouldn't listen to this fraud Fauci if he gave me free advice on how to blow my nose!

Other than that, I have no problems whatsoever, of anyone making a conscience personal decision to not get vaccinated. But if you do decide that you will pass on it, you can expect nothing from me in the way of taking precautions to protect you!

I am no longer a La. resident but just across the border in Tx. I agree some "officials" statements were and are BS. Early on some were saying masks were only to protect the people you were around if you were the one wearing a mask. I disagreed with that from the git go, saying masks work both ways, probably again not 100% effective.
    Growing up and going to grammar school in N. Louisiana starting in 1951, I do remember vaccinations being mandatory for school kids. The health dept came around at recommended times and gave at least booster shots,with no parental input.

I am with you, if someone refuses the vaccine, or to wear a mask, I feel no obligation or responsibility to provide care for them, they made their choice and can live or die with it. I will not risk my health or that of my elderly wife for that of another.

Again I know there has been a lot of BS from public officials, some from medical personnel, most from elected and appointed officials, but bottom line is that the science was and is correct, vaccines and masks work. I got my first vaccination the last week of Dec. and we have basically stayed home, only visitors have been my son and his family, and only away from home recreationally activity was taking the grandson to the rifle range, no movies, resturants, or sporting events. Basically go to doctors office, my wife and I both had cataract surgery, and she some other procedures, the grocery store, and auto dealer for some maintance and repair work, and plan on keeping that schedule for a while longer.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    With you on this. Have to believe his West Point education had something to do with it. He approached this with the attitude of what is the best bang for the buck, with the limited resources I have, and upset the status quo as little as possible. Have to give credit where credit is due.

Got a buddy in Canada and we frequently talk. The wailing of the populace of Canada to open up isn't something you'll see but it's a big deal there. My bud asked, "Wait a minute. Your mask mandate is effectively ended. Your sporting events are at full capacity. Indoor dining is back. What are you doing different from what we are doing?"

We didn't elect an idiot prime minister.

"You win."
    This only goes to show that all of the lockdown and mask pants wetting was 95% politics and 5% science. The scary thing is that the sheep populace went along with it for the most part

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

The flu vaccine (which I take every year and sometimes get sick and sometimes don’t) has been around for the better part of a century. And underwent decades of testing before hitting the market. Same as every other vaccine you listed.

COVID vaccines, on the other hand, didn’t exist a year ago. Taking this vaccine is a big gamble. Nobody knows the long term effects of it and won’t for decades. For some, it is worth the risk. If one is older and/or has a co-morbidity then it probably makes sense to risk it. But for those of us that don’t, it don’t agree that it is ‘stupid’ to refuse the vaccine.

Take the politics out of it? LOL. If we only could. The logic might prevail. Politics is deeply embedded in this anything related to COVID. The fact that the govt and the media (those who have lied to us on just about every damn issue over the last decade) are pushing this hard for us to take this vaccine makes me extremely skeptical

Last edited:
    Top Bottom