Meanwhile at the Legislature

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I think it's in Judiciary committee for whatever reason. I do believe it will become law this time around.

There are many bills being passed concerning 2A rights, concealed weapons laws concerning automatic knives, the cost of CCW permits I believe will be coming down as well as lifetime CCW permits costs going down.

A bunch of good legislation that will help the law-abiding gun owners here in Louisiana.

We have some good senators and representatives in Baton Rouge thank God.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Last year they waited until the last second and then JBE followed suit and did the same thing. I expect we won't hear anything further for at least a couple of weeks. I watched that one like a hawk and remember it being worse than counting down the days to summer as a kid lol

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Looks like HB37 will be heard in Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday.

SB143 (has residency reqt) was reported favorably out of House Committee and is now “Pending Legislative Bureau”

Running short on time as legislative session ends on June 6th

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Does anyone really believe it will be any different than last time? I think it will be another dog and pony show with the same results. It will play down to the last moment and then the familiar “look at us we tried”. These are politicians we are depending on.
    A lot of times it's not even "Look, we tried", it's actually all just a sham to use the popular/unpopular legislation as leverage for some other backdoor deal that (pick a side) wants to trade for... Rinse and repeat...:deadhorse:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Can you dumb that down for me please? Lol
    Haha. I am not sure that I can add any insight. From what I can tell, it appears to be progress and, I assume, heading for conference committee where they iron any differences between House and Senate bill and create final version to send to Edwards desk.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    A lot of times it's not even "Look, we tried", it's actually all just a sham to use the popular/unpopular legislation as leverage for some other backdoor deal that (pick a side) wants to trade for... Rinse and repeat...:deadhorse:
    Agreed. But continuing to introduce this year after year and having it pass House and Senate each time make it only a matter of time.

This is a strategy that has been successfully employed by the left in other states.

Also, look around us. FL is poised to go next. After that, the nearest state without permitless carry will be SC

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've seen many acronyms. CWP, CHP, CCW, etc., etc... I think everyone gets the point. At least everyone that has one knows what it is, or at least they should.
    To me and I'm not important but if someone wants to talk about something call it the right name. I've been calling it CHP since I got mine when they started years ago.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I've got no doubt that if it gets to his desk, JBE is gonna veto it again. "As we still mourn the tragic deaths of innocents in Buffalo, we must recognize that more guns on the street is not the answer." He's the worst kind of pantywaist simp Democrat that falls in line lock-step with the party playbook, and being Louisiana, as someone else above stated, some leverage will be applied on some other legislative deal and we'll once again get told what's best for us by those who believe they know better, because they're mostly pantywaist simps as well.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I've got no doubt that if it gets to his desk, JBE is gonna veto it again. "As we still mourn the tragic deaths of innocents in Buffalo, we must recognize that more guns on the street is not the answer." He's the worst kind of pantywaist simp Democrat that falls in line lock-step with the party playbook, and being Louisiana, as someone else above stated, some leverage will be applied on some other legislative deal and we'll once again get told what's best for us by those who believe they know better, because they're mostly pantywaist simps as well.
    We will fix this mistake by electing a real Governor in ‘23. Keep your powder dry and keep pushing our Congresscritters to do the right thing and continue to move this forward

Patience is the key here

Top Bottom