Meanwhile at the Legislature

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    How is this type of shananagans even allowed in parliamentary procedure? They can simply re-write a bill on the Senate floor that has passed the House, has passed through committee and is being considered for final vote?
    i don't understand that either... it should be some sort of law you cant ride the coat tail of a bill and when it makes it to the senate floor, then completely re write it for what you want then pass it with the steam it already has going ...

Another example of how the gov is working for YOU!!!!! This is disgusting :puke:

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    i don't understand that either... it should be some sort of law you cant ride the coat tail of a bill and when it makes it to the senate floor, then completely re write it for what you want then pass it with the steam it already has going ...

Another example of how the gov is working for YOU!!!!! This is disgusting :puke:
    I could not agree more. I actually have zero issue with what they're proposing but the way they went about it is another story altogether

dragginass

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    In case you didn't read the link I posted

Don't know bout you , but gutted means no constitutional carry again this year..

It's for the children

SB143 has not been gutted, and has moved favorably out of committee. The house bill was gutted. We should all still anxiously be watching SB143 and contacting our representatives.

Pull-1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2018
    Lake Providence, La.
    SB143 has not been gutted, and has moved favorably out of committee. The house bill was gutted. We should all still anxiously be watching SB143 and contacting our representatives.

Dang, this is getting confusing. Thanks for the clarification.

Sapperboomboom

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2017
    Slidell
    Favoritism
    I could have misread. I read that it cuts out most all of the residents of Louisiana. Favors a few.

Am I wrong?
    In my opinion any kind of permitless carry is a foot in the door. I also believe that there are active and veteran members of the armed forces that will have more experience and training than any civilian can have. That have already proved their knowledge, skill, and upstanding character and whom shouldn't have to apply for and prove it twice.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

I agree. I also don’t like the fact that a Governor can veto a bill the people voted on.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    In my opinion the Constitution and Bill of Rights were to be applied to All Americans equally.
    I 100% agree. I’m a veteran so if I read it correctly I can carry once it passes any way I please, open or concealed without a permit. Why me as a veteran but not the next guy who legally purchased his firearm? Doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t agree with it. Hopefully this is just one step closer to finally giving all gun owners the right to carry concealed next year

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    That bill really is trash. So as a veteran to carry without a permit I have to carry a copy of my DD214 with me at all times? Should I go purchase a folder or binder to carry it with me at all times. That’s ridiculous.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    once they are allowed to settle on a favoritism criteria, how long will it be before You fall out of Favor?
    “You” being the favored class, persons, etc.

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    In my opinion any kind of permitless carry is a foot in the door. I also believe that there are active and veteran members of the armed forces that will have more experience and training than any civilian can have. That have already proved their knowledge, skill, and upstanding character and whom shouldn't have to apply for and prove it twice.
    My firearms training in the Navy was 24 shots with an M1.

Sapperboomboom

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2017
    Slidell
    That bill really is trash. So as a veteran to carry without a permit I have to carry a copy of my DD214 with me at all times? Should I go purchase a folder or binder to carry it with me at all times. That’s ridiculous.
    If you read the bill it states other ways of identification besides a copy of a DD214.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    this hole gutting the bill has got me pretty upset... Not only have they stole another year from us but they have completely pulled the wool over many Louisianan's eyes....

Think about it, they flat out played us.....

Mid term elections are coming up, all the republicans and democrats that voted for this and positively pushed for it, which by the way was a record favorable vote on both sides of the house, knew all along that they had a plan of some how completely stopping and gutting it before it made it to King Edwards, he prob told them not to make him have to strike it down and look like a bad guy again ,and changing the whole theme of it... Its a win win for them!!!! For the sheep-people who wanted it to pass and it didnt just say oh well they tried hard thats for sure im gonna vote for them again.... For the people who didnt want it, aint got a dog in the fight and never followed it in the first place so they gonna vote for the same ol'trash.... All the while they didnt have to gut it at all, all they had to do was add about the school carry to it and let it keep rolling....

Now the scrip has flipped look at Ol' bill cassidy working on an anti gun law.... Its a sad day and time we are living in with these so called leaders tearing down our society and stripping us of our constitutional rights

Top Bottom