Mike the Tiger has been Euthanized

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Sad to say that after declining condition and quality of life, Mike VI has been euthanized.

You will be missed buddy.

IMG_0582.jpg

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Ever consider that some people (myself included) do actually have a personal relationship with Mike? Or how about people who have family and pets who have cancer or have died of it?

I considered it for a second and made the comment anyway. Life is tough, people will continue to say things you won't like.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Call me what you want, Im just not silly enough to claim to have a "personal relationship" as you call it with an apex predator kept in captivity for you and little kids to stare at.

Clearly you are a tough guy interweb warrior. Thanks for letting us all know. I personally was a part of Mikes care and medical treatment, so no I didn't develop a relationship by staring at him.

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be a Mike VII?

They are currently looking into getting a Mike VII

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Clearly you are a tough guy interweb warrior. Thanks for letting us all know. I personally was a part of Mikes care and medical treatment, so no I didn't develop a relationship by staring at him.
    - - - Updated - - -

Thank you, I try to keep my internet toughness well exercised.

Out of curiosity, are you a vet? or part of the group that will make the rug?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

- - - Updated - - -

They are currently looking into getting a Mike VII

Somebody call for a tough guy internet warrior?

a9db69a679d2d32c9f8ded283c2ba642.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    That's a shame.
    I really hope they don't go that route.

Any Tiger we decide to make into Mike VII will be a tiger from a rescue organization here in the US. We will argueably offer better care than the majority of captive large cats in the country/world. The next Mike, if there is one, will never have a chance to be a wild tiger again (if it ever was).

I don't advocate capturing and domesticating wild animals, the exact opposite actually, but the next Mike will be getting top quality care.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    The Tiger Truck Stop can keep their tiger alive, seems like LSU just dropped the ball. (pun intended)

Last edited:

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Any Tiger we decide to make into Mike VII will be a tiger from a rescue organization here in the US. We will argueably offer better care than the majority of captive large cats in the country/world. The next Mike, if there is one, will never have a chance to be a wild tiger again (if it ever was).

I don't advocate capturing and domesticating wild animals, the exact opposite actually, but the next Mike will be getting top quality care.

Didn't know there were domestic tiger rescue organizations.
    (Or a need for them, really.)
    Something new each day.

Top Bottom