Mike the Tiger has been Euthanized

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    They rescue them right off the boat from India.

Sure, I understand that tigers are not indigenous to our country.
    Or even our continent for that matter.
    Having said that, if people import them, most likely illegally, for whatever reason, it is good that those tigers who are recovered have responsible guardianship.
    Now, whether a sporting team can/should provide such guardianship is up for debate.
    But the alternative is quite dire; am certain sending them back from whence they came is likely impossible or not practicable for many reasons.

Please feel free to debate amongst yourself.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Sure, I understand that tigers are not indigenous to our country.
    Or even our continent for that matter.
    Having said that, if people import them, most likely illegally, for whatever reason, it is good that those tigers who are recovered have responsible guardianship.
    Now, whether a sporting team can/should provide such guardianship is up for debate.
    But the alternative is quite dire; am certain sending them back from whence they came is likely impossible or not practicable for many reasons.

Please feel free to debate amongst yourself.

Personally I don't give two hoots who owns what so long as it doesn't endanger me or mine and the animal is treated right (and even then it ain't my animal). I do feel like abusing an animal is wrong but most places don't get into trouble for flogging and chaining their tigers. The animals of whatever endangered species we discuss by in large have better and longer lives than their wild counterparts and some live better than humans.

Again I really don't give two hoots either way just thinking in term of laissez faire.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Play nice everyone.

It's a sad day for all of us Tigers out there. Mike lived a good life for a cat and definitely made an awesome impression on many! #GeauxMike and #GeauxTigers

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    All trolling aside, Id like to explain my jerkiness.

It really bothers me when I have Mike the Tiger memorial crap scrolling across my news feed and see parents bring their kids to tape letters and pictures and whatever else to Mike's enclosure. These are parents that have never once taught their children to write to St. Jude children, active duty military and/or fallen LEO families. Sure, SOME may have done that and people will get on here and say "my kid does this, and my kid does that" but if you believe you are in the majority you are kidding yourself. We live in the world of distractions and we are not teaching our kids what is important. If you didn't tell your kid Mike had cancer then they could put a different tiger in the cage every week and they would never know. We pick absolutely BS things in life to over dramatize and forget about the things that really matter. Its simply a pet peeve of mine. I sincerely apologize to anyone that was truly distraught and emotionally frayed by my trolling.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish

It really bothers me when I have Mike the Tiger memorial crap scrolling across my news feed and see parents bring their kids to tape letters and pictures and whatever else to Mike's enclosure. These are parents that have never once taught their children to write to St. Jude children, active duty military and/or fallen LEO families. Sure, SOME may have done that and people will get on here and say "my kid does this, and my kid does that" but if you believe you are in the majority you are kidding yourself. We live in the world of distractions and we are not teaching our kids what is important. If you didn't tell your kid Mike had cancer then they could put a different tiger in the cage every week and they would never know. We pick absolutely BS things in life to over dramatize and forget about the things that really matter. Its simply a pet peeve of mine. I sincerely apologize to anyone that was truly distraught and emotionally frayed by my trolling.

I completely agree with you.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Trolling for the sick children, priceless! :p

All kidding aside, I am the last one you need to be taking your frustration out on in regards to the impacts of cancer. I've lost two childhood friends to cancer recently. I do agree that people need to be supportive and aware of the suffering of others, but you have a strange way of drawing attention to that topic. No hard feelings.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    RIP - Mike
    Just my opinion - If your not an animal lover (1st) or LSU fan (2nd), keep your comments to yourself.
    LSU fans are a holes, including me!
    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    RIP - Mike
    Just my opinion - If your not an animal lover (1st) or LSU fan (2nd), keep your comments to yourself.
    LSU fans are a holes, including me!
    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

I particularly like the ones that drive the purple and gold trucks, have lsu tattoos, etc yet have never stepped foot in an lsu classroom or paid for a child to go there. I watch them every weekend and just shake my head. If miles put Harris in one more time I think they would have been bailing off the top of the stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I considered it for a second and made the comment anyway. Life is tough, people will continue to say things you won't like.

News feeds will continue to show stuff you won't like.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Trolling for the sick children, priceless! :p

All kidding aside, I am the last one you need to be taking your frustration out on in regards to the impacts of cancer. I've lost two childhood friends to cancer recently. I do agree that people need to be supportive and aware of the suffering of others, but you have a strange way of drawing attention to that topic. No hard feelings.

I think you still missed his point. Americans have this freakish obsession about getting all worked up over things that have nothing to do with them, but won't give two hoots to political corruption, ghetto crime run wild, ect. ect. Now we know you were close to Mike, but there a millions (I assume) all over Facebook blubbering about this horrible loss who five minute prior to the post had no clue Mike existed. I think that's why he was trolling.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I particularly like the ones that drive the purple and gold trucks, have lsu tattoos, etc yet have never stepped foot in an lsu classroom or paid for a child to go there. I watch them every weekend and just shake my head. If miles put Harris in one more time I think they would have been bailing off the top of the stadium

I whole heartedly agree. I do enjoy the free entertainment I gain from watching those guys.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I whole heartedly agree. I do enjoy the free entertainment I gain from watching those guys.

Even more so when lsu loses. I've worked all but a few home games for the past 17yrs, I've seen crazy lsu fans do some funny stuff.

Top Bottom