Military Brand weapon of choice for rifles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    When I was in, I was a weapons courier and weapons account manager, and all the M16 from my squadron were Colt. EOD did their own weapons, even though they were part of Civil Eng squadron, but they have M4s(no idea of MFG) and a Barrett M82. Obviously, we had Beretta M9s, as well.

Of course, all our M16s were VERY old, some of them had maintenance records going back to the 70s(those papers were freakin' yellow). This is the AF, as well, so we don't exactly get all the new weapons, anyway, so some of those M16s had probably passed through a few soldier's and Marine's hands before an Airman ever laid eyes on them.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Every M16 I was issued was a Colt as well. Of course, the Seabees were not on the receiving end of "brand-spanking new weapons"....................ever.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    My friend said they had knights armament M16A4's in USMC boot camp about a month or two ago

KAC has never produced M16s on contract for the DOD ever. Boot Camps are where rifles go to die so if there are old(pre 1996) M16s that's where they will be.

Top Bottom