Missouri turns Post-Katrina N.O. after teen death by LEO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    From Ferguson? What are the odds :eek4:
    I'm not far outside STL in a more rural setting. I like the city, but I like being just close enough to visit it for day trips, and that's all :) I have lots of friends in area, and it turns out one of the guys in a club I'm a part of lives in, or right by, Ferguson. So a friend of mine set up his scanner and a laptop so that it records and streams the police scanner traffic. It's helped a few people safely avoid and plan for the trouble. It's also been a good way to sift through some ******** being spread around.

/u/criptoe is him: http://www.reddit.com/live/tdrph3y49ftn/
    His feed: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-louis-county-police-scanner

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm not far outside STL in a more rural setting. I like the city, but I like being just close enough to visit it for day trips, and that's all :) I have lots of friends in area, and it turns out one of the guys in a club I'm a part of lives in, or right by, Ferguson. So a friend of mine set up his scanner and a laptop so that it records and streams the police scanner traffic. It's helped a few people safely avoid and plan for the trouble. It's also been a good way to sift through some ******** being spread around.

/u/criptoe is him: http://www.reddit.com/live/tdrph3y49ftn/
    His feed: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-louis-county-police-scanner

Well that's interesting!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    He wanted it.... Who STEALS things, multiple times none the less, and sticks around.... He was waiting for the cops, than ran towards them saying "shoot ME!"

Honestly I think, in his head, he wanted to be famous for exposing police using excessive force, only to encounter them using just cause....

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thankfully there's a pretty good storm rolling through the area, but I don't think it'll last long. Maybe it'll take some of the steam out of the protests and keep it from building up too much tonight.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    I've got lots of friends in the area, and I've been living about 45 mins from the area for the past 9 months. Any questions for a local?

Since nobody has asked you the obvious yet…

How many boxes of hair extensions/beauty products did you get? How much you selling them for? :mamoru:

Glad you and your friends are ok. I will probably tune into the feed a little later.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The other Ferguson shooting video was released, NSFW

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df3_1408576637

Walking up to the cops with a knife yelling "shoot me" just seems like a terrible idea. Like really. I wonder if the guy gave ANY thought to that. And then the dude recording the video saying they shouldn't have shot him. ********. Someone comes at you with a knife and looks like they might try to poke you with it all while yelling you better shoot me...well...that video shows exactly what happens.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Walking up to the cops with a knife yelling "shoot me" just seems like a terrible idea. Like really. I wonder if the guy gave ANY thought to that. And then the dude recording the video saying they shouldn't have shot him. ********. Someone comes at you with a knife and looks like they might try to poke you with it all while yelling you better shoot me...well...that video shows exactly what happens.

Just another panzy suicide-by-cop with no regard for the cop who he may have just ruined.

I haven't heard any chatter of outrage over this one other than by retarded news-blog writers trying to loosely tie it to the problem of cops with more toys than training.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    What's the climate like as far as
    for or against the Officer?

Fair Trial? I think not if it comes to that?

The people who are normally anti-cop are still anti-cop.
    The people who always side with cops regardless are still on the cops side.
    Most people still worried about the case just want people to STFU and wait for the facts - we don't have any good SUBSTANTIATED evidence about anything. If you follow the "source trail" about the orbital socket injury claims, they go back to "a source local to St Louis" - and I'm sorry but if they have no authority worth mentioning, greater than "well he was in the area" then I don't buy it yet.

However

The vast, vast majority of people stopped caring about the case and are more concerned with the civil liberty implications of the ****ed up responses by various police. People, lots of people, are very, very, very upset about having rights stripped away, or having them come with "strings attached" (first amendment areas where the press can be, but not outside it) (you can protest but you can't stand still - what a joke. What about the crippled?)

The biggest thing that's come of this is the awareness that throwing technology, tools, gear and toys at a problem will solve nothing, and that instead of funding police departments with equipment, we should have been funding them with education. Maybe a 80/20 Education/Equipment ratio, but certainly not this "oh just give them an APC" and imagine all the problems are solved.

ETA: One point being brought up SOME of the time, is whether or not the application of the State Of Emergency was just, and whether or not we need reform or restraints on just HOW MUCH the State can ignore, in regards to civil rights, during a SoE.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Major News outlets are claiming he(Officer Wilson) had serious facial injuries
    and hospital pictures and x-rays were taken which the Grand Jury will see.

Just saying, about the Orbital Fracture if that's indeed what it was.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Major News outlets are claiming he(Officer Wilson) had serious facial injuries
    and hospital pictures and x-rays were taken which the Grand Jury will see.

Just saying, about the Orbital Fracture if that's indeed what it was.
    I think they're all citing eachother. I saw Fox, first, among the MSM, and they made the same claim as the local STL newsblog that originated the "breaking story". Fox was calling it a "local source" and "insider" with no other mention. At this point, though, with how horrible the media has been with pushing out false information before it's confirmed, retracting it despite the damage, and repeating it all over and over... I'm waiting for actual published "Here it is" rather than going off gossip-column quality BS.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Good to see you again JNieman, and thanks for being a local source. Please keep us up to date if you can, as you get actual facts. They've been nearly impossible to come by.

And I agree that if it comes to that, the officer will probably get a fair trial. What happens during/after it, well... not much would surprise me at this point.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

Love the end when the missing link with the camera says, I got it all, I got it all on tape. They just shot that man down."

Well, duh.

I'm getting a better handle on evolution. Not all members of a given species evolve. Some get left behind.

Top Bottom