MLBaseball fans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Season's started. It's kinda strange to be in a state without an actual ball team. My boss grew up watching the Cubs, another boss the Braves, and another is a freaking Yankees fan - because "Well if I'm gonna pick a team to be a fan of, I may as well pick the one that wins the most!" pft. I tease him relentlessly.

Last year around September or October I told myself I was done with MLB. I spent too much time watching games that could have been spent doing more productive things. However, I caught my first spring training game of the year on tv a month ago. I saw the grass, the jerseys, the sounds - and I bought my year-long subscription to MLB.TV the next day :(

I'm from Missouri initially, a Cardinals fan all my life - and still am. I enjoy watching the Astros and the Rangers, but am not sure which to adopt as my secondary fandom... I guess with Berkman on the Cardinals roster now *barf* I could be an Astros fan ;)

My dad's dad was an iron worker until retirement, and he was there for the building of Busch Stadium II / Busch Memorial Stadium. It sucked watching it be torn down but the new park is glorious. I've been to it for games twice, now, and both times it was rained out. I drive/fly 900 miles to get to STL from here and get rained out. Hoping 3rd time's a charm, and that I can make it this year.

Otherwise I'll have to settle for Minute Maid Park!

How's everyone's outlook for the beginning of the year with their team?

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I'm a life-long sox fan - we should be fairly tough, but it just seems that something is missing. Plus the AL East is just stupid tough too.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Oh snap. Fished up a Yankees fann and a sox fan in the first two replies, lol. This thread will be good.

Dude i was talking to at the bar last night was pissed over Youkilis being a failure and old. Y'all got the bats, though, thats for sure.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Well growing up in Alabama and Louisiana.....not much baseball to watch. I have always liked the Braves and yes......the Yankees. I will keep up with those two teams during the season some.....but dont really watch till the playoffs, if those teams are in it.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Season's started. It's kinda strange to be in a state without an actual ball team. My boss grew up watching the Cubs, another boss the Braves, and another is a freaking Yankees fan - because "Well if I'm gonna pick a team to be a fan of, I may as well pick the one that wins the most!" pft. I tease him relentlessly.

Last year around September or October I told myself I was done with MLB. I spent too much time watching games that could have been spent doing more productive things. However, I caught my first spring training game of the year on tv a month ago. I saw the grass, the jerseys, the sounds - and I bought my year-long subscription to MLB.TV the next day :(

I'm from Missouri initially, a Cardinals fan all my life - and still am. I enjoy watching the Astros and the Rangers, but am not sure which to adopt as my secondary fandom... I guess with Berkman on the Cardinals roster now *barf* I could be an Astros fan ;)
    My dad's dad was an iron worker until retirement, and he was there for the building of Busch Stadium II / Busch Memorial Stadium. It sucked watching it be torn down but the new park is glorious. I've been to it for games twice, now, and both times it was rained out. I drive/fly 900 miles to get to STL from here and get rained out. Hoping 3rd time's a charm, and that I can make it this year.

Otherwise I'll have to settle for Minute Maid Park!

How's everyone's outlook for the beginning of the year with their team?

As a lifelong Astro's fan, all the way back to when Nolan Ryan pitched in the Astrodome,I have to say... DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!! Surely there is a little league team in your area. You'd save $$$ and watch better quality baseball! :rolleyes:
    It disgusts me to watch any successful entity destroyed by incompentent buffoons, it's a 11ty billions times harder to watch those same buffoons destroy your beloved team. :wtc:

In the mean time, I'll busy myself praying for simultaneous asteroid impacts on Yankee Stadium, Citizen's Bank Park, Fenway, and Busch! ;) :D:D

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    lol ^

I ain't gonna replace the Cardinals as my #1 team, even if this year will be PAINFUL to watch. I just want someone to follow when I'm at the bars to watch a game - because most of the time, the Cardinals aren't on in this area, or if they are, the barmaid is too thick to know how to change the channel. Anymore I tend to go to Buffalo Wild Wings because they're the easiest and quickest to satisfy the customers' TV needs, lol.

Top Bottom