More Murder in NOLA.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    If you have ever been to a training class or a range where Gretna cops were actually shooting, you wouldn't be so impressed. Meets POST standards from what I saw but not much more. I've been better groupings from .410 birdshot at 50yds+ lol.

Let the thrashing begin.
    Well actually I have that was a small percentage 5/6 if I remember correctly, still impressed. The are not the Honest Outlaw or hickock 45, but they are capable.

The police I have interacted with as a whole are not “gun” people, they are cops. They learn and know what they have to know. They are not marksmen as a whole, but a few are.

just like driving, everyone thinks they are a good driver, only a select few know they aren’t.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I won't deny, there are officers out there that are amazing marksman, problem solvers, negotiators,etc... and overall great at what they do. That is an absolute truth. But I do feel that with a role such as what these guys are in, one would think they would be held to standards higher than, "know what you need to know" and push to know more and be better. That's just part of bettering yourself. I'm just a Automotive technician with certifications in Ford and Honda, however I still study what other makes are doing, TSB's, recalls, etc... So that I can be be better than just knowing what I "need" to know.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I won't deny, there are officers out there that are amazing marksman, problem solvers, negotiators,etc... and overall great at what they do. That is an absolute truth. But I do feel that with a role such as what these guys are in, one would think they would be held to standards higher than, "know what you need to know" and push to know more and be better. That's just part of bettering yourself. I'm just a Automotive technician with certifications in Ford and Honda, however I still study what other makes are doing, TSB's, recalls, etc... So that I can be be better than just knowing what I "need" to know.

Show us a picture of your POST Course with the score.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Who is t0 say “what I need to know” translates into being the greatest marksman ever. Some officers have never pulled a gun and fired a shot in the line of duty in their entire career.

Maybe something important they can do everyday is more important. Going on a call that is a domestic situation, where the “victim“ decides to turn on the cop. Or how about a traffic stop. More cops are probably ambushed/shot during a traffic stop than anything.

Knowing how to safely maneuver these “daily” situations seems more important to me. Only 24 hours in a day. The clock rests for no man.

I have read cops miss about 1/3 of their shots on average. They are human, adrenalin, stress, & emotions affect them also.

I would rather see them get home safely to their families than be able to out-shoot Riggs in Lethal Weapon.

Top Bottom