Most you would Pay for 22lr ammo?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    What was the lost of the last 22Lr you bought?
    Last 22 i got was WalMart Federal Bulk 550's at $16.97 and was mad it went up.
    And CCI Mini Mags as a gift for my wife since they were Troy Landry and she collects stuff from the show.
    Some Surplus Rem 5000ct cases from the CMP for $90 as i like to shoot Standard Vol. in the Colt Ace
    No not bragging, just refuse to pay the crazy prices. Shooting 9mm cast is cheaper
    What do ya'll think the new norm price will be? I think when self is full again the new normal small bulk 300 at $25.
    And the new normal Bulk at $28-$30, and $10 a box of 100 CCI Mini?
    So wonder if anyone here is paying the 50-75 bucks i see asked at times.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Who said 4 cents a round?
    I wasn't sure when was the last time I saw it that cheap. So I had to go bust open a couple of sealed and desiccant treated cans to see. I really hate doing that. Low and behold, it wasn't that cheap even after the Clinton days dissipated, when ammo prices fell lower than almost a decade before.
    In the mid Bush Jr days it was the lowest. I distinctly remember 9mm FMJ for less than $5/50. I also remember the days of 5.56 lake city for 17 cents per round, .44 mag was $15/50 for JHP, etc. I'm just reading price tags from stuff I have that I can remember when I bought it. I wish everybody here had stocked up during those times. Then I wouldn't feel so bad and we could all be happy and talk about happy things. Like all the happy little trees...
    aqebe7aj.jpg
    y7u2a7ub.jpg
    rubu3aqy.jpg

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Yup I hope it comes back down but when has a price on something like that ever gone that direction?
    I agree I used to buy Diesel at barely over and under a buck a gallon in 1994 when I got a Dodge 2500.
    I know lead and brass cost more now then before the 22 scare / shortage.
    But when I it normalizes... I wonder if it will end up being like a said above, @ Bulk at $28-$30, and $10 a box of 100 CCI Mini?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Who said 4 cents a round?
    I wasn't sure when was the last time I saw it that cheap.
    So I had to go bust open a couple of sealed and desiccant treated cans to see. I really hate doing that.
    Low and behold, it wasn't that cheap even after the Clinton days dissipated,
    when ammo prices fell lower than almost a decade before.

It cost more than $.04 a round from distributors...

I just bought a Fed. 525 Bulk Box from Cabela's for $23 (0.04¢ per rnd)
    and a couple days later a 500 Blazer Brick for $26 (0.05¢ per rnd),
    that I got in the mail yesterday.

:dunno:

I won't go any higher than that,
    unless it NEVER comes back down to it.

/

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Academy in Covington has alot of boxes right now 5 bucks abox of 50 aguila and the same for some aguila colibri, have plenty as I type this.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I just bought a Fed. 525 Bulk Box from Cabela's for $23 (0.04¢ per rnd)
    and a couple days later a 500 Blazer Brick for $26 (0.05¢ per rnd),
    that I got in the mail yesterday.

:dunno:

I won't go any higher than that,
    unless it NEVER comes back down to it.

/

Same here. 0.04¢ per round is my top number too unless it never goes back down and that's only if I REALLY need it. Before all the insanity I was buying bricks for much less than that at WallyWurld.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    For what it is worth Ferrara Firearms price seems reasonable and looked like he was hardly making anything on it.
    I have never got anything from him yet. I figured his price was kinda like a guy I knew who had a gas station. That he was selling cheap and hoping you would get other things while at his shop. Same as my dads friend " He would make like a few cents on gas and paid more than the companies sold in their own stores" but made his real $$ on services and other things.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I have been finding it ok prices through cabelas mainly. Picked up 2200 rounds with an ammo can for $99 shipped not long ago. Bought Blazer 500 packs for $23 last week.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Jan 2013 I bought two 525 bricks of Remington golden bullets for $25 a piece for a cousin of mine who had just picked up a Sig Mosquito long slide.
    I have bought match ammo at .12-.20 a round, my gun likes .16 the best.
    Bulk at .05 tops

I haven't needed to buy any bulk for myself in self in a few years.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    I started buying .22 ammo in late January this year. The last time I bought .22 ammo was probably 2000 - 2002. I paid .02 to .03 per round then depending on brand and type.

I've paid as high as .06 for some Remington HP and as low as .04 for Federal and Winchester. I don't think .04 to .06 is bad considering the prices of other items I buy on a weekly basis like milk for $5 to $7 a gallon or quality dog food for $35 a bag.

Once it hits the shelves with a good supply, demand will drop and the prices will reflect to a point. Maybe 10 to 20% more than before the shortage hit.

Top Bottom