Most you would Pay for 22lr ammo?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I just bought a Fed. 525 Bulk Box from Cabela's for $23 (0.04¢ per rnd)
    and a couple days later a 500 Blazer Brick for $26 (0.05¢ per rnd),
    that I got in the mail yesterday.

:dunno:

I won't go any higher than that,
    unless it NEVER comes back down to it.

/

I got the same brick in from cabelas yesterday. (Blazer)

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I have paid as much as 10 cents per round but that was back when my stash had gotten REAL low . I'm back up to a comfortable level now and I'm not really buying any unless it's a super good deal .

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    anything more than 6 cents a round and I smirk and walk away.

seriously guys I don't get why anyone is buying this, at all.

1) many other pistol calibers are cheaper, plink with that.
    2) rifle ammo is cheap as hell right now- just sayin.
    3) contrary to what doomsday preppers states, you don't NEED 500,000 rounds under your guest bed. If you're actually shooting and replenishing your stock- WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING THIS?

I know we all need "more ammo" but you're probably contributing to the problem more than you realize.

If you are concerned with shooting small game for survival after the chinese zombies invade during social collapse from the superaids outbreak, then get yourself a decent pellet rifle. cheap rounds- much quieter, same result.

Last edited:

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana

3) contrary to what doomsday preppers states, you don't NEED 500,000 rounds under your guest bed. If you're actually shooting and replenishing your stock- WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING THIS?

I know we all need "more ammo" but you're probably contributing to the problem more than you realize.

If you are concerned with shooting small game for survival after the chinese zombies invade during social collapse from the superaids outbreak, then get yourself a decent pellet rifle. cheap rounds- much quieter, same result.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=263959870435875&set=vb.211857118979484&type=2&theater

Yeah, I need 500,000 rounds...

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA

Exactly where can we find these many other pistol cartridges for .06 or less a round as you stated? Last I checked on 9mm and .38 special ammo it's running about .40 per round and up. Can't recall ever seeing any of the common loads for $4 -$6 per 50 rounds.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Exactly where can we find these many other pistol cartridges for .06 or less a round as you stated? Last I checked on 9mm and .38 special ammo it's running about .40 per round and up. Can't recall ever seeing any of the common loads for $4 -$6 per 50 rounds.

He didn't say you could get other pistol cartridges for under .06/rd.

Some folks are paying > .30/rd for 22lr. You can find other cartridges for cheaper than that.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T

That's right; that's RIGHT!

1sbzhrwdg8htbhuxqnl6.jpg

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Brass cased 9mm is around $.30 a round, .40 around $.40 We have .22lr between $.07-$.16 depending on the box size and round. Some of the match ammo is up there in price, same way with some of the specialty 9mm loads, some subsonic loads sell for $.50 a round, I try to point out that the 147g stuff that is cheap is subsonic but some people insist on buying that black box that says suppressor ammo on it?!?!?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I like when guys toss out 9mm at $0.06 a round price. Now way no how.
    Not factory stuff only way I is like i do.
    Dad gave me a free Keg of Red Dot, Have a ton of brass already, and have primers i got long ago fir 20 bucks a 1000.
    And the bullets are cast with WW lead i get free from a friends tires shop or bought at 1.00-1.25 a pound and lube with Lars White Label Lube {Red Carnuba}
    Takes me some time but the wife and kids and neighbor kids enjoyed shooting the 3rd Gen S&W's and 1911
    http://s234.photobucket.com/user/fast340six/slideshow/Red Carnuba
    I never really worried about the 22lr being shot. I would just bust open a box of bulk and let them enjoy them self. It has been quite some time.
    But I had a guy want to buy a bulk box from me and I said no and then let the kids blast it out the MK2 Ruger, Colt Ace and Sig 522. He thought I was an idiot for passing up 45-50 bucks and letting them just blow it.
    If you went to the movies what would it cost more than that and I paid cheap for it. So the loss of not selling it was worth the $$ lost in entertainment

Last edited:

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    From the CMP today

AGUILA .22LR AND .30 CARBINE AMMO PRICE INCREASES. For the past seven years CMP has purchased Aguila ammunition from Centurion Ordnance, Helotes, TX. Centurion Ordnance is no longer the U.S. distributor for Aguila ammunition. The sole U.S. distributor for Aguila ammunition now is Texas Armament & Technology (TX-AT) in Houston, TX. Yesterday we received new pricing from TX-AT and adjusted our selling prices accordingly. Prices now are as follows:

Aguila Standard Velocity .22LR, 5000 rd case,
    CMP item number 419ASVSE, increase from
    $260 to $305 per case.

Aguila Target Golden Eagle .22LR, 5000 rd case,
    CMP item number 419ASVGE, increase from
    $385 to $445 per case.
    Well without shipping the Golden Eagle is over 8-cents/rnd.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    From the CMP today

AGUILA .22LR AND .30 CARBINE AMMO PRICE INCREASES. For the past seven years CMP has purchased Aguila ammunition from Centurion Ordnance, Helotes, TX. Centurion Ordnance is no longer the U.S. distributor for Aguila ammunition. The sole U.S. distributor for Aguila ammunition now is Texas Armament & Technology (TX-AT) in Houston, TX. Yesterday we received new pricing from TX-AT and adjusted our selling prices accordingly. Prices now are as follows:

Aguila Standard Velocity .22LR, 5000 rd case,
    CMP item number 419ASVSE, increase from
    $260 to $305 per case.

Aguila Target Golden Eagle .22LR, 5000 rd case,
    CMP item number 419ASVGE, increase from
    $385 to $445 per case.
    Well without shipping the Golden Eagle is over 8-cents/rnd.

No more sales of it in E store. I saw this last week at the CMP site/forums
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=129594

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    There are plenty times I've seen .22 ammo available through Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro for .04 to .10 a round. I've bought it as high as .08 per round and that was for copper coated HP's in a 100 pk. Still, at .10 a round for .22 you are way cheaper than any commercially available center fire cartridge. At that price I can pick up 150 rounds for $15 vs. 50 of a center fire round.

Yes, there are some folks out there paying .30 plus per round but most of us are not in that group. I picked up some 525 Winchester at Gander Mountain in Houston the last time I passed through for $19.99. That's .038 per round. I paid .02 for some I picked up over 10 years ago. Not much of an increase. I've bought some through Cabela's before it even was listed on Gunbot.

If someone is in dire need of some just do a little research and you can find it for .06 very ofter. Call Bass Pro on Friday mornings as this seems to be when they put it out. They had some last Sunday. Cabela's had that large stash I posted the other day.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Its got to be a age or generation thing. I just paid 10 per 100 for CCI and really didn't have a problem with it. I never saw the golden age of cheap ammo. This is kinda the prices I'm used to so it didn't hurt to bad.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Its got to be a age or generation thing. I just paid 10 per 100 for CCI and really didn't have a problem with it. I never saw the golden age of cheap ammo. This is kinda the prices I'm used to so it didn't hurt to bad.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

You're talking apples and oranges. CCI is premium 22LR ammo. We are talking about econo size 550 round bricks of plinking 22LR, not small amounts of the "good stuff".

Top Bottom