Movies Kill People Ban All Movie Production

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    61721174ed980.image.jpg

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/n...cle_9612afc6-32c5-11ec-9e2e-e3cc47b69ce5.html

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Kinda ironic , an anti gun nut used a gun to kill another person while they were filming a movie about killing people .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I saw this yesterday and was wondering why he would have the gun pointed at anybody that is not in the movie. I’m waiting to see what the *investigation* finds out. I’m not a fan of this guy so when I see him out in the parking lot showing the whole world how upset he is my first thought is he’s playing a role to diminish his liability. To this group of people guns are the reason for everything bad in the world. If this is the case, why was he so careless when he shot these individuals? Time will tell.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lot of speculation but not much to go on. Nothing but common sense… think about it for a minute.
    They need to find out who introduced live rounds into the set.
    As far as where he was pointing the gun, he was probably pointing and shooting where he was directed to do so. As in, by the director. So they could get the camera angles they wanted? Think about it. The only reason they put a gun in his hand and wanted him to shoot is to get footage of him shooting the gun. Not for any effect downrange or anything else. Assuming the gun was harmless, anyone involved may have positioned themselves in the line of fire when they weren’t expecting any live fire, only flash and report.
    The whole reason for using a prop is so they don’t have to worry about where the gun is pointing. The safety measures involved are in making certain the prop gun is harmless (Of course a blank gun can kill you if discharged with the muzzle against your head). They use props so they can knowingly present the gun in an unsafe manner to film the scene. Imagine a sword fighting scene. If they accidentally used an authentic katana there would be blood, but a couple of prop swords can be banged together and slapped across a torso for the scene and no injury, but you couldn’t do that with a
    sharp edged blade.
    Somehow live ammo was introduced into whatever firearm he was using. I’m assuming they use real firearms loaded with blanks for realism. Maybe they need to reevaluate their use of these weapons and have blank only firing props, like the 8mm blank pistols and such that have nearly identical actions and do everything but spit projectiles.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    [FONT=&quot]Wonder if they had the barrel plugged in an attempt to make the gun never able to fire live rounds. Plug came loose and acted like a bullet? Else if someone brought live ammunition to the set and that is the person who should be charged not the actor who pulled the trigger.

[/FONT]

pandabear

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Totally agree. Heard this on the way home from work late last night. First though was why was he pointing a gun and pulling the trigger at anybody the first place. Prop or no prop, it just common sense!
    By him shooting the film makers, its a strong indication that he was horse playing!. Just stupid on Balwin's part. Hope they arrest him for being careless!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Horrible situation no matter what the cause was. Either way a Hollywood leftist will not be held accountable even if he was horsing around. I’m hoping the local authorities will not be compromised while investigating this event. I would bet they will have calls coming from Pennsylvania Avenue regarding the investigation.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Totally agree. Heard this on the way home from work late last night. First though was why was he pointing a gun and pulling the trigger at anybody the first place. Prop or no prop, it just common sense!
    By him shooting the film makers, its a strong indication that he was horse playing!. Just stupid on Balwin's part. Hope they arrest him for being careless!

Possibly, but also he might have been "shooting" at the camera and they were in the line of fire near it.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    [FONT="]Wonder if they had the barrel plugged in an attempt to make the gun never able to fire live rounds. Plug came loose and acted like a bullet? Else if someone brought live ammunition to the set and that is the person who should be charged not the actor who pulled the trigger.

[/FONT]

After the Brandon Lee accidental movie shooting all guns in films are required to be permanently altered to where it is impossible to fire live ammo. So someone must’ve snuck a gun on set.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Possibly, but also he might have been "shooting" at the camera and they were in the line of fire near it.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Watch any shooter flick and see how many times a gun is pointing at another actor or the camera when it goes off. Better yet, try to
    find one with no such scene.
    Most times the director is very near the camera watching the action.

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Exactly. Someone handed him a "hot gun" which is not supposed to happen. Maybe they use Live ammo for some scenes but that seems awfully dangerous to have on set.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Watch any shooter flick and see how many times a gun is pointing at another actor or the camera when it goes off. Better yet, try to

pandabear

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana

But Balwin wasn't pointed the gun at any actors. He was pointed at the directors.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    From what I read, I thought it said the gun malfunctioned and not necessarily shot a live round. I was thinking the gun or parts exploded. That's crazy if it was a live round

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom