Moving like pond water…..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I feel like we are at an absolute standstill with this site. The same guns for sale sitting stagnant being pushed up, and up, and up…. Nobody wants to trade anything. Nobody is buying anything. Everything is moving like pond water…. I hate to say this, but I feel like the only time stuff starts moving around is after something bad happens. Right after someone starts saying that something is about to get banned. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we are all at a point where we are decently satisfied with the firearms we own, but the few that we are not satisfied with are steadily dropping their priced value. Everyone is listing their stuff as for sale and no trades. That’s great and all, but the price of gas and food are steadily rising and people just aren’t coming off that dollar like we were let’s say last year. Last year, guns were selling and being traded daily and sometimes hourly. Now I can click on a firearm that I would like to own and BAM for sale only…. I can offer 2 guns at double the value and the answer is still no, I only want cash…. You have had this listed for months and nothing. Price drop, new price drop, dropping price again, final price drop….. In the end it is absolutely the discretion of the lister/seller to make a deal with someone. I vote we start moving some of these firearms around and unclench these anal glands. Clearly there aren’t people rolling in money, but we gotta help each other…
    I’m heating up the popcorn…. What say you???

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    market its dead stale right now, economy sucks, housing market sucks, everything cost 2x more than i did a few years ago ... been that way for a while.. this always happens around Christmas and tax season... now after them income tax checks start coming in they will step it up... and usually before an election people get scared, but i think a good bit of people believe there will be a pro gun president elected this time so there wont be as big of a gun buy scare..

i agree. im deff PRO TRADING, its the only way to really maintain your values is to trade, otherwise be prepared to get scalded.... I dont ever need to sell guns for income, just trade and sell to feed my addictive hobby of wanna try something new and getting board with the old one lol

1705228136415.jpeg

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    People who know how to shop are buying them new. You can get a CZ striker fired optic ready model for less then $400 shipped. Sionics had a black Friday sale. It was like $1200 for their rifle. Even less with leo/mil discount. PSA has sales all the time. Walther and HK have reduced their prices and HK is giving you a $200 gift card to use at the HK store. Beretta and S&W had rebates for months. I think that recently ended.

Just last night I seen one online shop selling the walther q4 steel and q5 steel for $1050.

As for trading .. I don't like it. I like to sell and have money in my hand. Then I run to the candy store. Lol.. I like the whole process of researching what I want to buy next and who has the best price.

Though for me I haven't bought a gun in a long time or been to the range. The weather has been great so I've been riding my bike. My son and three of his cousins have joined me. So I'm the transportation, the mechanic and food service. Loving it and wouldn't have it any other way.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Supply and demand rules the day as always. There are some firearms selling/moving here, but its much slower than usual. Inflation has hit everyone, everything costs more today, especially groceries and dining out (which I do very little of). People are simply holding on to their money, tighter budget constraints right now. Many are feeling the economic squeeze. Freakin homeowners insurance is climbing in south LA too, mine damn near doubled in 2023.

You monitor the ads here, there is a LOT of unloading right now imo, guys selling their "toys", their luxuries. And a few of the asking prices are simply "out of touch". It is clearly a buyer's market in firearms right now imo, both new and used. Even ammo prices are softening a little too, like 9mm.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    ATF was apparently "busting" Private Sellers in a gun show in a state next door to LA and stealing their guns. The political climate is weird, and there are so many new people on the gun sites during this time when the Feds are being sneaky commies looking to populate gulags and courtrooms, and it's kind of like walking through marsh grass when you were expecting some kind of foundation. I do not interpret the lack of economy as a positive/signal of content; rather, I think it's a very bad sign suggesting radical legal instability, some fear, and a lot of uncertainty and mistrust.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    ATF was apparently "busting" Private Sellers in a gun show in a state next door to LA and stealing their guns. The political climate is weird, and there are so many new people on the gun sites during this time when the Feds are being sneaky commies looking to populate gulags and courtrooms, and it's kind of like walking through marsh grass when you were expecting some kind of foundation. I do not interpret the lack of economy as a positive/signal of content; rather, I think it's a very bad sign suggesting radical legal instability, some fear, and a lot of uncertainty and mistrust.
    When was this?

I haven't heard of the atf messing with any louisiana citizens making legal private gun sales. So i don't think that's the reason for the slow down in sales on this forum.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    When was this?

I haven't heard of the atf messing with any louisiana citizens making legal private gun sales. So i don't think that's the reason for the slow down in sales on this forum.
    AR, and it's not the specific reason but a symptom of the overall issue.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    AR, and it's not the specific reason but a symptom of the overall issue.
    You got a link to an article? I'm on Google and can't find anything.

I don't see how it's a symptom of anything. There are multiple gun sale posts everyday. The used prices are to high and new is the way to go.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    You got a link to an article? I'm on Google and can't find anything.

I don't see how it's a symptom of anything. There are multiple gun sale posts everyday. The used prices are to high and new is the way to go.
    It was a personal account from someone up there.

Agreed on prices, the used prices make it worth buying new in a lot of cases.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I don't know... I'm seeing things sell that are priced right. Sure, money is tight right after Christmas and before taxes, not seeing anyone seeking trades and wanting cash only I think is sort of cyclical. I typically like to sell my things and then buy new/ or something near new. Usually, my things are like new never used and things people want to trade are clapped out full of cat hair or have some sort of weird odor and they hope you're too stupid to know a bad trade when you see it. That's my biggest problems with trades, they are usually lopsided and someone will most times get insulted or butthurt.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I notice the same thing and my .02 on it is

1.) people need money. Everything is more expensive and people are trying to turn stuff they don’t use into cash.

2.) people post used guns for RIDICULOUS prices. I’m not just talking about the guys listing Glocks for $600-$700 because it comes with two extra mags and some night sights but it’s also the guys listing higher end items. Why would I buy your used sig speer for 6k when I can get one brand new for less than 4K. Chinese SKS’s for $500+ or pay $300 for the same gun elsewhere. The only thing I can think with problem 2 is guys don’t check market value before listing things for sale. Nothing like clicking on the classified to see the same stuff being bumped for “the last week” “last bump before gun broker” “more tire kickers but still available” and then it’s just ground hogs day all over again the next day, week, and so on. So when it comes to trading something personally I’m not going to over trade on my end just because I don’t want to spend cash. If it comes down to it I’ll either buy what I want or wait until I’m able too opposed to trading more stuff than I have to just to have it now.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I've bought a few things this year that I really didn't need, ammo, optics, more firearms, more uppers, a couple Glocks that I didn't need, not bragging, just didn't need it, now my disposable income has been effectively disposed of. So, we're all in the same boat, if we have it we spend it and then it runs out then we save more and then we'll burn through it again. The cycle of the gun hobby.

I do think with the serious issues on the horizon, we'll all be glad we have more than we need.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I notice the same thing and my .02 on it is

1.) people need money. Everything is more expensive and people are trying to turn stuff they don’t use into cash.

2.) people post used guns for RIDICULOUS prices. I’m not just talking about the guys listing Glocks for $600-$700 because it comes with two extra mags and some night sights but it’s also the guys listing higher end items. Why would I buy your used sig speer for 6k when I can get one brand new for less than 4K. Chinese SKS’s for $500+ or pay $300 for the same gun elsewhere. The only thing I can think with problem 2 is guys don’t check market value before listing things for sale. Nothing like clicking on the classified to see the same stuff being bumped for “the last week” “last bump before gun broker” “more tire kickers but still available” and then it’s just ground hogs day all over again the next day, week, and so on. So when it comes to trading something personally I’m not going to over trade on my end just because I don’t want to spend cash. If it comes down to it I’ll either buy what I want or wait until I’m able too opposed to trading more stuff than I have to just to have it now.

I think another problem is people mistake savings for value. You're adding $100 to the price of the rifle because you added a $150 surefire warcomp. It's a great savings for what it is but it adds no value to me. In fact, the savings actually reduces the value for me. I have dead air stuff. So on top of spending the $100 to get the warcomp, I have to spend $100ish for something dead air compatible, change out the muzzle device, then try to recoup that extra money by selling the warcomp. Yeah, you might get lucky and find someone who would like to upgrade their rifle the same way you upgraded yours but the more upgrades you have, the less likely that will be.

Top Bottom