My Newest Purchase!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've just got some plain-jane cocbolo double-diamond grips right now, but I've gone through a lot of different ones. Hogue rubber grips with the finger grooves are very comfortable to shoot with, but too tacky for carrying...not to mention kind of hideous. This week or next I'm going to order some red and black linen micarta grips from VZ grips...I think they will contrast the stainless nicely.

On my old parkerized mil-spec, I always wanted ivory grips, like Al Pachino has in Heat on his Colt Commander.

JustinR

Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lafayette
    I just bought the EXACT same pistol on Wednesday! Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm loving mine.

Only difference is, I replaced the grips on mine with these...

eclipse%20grip.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm actually getting the replaced right now. Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight and a 10-8 Performance 02-125 rear sight. It should make for quick site picture acquisition.

I've put it off for a while - I tried painting the night sights with white paint so I could see them, but the vials are set deep enough in that you can only see the paint in bright sunlight...I couldn't even make them out in the indoor range.

I'll post a picture of them when I get it back.

Good choice on the sights.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    now its the waiting process............and i can't stand it. Still waiting on my AK74 that I ordered.................its sitting at the fedex hub in Baton ROuge. Does anyone know of a way I could pick it up myself?? I really don't want my gun getting shipped back. I've already payed for shipping once, don't wanna have to pay for shipping again.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    No I don't know how you could pick it up. But I wanted to say you'll really love that AK74 once you get it. They're really a dream to shoot. It should also get along well with your SKS's. :)

Dave

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No I don't know how you could pick it up. But I wanted to say you'll really love that AK74 once you get it. They're really a dream to shoot. It should also get along well with your SKS's. :)

Dave

well thanks dave! I'm sure I'll love it but I gotta get it first. I've been waiting long enough. And I think it will get along with ALL of my guns.:D

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well the FEDEX office in Baton Rouge is off of Coursey Blvd. Most locations don't have Saturday pickup. Without a tracking number which I don't want to know it's pretty hard for me help you. I don't know where it is. But if you go to the FEDEX website put in a tracking number and do a bit of research I think that you could find the answer to that question.

Dave

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What is goin on is that my rifle was suppose to ship to FFL, well FFL isn't in town. I didn't know the FFL was going out of town. I have the tracking number and I know where the FEDEX hub is located but I figured they wasn't gonna let me pick it up. I want to get it before it goes back to Lancaster

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    If you want a cleaner look, get the grips that are cut for the S&A magwell. They cover the mainspring housing pin, fit flush with the bottom of the grip, and aren't beveled on the bottom.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom