My parent's house was robbed today (Walker) - UPDATE on page 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    When I used to live up in MD if any firearms were stolen the police would take down the serial numbers and every month a list of the numbers went out to all the pawn shops to check their inventory lists. Many weapons were recovered this way including my best friends 30-30. With any luck theirs a similar system down here. Just make sure the police have all the serial numbers. Good luck with the recovery.

The local Pawn shops send a list to the local PD. The PD will ask them to be on the look out for certain items also.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd still go to the local pawn shops. Drop them off the descriptions. Maybe mention a reward for recovery for the ones that have sentimental value. Hit the pawn shops in other parishes also.

Poopshooter

Join the Resistance
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Walker town USA
    What part of walker?

Also can we get a list of the gun's taken?

Edit: just saw here you posted where they live. Get me a list of the guns taken and I maybe able to help.

Last edited:

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    When I worked in the Property Investigations Unit, we picked up all the intake list from all the pawn shops in the parish on Fridays and compared them weekly with the stolen items reports. We made many, many cases like this, and the victims always got their propery back

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    When I worked in the Property Investigations Unit, we picked up all the intake list from all the pawn shops in the parish on Fridays and compared them weekly with the stolen items reports. We made many, many cases like this, and the victims always got their propery back

Same here.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    IMG00030-20110210-2058.jpg
    I know, just pissed that your question is valid. Reminds me of that video posted the other night.
    I keep my safe on the second floor. When I'm at work my dog also stays in that room. My dog does not like anyone. If some one does manage to kill my dog the bright side of that will be to come home and find a crushed crack head under my safe at the bottom of my stairs. I kind of want it to happen. Does that make me evil or what

zguinness

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    Edit: just saw here you posted where they live. Get me a list of the guns taken and I maybe able to help.

The only one I know of for sure is a Taurus PT1911 that my bro-in-law just gave him. My dad gave me a couple of his older guns a while back (good thing!) because he doesn't really shoot them anymore. I'll get a full list from him and let you know. How will you be able to help if you don't mind me asking? If you don't want to say here you can send me a PM.

zguinness

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    Were the guns secured at all?

No. My parents live alone (no children in the house anymore). We're only talking about 2 or 3 handguns here... no a huge gun collection. Like I said in my last post, he gave me a couple of his older guns a while back so he only had 2 or 3 handguns for protection. Keeping them locked in a safe isn't very practical for protection purposes.

satoups

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lousiana
    At the very least make sure the home is well lighted and put a couple of dogs/alarm signs on the doors.
    If they didn't get everything, dont be surprise if they come back for the rest.....
    Local police should be collecting the pawn sheets weekly for review. Sit back and review the condition of the home and figure out why was their home selected. What brought attention to their home. Did it look empty, was the curtains open for viewing, no cars in the drive way at the time, blind spots around the home......etc you get the idea. Now change the perception.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY

Same here.

In these deals, did you actually catch the preps too or just recover the items. Who eats it in a deal like this too...the pawn shops?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    They were in the man's house. That's all the "securing" a gun needs imo.

Yes, because thieves don't break into homes to steal guns.

No. My parents live alone (no children in the house anymore). We're only talking about 2 or 3 handguns here... no a huge gun collection. Like I said in my last post, he gave me a couple of his older guns a while back so he only had 2 or 3 handguns for protection. Keeping them locked in a safe isn't very practical for protection purposes.

Well, that's the best case when guns are stolen I guess. It's easier to replace a couple than 20.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    In these deals, did you actually catch the preps too or just recover the items. Who eats it in a deal like this too...the pawn shops?

If I purchase a gun and it turns out to be stolen I would suffer the loss and I could be in trouble for receiving stolen things.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom