My second handgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocketmanzzz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2024
    New Orleans
    As I pondered after getting the first one, I realized I wanted something with a similar power to the .45 but has good capacity and better accuracy. I already got a Smith&Wesson which loved for the prices they were going for,
    so I got the M&P .40 2.0. Which even though is a lot larger than my Shield, it is still very comfortable and slim enough for conceal carry.
    IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I like 40 S&W. Decades ago the FBI was all about 40 cal after the disastrous Miami shooting, and most LE departments followed suit. Then there was substantial projectile terminal performance improvements, and most everybody swung back to 9mm Luger. Hence the flood of used Glock 22s in the used handgun marketplace about 10 years ago. Projectile terminal performance has come a long way in the last decade or so. CAD is/was a game changer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You got a rock solid handgun there. I took advantage of the forty funeral myself over the course of about a year, picking up killer deals on some real sweet pistols. I dove in back in the early 90’s with a couple H&K’s, a Beretta 96, then later Glock 22, 23..but just a couple years ago I found some extraordinary deals. The best deal and softest shooting .40’s I own are the two FNX pistols I bought new ($269 each) less than $300 shipped and mags were 5 bucks! Recoil feels more like a 9mm, especially when you shoot them back to back with any other full size .40.
    John has a good point about bullet tech coming a long way, but it’s not limited to the 9mm.
    There are some real decent .40 S&W loads out there that tout 500+ ft lbs of energy.
    Most 9mm defensive loads top out at 147gr flying at subsonic velocities, around 1000fps, while .40 can manage a 165gr at 1200 or better, 180gr at 1100 easy. And they open up significantly bigger. I’ll leave it there, because folks just love to argue, but the numbers actually do mean something. I can still buy decent brass cased range ammo for 28 cents per round shipped.
    Enjoy that puppy!

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    40 is a great caliber. But as I have matured in years and lost muscle mass and gained tremors, I find the snappy recoil makes it more difficult to regain sight picture for follow up shots. So when I standardized on calibers several years ago I only kept two 40 pistols and a few thousand rounds of ammo. (They are all for the grandsons now anyway.) :)
    Ed

Top Bottom